Need Ideas

Violet2Dawn

How about plain thin white cardboard? Cut in pieces as wallboard comes in, and glue them in place! Take an empty ballpoint pen and make indentations on the edges like real wallboard and you might find it very realistic!

WAX PAPER over white cardboard or paint. That way it can be rough around the edges. Then use white adhesive tape (from your first aid kit) to use as the tape that goes over the joints. May have to cut it thinner lenghtwise to get the scale right.

Oh! You got my creative mind going !!!

In the Construction Blogs, under Darrell and Melissa's Mckinley, they did the attic room to look like it was being remodeled. Looks like maybe it was painted to look like sheetrock sheets. :p

Dry wall isn't white it's more of a light gray. I would go with the construction paper too. It has more of that papery texture found on dry wall. If you wanted to go all out you need to wrap the edges around and but them together ( except thte edges that have been cut).

So I am thinking now paper tape from first aid kit, grey cardstock or thicker construction paper, my ball stylus and some white paint. You guys are the best!!! Thanks for all the ideas, and if you have more please ad them!!! Dawn

Construction paper will change color when exposed to light. Even the gray will turn pinkish. So sayeth the former elementary art teacher. I'd use the backside of a food box, as Melissa did.

I would use thin light grey card cut to the same size as drywall. Glue each sheet up with the tiniest gap between then use skim-coat plaster to stop the joints, then sand. I think it would look exactly like real drywall.

Edited by Anna G

What about using the actual drywall tape, the one that we cover joints with on the real stuff, and just using white paint? Couldn't that work for you? For as long as I can remember there's been at least a couple rolls kicking round here, and it don't change color, also looks like the paper on the sheets. There's always good old fashion water and flower glue, which ressembles plaster when dry, and the drywall tape, will take it with ease, it's designed to be gooped on. Good luck with your project, whatever you decide to use.