What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

On 8/21/2021 at 11:24 AM, peonyfoxburr said:

And today I am sulking a tiny bit, because Hurricane Henri will be upon us tomorrow, the day I was going to drive down to CT to pick up that Queen Anne kit. A First World problem, to be sure! And Henri is only a Category 1 storm—I can hear you Southerners yawning from here, as that would be a real nothingburger for all of you. It’s still a big nuisance, though. A vigorous “nor’easter” can bring a similar wind velocity, but there aren’t leaves on the deciduous trees then. So a tropical storm tends to knock more trees down.

We have a whole house generator, so as long as we don’t lose any trees near the house…

Anyone else in New England waiting on this storm?

Hi Elizabeth.

I’m in north western Connecticut. Was happy to see the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm and more to the east of us(still praying for the other half) but I hear ya on the tree situation. We have a huge 50+ year old oak tree right next to our house and every time that wind picks up I cringe. 

Sorry to hear you have to wait for that Queen Anne, hopefully you’ll have it home soon.😀

• Like 1

Well, I am back online after 3 weeks off to move. It would have been much easier if I had set fire to everything but my dollhouse things🤣

Now comes the work of taking everything out of the box and finding a new home for it. Luckily this house has a massive amount of storage space, and it looks like I might even get a dollhouse room

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

Well, I am back online after 3 weeks off to move. It would have been much easier if I had set fire to everything but my dollhouse things🤣

Now comes the work of taking everything out of the box and finding a new home for it. Luckily this house has a massive amount of storage space, and it looks like I might even get a dollhouse room

oh I so know how you feel! we moved in late February/March to Texas and I am still sorting through boxes finding things or wondering where a few things are lol.  Congratulations and I hope that it goes quickly to unpack!

We're on the eastern side, so LOTS of rain, in bands, and occasional wind gusts.  I hope all our northeastern friends survived Henri without power outages or wind damage or flooding.  May all the rest of this year's storms be fish storms.

You're a lot closer to Ron's than I am! 

Last year we took a direct hit from Sally, we were dead-center when the eye passed over and without power for a week and the man who was cutting our grass was going to start the post-Sally clean up last March and has not been back since, and finding someone who is willing to cut grass once a month and do landscaping jobs as we can afford them is not easy to find.

Holly, thanks for thinking of us up here in the Not So Frozen North—Henri actually weakened just before landfall to a Tropical Storm. Depending upon where one was, it was more rain or more wind. Up here we had steady rain all day, but not especially high winds. Trees always fall somewhere during these things, but there weren’t widespread power outages. My pal in CT, the one selling me the Queen Anne kit, said they got lots of wind but not so much rain, and no power losses. I drove down there today to collect it—squee!  Very nice people, too. I went to college and lived for a number of years in that part of CT as a kid, so it was fun to get back.

I hope you escape the worst of Ida’s wrath, though lots of rain is probably inevitable. Stay safe!

• Like 1

Just got my 2nd vaccine dose... All the people saying it hit stronger than the first were right ; I thought I could finish some mini cleaning, but instead I felt like a slug and barely moved for a full day. At least now it's done !

I hope everyone near Ida stay safe !

Roxanne, I wonder which vaccine you got.  We got both doses of the Moderna and other than the soreness you get at the site, we had less ickiness after the second shot.

Thanks, Elizabeth; today we're getting hammered with the rain, still to early to see if we had anything from wind, but I haven't heard any much wind, just tons of rain.  I'm glad that Sable's part of the world escaped this one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, _Roxy_ said:

Just got my 2nd vaccine dose... All the people saying it hit stronger than the first were right ; I thought I could finish some mini cleaning, but instead I felt like a slug and barely moved for a full day. At least now it's done !

I hope everyone near Ida stay safe !

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Roxanne, I wonder which vaccine you got.  We got both doses of the Moderna and other than the soreness you get at the site, we had less ickiness after the second shot.

Thanks, Elizabeth; today we're getting hammered with the rain, still to early to see if we had anything from wind, but I haven't heard any much wind, just tons of rain.  I'm glad that Sable's part of the world escaped this one.

I got Moderna too.....I was down 2 days with the second dose, but I am on Immunosuppressants . The first jab I was down for only 1 day.

Thinking of you Holly! Glad you weren't directly in Ida's path.

I got the Pfizer shot, and the 2nd one took me down for a whole day and half. I got the shot at noon and woke up the next day and my entire body hurt, had a headache and slept on and off all day long. My daughter who is 34 had the same reaction, but my son-in-law had NO reaction whatsoever. We all 3 got Pfizer.

Well…on the subject of vaccine responses, the only rule seems to be that there is no rule. In my family, living in 3 different households, my son had no complaints (J&J), my daughter had 24 hours of feeling kind of lousy with both doses(Moderna), and my husband and I had some headache the night of getting our first doses (Pfizer) but felt fine the next day, and really had no unpleasant symptoms after the second.

After having had whopper reactions the previous year from Shingrix #1 and 2, AND the 2020 flu shot, I was convinced I’d be laid out in lilies from the COVID-19 vaccine. It was definitely a pleasant surprise to be wrong.

20 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Roxanne, I wonder which vaccine you got.  

I got Pfizer for both ; the first dose I only had a medium level ache in my arm for 24h, like if I had a bruise, but no fever or anything. The second started that way too, but the next day I felt sooo tired and sluggish.

There's probably some genetics involved in one's reaction as well, because both my dad and sister who got Pfizer had the same feelings. But my mom had Pfizer too but no ache nor fever at all either dose! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm back. Was a very trying two and a half months for me. July 4 had me sent to the hospital for respiratory event, my CO2 levels were sky high and I was put on a ventilator for 2 weeks. Luckily I don't remember a thing. I now have to use a CPAP at night though. After the hospital stay, I went to rehab for 3 weeks and I'm home now, using a walker and working back up to full strength so I can walk unaided in the future. I will still have to go to rehab closer to home, but will no longer be staying in a facility. Can't wait to get back to all my projects!

• Like 3

@blueirishmoonAfter that long stay in hospital and rehab, have your leg wounds from spring time healed completely now Cynthia? You said you're using a walker, hopefully that'll build up your strength nicely. 

I decided it was high time I got the Fairfield out again, only to find that my notebook where I wrote what I still needed to do, was not in the box with the dollhouse :( And I can't find it elsewhere now. I'm sure it is somewhere in the house, but house is messy and full, and only God knows where it is! Put a big dampener on my mini-ing mood! Grumble. 

Do have some extra tiny minis, 1:48 I think, that I could work on (I've been inspired looking at post/pics of 1:48 scale on a facebook page) but was hoping to get Fairfield nearly done for Christmas so I need to crack on with that really. :badmood:

Thanks Muriel! The leg wounds are much smaller now, but still aren't completely healed. Was playing around with colored pencils earlier, making an abstract drawing. Not quite ready to get back to stained glass yet, and my strength isn't quite up to long stints of needlework either, but I'm getting better all the time.

Hi all! It's been a really long time. I've moved twice, I have wonderful grandkids, I was diagnosed with P.A.D (peripheral artery disease) and Fibromyalgia.  Some days are great but many are not. The fatigue is horrible as is the pain most days. But I hobble along because giving up isn't an option.

I'm cleaning out my craft room so I can bring my dollhouse stuff down from the attic. I hope to make some things. 

• Like 1