Happy April Fool`s day!

heidiiiii

play April Fool`s tricks?

I did when I was young. My Dad taught me how to short change sheets, switching the sugar in the bowl with the salt in the shaker, and unscrewing the pepper shaker! LOL Just to name a few.

I would soooo love to do it today but the girls are still sick and that would be just plain wrong! LOL

What did you do as a child?

Do you still do tricks on April Fools?

Has anyone tricked you today?

My sister-in-law LOVES April Fools's Day! One year she told everyone at work a few weeks before that April first was her "Chinese birthday" (she IS Chinese--born and raised in Hong Kong!). She went on to elaborate that in her culture they celebrate a Chinese birthday and their American birthday but that she enjoys celebrating her Chinese birthday more. On April Fool's Day everyone from her office came in with little gifts and a cake for her "birthday". :D She laughed her head off telling them "Happy April Fool's Day!" They were NOT amused! :(

When she tried pulling the same joke the following year no one took the bait and she was a little offended! :( After a few years went by she tried it again since there were newer staff members only that time she invited people to come to her HOUSE; her office is 45 miles from her home! She truly believed that if they were her true friends they would show up. When only one person came she was sadly disappointed. :( We tried explaining that April Fool's Day jokes like that usually aren't appreciated especially if they have to travel 45 miles after a day's work to a party that isn't really anyone'sbirthday. I haven't heard that she's played any more April Fool's Day jokes any more! I think she may have learned her lesson! :p

The only other April Fool's Day joke that stands out in my mind was when my husband told me HE was pregnant! :jawdrop:

Have a great "joking" day!

Kathie

The funniest one I remember, was one year some played the Myra Manes call.

You write out a message for someone to return a call to Myra Manes, with the phone number of a Funeral Parlor. Usually when they ask for Myra Manes (My Remains), the person calling catchs on.

One person totally didn't get the joke :jawdrop: and the person at the Funeral Parlor had to explain the joke to her (while laughing his head off).

It made the whole thing funnier. :(

I'm planning on wrapping a rubberband around the sink spray gun tonight for my dad - that's the only gag this year. I've done some whoppers.... but my favorite is a simple one, back before everyone had laser mouses for their pcs... I took out the track ball of my office mate's mouse and replaced it with a tiny sign that read: "Your mouse has been neutered"

She sat there banging her mouse, clicking it, trying short cut keys - everything but actually turning the mouse over and reading my sign! I finally had to stop her when she called down to IT support (although I should have made him come up, it would have been even funnier!)

Oh Jen! I like that one!

I have told the girls to never ever under any circumstances to do the rubber band on the sprayer trick to me.

I would get really mad because I would be the one to have to clean up the water! LOL

Other then that..anything is fair game..just nothing that would give me extra work to do.

when i was a teen we got my mum good. we arranged for our aunts boyfriend to call her and pretend he was the radio guy goffee in the morning and she had won a prize all she had to do was tell him her most secret sexual fantasy. it was so funny to watch her go red. it took her a while to catch on tho. we suffered the rest of the day

my friend Ryan and I got to work before anyone else and we glued a quarter to the floor

hid our superviors chair. we got 2 peeps and our lead almost fell for it...LOL

but she pulled the best one...she put in for a personal day starting at 7:30am...we start at 7am

all in all very satisfying day...LOL

but not for the kid...she called dad coz she is broke down and he wouldnt believe her until her friend brought her home. I once told him I was preg with twins on April fools. it helped that I was preg at the time.

he was a nice shade of green for several days coz he just wasnt sure if it was a joke! :jawdrop: :(

nutti :D

Well lets see, at work we have a thing called yogun fruz,(frozen yogurt) we haven't opened it in months an i ended up there (i thought my manger was kidding) (he wasn't, EVERY THING was expired.) Except for the frozen yogurt bars,frozen fruit, tea and coffee. so i filled the front display freezer FULL of them put out frozen fruit, etc. I had a customer come and ask for four. I said we are all out of yogun fruz she was not amused. (we had signs in about ten different places saying that the only thing i could serve is coffee, tea and yogun fruz. ) When i told her Aprils fools she screamed and went to her theater. :banana:

No stunts here, but did anyone catch the Pizza Hut is now the Pasta Hut one. Big add in the USA Today and their web site also showed it. Now that was a good corporate one! My hubby and daughter were really bummed.

Nothing here, well, not really....our joke on the boss is that she was expecting something all day, and we didn't do anything....

However, our cleaning service people had been leaving weird messages to each other in our janitor's closet, and when we told Karen (the boss) she thought that was our joke....unfortunately it wasn't a joke and she had to deal with the owner of the cleaning service....great way to start the day :)