Hi there

Suzy

Hi everyone, I have been reading the forum for a while but have comittment isues :) I am a transplant from the UK and have lived in VA (where my mini habit began), Ohio and now Texas. I have never joined a forum before but you guys seem pretty friendly, thank you for having me.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I have been hooked for about 4 yrs- my husband built a computer for a work mate and he gave me a doll house he custom built in exchange, even the shingles were hand made! after that I was lost. I sat and stared at my beautiful cape cod for a while but was scared to touch it never mind decorate the thing so I got a sugarplum to practice on, learned a lot :) 4yrs & 2 moves later I have built a Lilliput strawberry patch for my daughter, an old dura craft brookfield I donated to the preschool, a RGT country Victorian for me & an Orchid that was donated to the school silent auction. I am now working on a Beacon Hill my dream house but I'm also thinking of getting the Brookwood in the 50% of sale at HBS. My husband still blames his workmate for my obsession :jumping: The biggest way my habit has impacted my life became apparent when I had to pack everything up to move from Ohio to Texas!!

:)
I am from Texas too (Southeast part). I am also fairly new to the forum. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want and don't forget to share pics of your houses (after 5 posts you can create an album for everyone to see.) You'll love it here there is so much inspiration you'll get even more addicted to this hobby. :jumping:

• 2 weeks later...