Hola

:p My name is Allison.

I ordered my first kit a few days ago. I also ordered the spring fling and it arrived yesterday. I need to purchase my tools and such befor I get started. This will be my first time building a dollhouse and I will need all the luck I can get. lol

I am hoping to learn alot. The gallery has some amazing pictures, I cannot wait to get started.

Welcome Allison! Which kit did you get? This is a great forum with lots of ideas. Everyone here is so helpful, so feel free to ask any questions, and remember...there are NO stupid questions. Most important, do not use hot glue to put your house together. Tacky glue works well, along with a lot of other glues on the market.

Have fun!

:p Wow!

Thanks for the *welcomes*.

I ordered the Coventry Cottage, and last night I ordered some goodies from miniatures.com with the help of a 50% off coupon. I am expecting the kit to arrive early this week. Hopefully tomorrow I can get out to purchase much needed tools and such.

Believe me, I will not use hot glue. I did hear it is good for shingles; is that a good idea? :(

I live in Aiken County, SC. I am from across the Savannah river in Augusta, Ga.

Allison I live in Aiken also, I'm in the southern part of Aiken off of Silverbluff Road. If you need any help be sure to email me. I would be happy to help in any way. I have 3 houses in the works right now and also the contest shed. It's a fun project.

Bea, I am in North Augusta. Exit 1. Awesome!

Have you done the Coventry Cottage?

I will be in Aiken tomorrow, I see Dr. Walker downtown on Richland Ave.

I have only lived in SC for 3 years, so I am still learning my way around. :(

Allison if you live in North Augusta you can take a run over to the Riverfront Antique Mall and see a few things I put there. One is the Allison jr house, a beach house, a Harley Davidson travel trailer and a Pottery Shoppe I made. It's in booth H-4. I haven't made the Coventry cottage but I did make the Sugarplum cottage. Also I've made the Harrison, Willow, Glencroft, Victorian jr., the Greenleaf houseboat, 2 victoria's Farmhouses, and I also made a cowboy bunkhouse out of the RGT victorian cottage and I made a Health spa out of the RGT farmhouse jr. and also I'm still working on the San Franciscian.

Bea, is that the one on Jefferson Davis Highway?

I will have to go check it out. When are you there?

I just found out I have 2 slightly herniated discs in my back; L4 & L5, along with narrowing. I haven't been able to get out in two weeks but will definately have to check it out, probably this weekend.

If I feel like it tomorrow after my foot Dr. appt. I am going to try and find hobby lobby because I really need supplies cause I have none. lol :(

I am still learning my way around Aiken. I did check out your gallery and I am impressed! :p

Yes that's it. It's very close to GA in North Augusta. I've been down here since August '06 . I know what you mean about finding your way around. When we first came down all we did was get lost. Every highway has 3 names. It's crazy. Anyway email me at beakillion1@bellsouth.net and I'll give you my phone #. Hobby Lobby is very close to me. Maybe we can make arrangements to go together. I also have 2 herniated discs in my back. It was a couple of years ago but I don't think they ever really heal. What helped me when it was the worst was accupuncture combined with physical therapy. The drugs they gave me at the reg. doctor never worked so I stopped taking them and made an appointment with the Accuptuncture dr. it made a big difference. Now I can do everything. I just get sciatica once in a while. And I go on my Hangups machine to stretch my back and unpinch the nerve. It does wonders.

Hey Bea!!!! :(

I still cannot believe we met at the hobby lobby today. Way too cool for school! lol

Boy did I have some great finds at the dollar store, and also the discount store. I am so broke. :jawdrop:

My fiance Mark said we can go back to the hobby store and spend the 40% coupon later this week.

I'll let you know, maybe we can meet up or something.

I sure did over do it, but I'll survive.

Alli

Edited by Minis On The Edge
to remove email address

Welcome to the "little" family, Ali. We're on the road at present, so can't spend much time online. We used to live in Union, SC, mini years ago; DS#1 now lives in Charleston.

Mini on!