Hanging my head in shame....

LittleFox

leave a husband if he don't like dollhouses
If that's not the only item that makes you upset & insecure it may be the last straw, so to speak. I'm an advocate of long-term commitment, but NOT at the expense of peace of mind. If it's all about HIM it's not a marriage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's not the only item that makes you upset & insecure it may be the last straw, so to speak. I'm an advocate of long-term commitment, but NOT at the expense of peace of mind. If it's all about HIM it's not a marriage.

Amen Holly!!

I would rather raise my two children by myself then live with the person who thinks the world revolves around him! :)

Some Men (and other people) are such children and yet they think we are acting like children because they see minis as toys. The truth is dollhousing feeds our souls, it lets us have that perfect world even if it is only in mini.

Our hobbie feeds our creativity and builds our egos.

All dollhousers and for that matter artists, because that's what we are, are extremely creative and focused.

Forgive me for the lecture. I am lucky in a way. Living alone I have control of my remote, my computer and my money. LOL :):):)

Fred and I are part of a growing minority. We have been together for ummmmmm 22 years and married for 15 years.

We support each other and never ever say something mean that would hurt the other person to their core. I may say something mean when i am moody but it is never hurtful. He does his thing..I do my thing.

He tolerates the miniatures....I tolerate his friends... :lol:

Tell him you are helping the economy and just trying to be a good citizen in the process.

No, seriously money is always an issue with couples, but you could probably get him to ease up on you if you hint that he should get himself something now and then of equal value. It's only fair, and then he probably won't condemn your purchases as much if he thinks he can buy something too. Just a thought.

You should not have to feel guilty as long as you have money for the essentials it should not matter.

I get teased by my dh for having too many hobbies and i am sure he really did not want me to get my Orchid as he knew i was bidding on an Aurthur on ebay as well plus i had just bought a furniture kit. Then of course i needed glue and paint and sandpaper and of course the list goes on. He says its not fair because i expect that i should have a computer that can operate on par with his since we both like to play computer games i also have scrapbooking and sewing and card making and baking / candy making and crocheting and a tech gadget obsession so it is a lot of things to put money into. He for the most part does not complain about the money as long as things are paid.

His big obsession though is remote control toys and since he just bought a new plane which cost the same as my two houses and furniture combined i dont think he can say too much. Especially since this is the secoond of the same plane he is getting the first one i bought him for his birthday he flew it twice before it was destroyed during a crash. Most of his remote control toys are at least $100 and go up from there. His two cars he has were over $400 each so i am thinking he cant complain even if i do have a lot of hobbies and projects on the go.

I do the hiding thing too though it is easier with some things than others paper and fabric is easy houses not so much :lol:

I was away and now am going back over things I missed and this whole topic really hits a nerve with me. In my case it is becasue we do not have room in our US house for all the DH stuff. So I should just drop it when e are here and pick it up again when I am home.

Currently my attitude is we have a perfectly good nearly 4,000 sq foot flat where I have a work space bigger than this whole house (not to mention a unobstructed view of the mediterranean sea) and if I hear one more complaint that is exactly where I am going to go and live. So... if DH want his home kept in order parties planned and hosted. the children well raised and pets nicely groomed he better not even THINK a bad thought.

All and all I got a pretty good deal where husbands are concerned but still he is a man.

My husband saw that I had been on evilbay today and all he said was "OH you went shopping?" :p Good thing we got our stimulus check Saturday! I am so very glad we don't live together any more!!