Bashing a Garfield

Brenda8148

Hi there, I am a new member from Cambridge UK. I have just finished making a regular UK style house and would like to try a more elaborate American style house. I like how a Garfield looks but want to be able to open it from the front or sides like UK houses do. Has anyone ever tried anything like this?

From Brenda8148

Hi and welcome. I am working on the Garfield. In the back i will be making removable panels, so that when i do the landscaping it will look better.

Dear Brenda,

My Garfield is in dry fit at the moment, but I just went and looked at it, and I really don't know where you would put the openings. I am a beginner, so perhaps am not seeing where they would work. If you figure out how, I would love to know.

Shirley

I just have a Garfield too and have looked if I could make it partly front opening too. But the problem is the porge and the roof which is starting in hight on two different levels and is partly fallen over the walls.

Now I'm thinking to make a wider front door for a better view into the entrance, the windows are very large and there is a wonderful view into the rooms when you look through the windows. On the other side with the porge there be two baywindows which are removable and gives you a fantastic 3d view into the parlor and second floor.

But I also want to close her. So I been thinking to make her on a turnable table and on the backside a bashing of one room over all the stories and roof which can be turned open. With a porge and a servants door to the kitchen.

Something like this

post-2861-1207643646_thumb.jpg

(of course this is an example of another dollhouse)

Hopes you understand my rusty English :yikes: .

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking that the Garfield wouldn't be the best candidate to convert to a front-opening style. The L-Shaped layout would make it difficult to access all of the rooms from the front. I would think a house that had a flat back like the Arthur or the Westville would be better candidates.

The Vineyard would leave the option for a side-opening house which could be very cute.

There are ways to close the back of a house to protect it from dust & critters if that's the primary concern.