Sturbridge Mass. Miniature Show

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if all goes well (unfortunately sometimes questionable) my husband, my sister, and I are going to the Sturbridge show on Sunday.

What is the parking like -- is there a lot of it or do you have to park far away? Is there any kind of "valet" parking? My sister can't walk far so we would even be willing to pay for valet parking.

Thanks for any info.

:roflmao:

Well, if all goes well (unfortunately sometimes questionable) my husband, my sister, and I are going to the Sturbridge show on Sunday.

What is the parking like -- is there a lot of it or do you have to park far away? Is there any kind of "valet" parking? My sister can't walk far so we would even be willing to pay for valet parking.

Thanks for any info.

:roflmao:

There is a lot of parking but the later you arrive, the further away you'll have to park. I don't recall seeing any valet parking, but I wasn't looking. But you could definitely drop your sister at the door and then park. There's a covered overhang with a bench outside or she could wait inside.

I would make sure you drop her at the right door. The main door takes you to the lobby and it is a short walk to the show. There is a door right at the show though so that would be easier. The show itself has a good amount of walking to see all the vendors. They have chairs and tables set up outside the show area for resting and eating.

Guest Nathaniel

I am planning on going (unless unforseen circumstances stop me) I live in New Bedford, MA so it should be about an hour and a half ride for me. I will make sure to wear a green leaf on a white t-shirt so that we can all recognize eachother. I am soooo excited to go. I have been to Sturbridge Village in the past a few times, but i was younger. I have some friends the next town over from Sturbridge, and I grew up in central MA (Orange, MA) so I am not a stranger to the area really. But, anyways, Im trying to figure out how much cash to bring, so that I can limit myself. Im sure you cant use a credit card at the show, but I am not going to bring mine so that I MAKE SURE that i dont go overboard!!! I have got sooo many projects going on that I can spend a fortune SOOO easily!!! I will probably end up leaving around 8-830ish to be there for 10am when it opens on Sunday. Then, im sure I will spend HOURS and HOURS looking at everything and figuring out what I want to buy.

I have a question for those who have been to this show in the past though... Is there a lot there to purchase, or is alot of it just there to show? Like, whats the percentage in the past? 90% to purchase, 10% just to show? or what? Please let me know.

Im going to look for things to go in my Piercefield Seaside Victorian Mansion (Garfield and Pierce I am combining). I will also look for things for my Tennyson Victorian, my Worthington Southern Colonial Mansion, and my Spring Fling project...

neways, i cant wait!!!!

:wave:

-Nathaniel

I have been to smaller show this year so far and I spent less then $100 and purchased quite a few things. The scale of this show will be much larger. i will definitely have a list this time so I do not go overboard.

You can get things very inexpensively but then there are things that can break the bank if you wanted to do that..LOL

I have been to smaller show this year so far and I spent less then $100 and purchased quite a few things. The scale of this show will be much larger. i will definitely have a list this time so I do not go overboard.

You can get things very inexpensively but then there are things that can break the bank if you wanted to do that..LOL

What I did last year was to bring the amount I wanted to spend in cash. That way I didn't go over and didn't charge or write checks unless I really, really fell in love with something that I knew I couldn't get anywhere else and could justify it.

Guest Nathaniel
What I did last year was to bring the amount I wanted to spend in cash. That way I didn't go over and didn't charge or write checks unless I really, really fell in love with something that I knew I couldn't get anywhere else and could justify it.

Hi Carrie,

Can you pay by credit card at an event like this? I would think not.... I will bring cash, no check. Will most vendors even accept checks I wonder... I would assume that most vendors will ONLY accept cash, so that is what I will bring, which will also help me to limit myself... lol...

-Nathaniel :welcome:

Guest Nathaniel
Of course. I would be happy to!

I plan on wearing a green leaf to the show. I was just gonna blow up a pic of one or something. But, if you have a good one you can send our way, thtat would be great!!!

THank you!

-Nathaniel

:D

10 more days till the start of the show!! WooHoo!!

I have to start planning meals for the girls and what I am going to pack. This is going to be so much fun.

Guest Nathaniel

I just wanted to clarify one thing about the show. It is Sunday, June 1st, from 10am-4pm, correct? And admission is $6 for adults? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Nathaniel :p

7 more days!!!

So who is definitely going? Me, Dawn, Carrie, judith, nathaniel, gail...Am I missing anyone? Are we all meeting up on Sunday? Saturday?

Dawn and I will be there Friday thru Sunday.

Guest Nathaniel
7 more days!!!

So who is definitely going? Me, Dawn, Carrie, judith, nathaniel, gail...Am I missing anyone? Are we all meeting up on Sunday? Saturday?

Dawn and I will be there Friday thru Sunday.

Hi all! I am DEFINITELY going! I will get there for Sunday at 10am, and as soon as the doors open I will be in there with my jaw to the floor I am sure! :) I just printed up my Greenleaf today in color, put it in a clear plastic laminated page holder thingy, punched a hole in the top, attached a clip so I can clip it to my shirt, and I am ALL set to be recognized by the rest of the Greenleafers at the show! I look forward to and hope that I get the chance to meet Heidi, Dawn, Carrie, Judith, Gail, and whoever else is coming to the show from the forum, and other cool peeps. Is everyone wearing their Greenleaf thing so we can recognize eachother? I hope so. I'm so excited! I am going to really make this trip count and spend WAY more than I ever should!! :p My cell phone number, (if I remember to bring it) is 978-407-7275, feel free to call me if you want to meet up and chat. I know that I am going to spend most of the day at the show, hours and hours I am sure, so I'd be happy to meet up with a few members for lunch or something if they were interested.

So I'm curious, what is everyone going to be looking for at the show? Personally, I am just looking for anything that I fall in love with and have to have and have a need for. But, specifically, I would like some nice chairs, fireplaces, curtains, wall art, bedspreads, a nice kitchen sink, library shelves and furniture, high quality furniture, flooring, wainscotting, etc. I also just want to look at all the lovely things and get ideas for lovely things I can make or build. I really would like to buy some one-of-a-kind pieces, really rare and unique stuff, but hopefully not breaking the bank too much.

I have a 10 room house, a 6 room house, a 4 room house, and a 22 room house to furnish so there is almost no limit to the amount of things that I need and want for all of my projects!

So, im curious - what is everyone else looking for at the show?

:unsure:

SOOOO EXCITED!!! :lol:

-Nathaniel