! My Westville arrived today!

Surrealtulip

Hi Liz, I love it when something first arrives. :o I buy the cheapest paint i can find. Usually Walmart house paint. I was going to buy Sherwin Williams for my QA until I saw how much it was. Walmart paint is just fine, as long as you get a person that knows what there doing when they mix the color you want.

Yay, new house dance!!!! It is always soooo much fun opening up the box and starting up the new build. Can't wait to see your progress as well as hearing about your plans!

Good luck in your build and keep having fun!

Hugs

Ceramcoat by Delta paints is supposed to be good, i use whats on sale when it comes to acrylics. However, you can go to a hard ware store and buy those smaller cans of paint in almost any colors.Same with the big ones but that might be to much. I usaly use acrylic. :yikes:

Liz, I built the Westville to sell and they wanted "navy" blue, which turned out to be a dark blue (NOT navy) and I found the perfect paint in one of the little sample jars (Benjamin Moore) and I used that for the accent color with white for the trim. When it came time to paint the exterior siding I put some of the white paint into a yogurt cup and added tiny amounts of the blue just until I could see a blue tint of color, and painted the house with that, and she loved it!

• 2 weeks later...

We're currently in the painting and staining process - fun! :yes: We decided to order samples from Behr. One of the great suggestion....from the blog. I orderd the colors I wanted in the perfect amounts (8 oz.)... At 6.25 each - - It was an easy choice. The small rollers are a dream too. :p