What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Welcome back to you too then Cynthia, glad to hear you're heading in the right direction again! 

My windows arrived, I got all excited to play, then remembered my groceries are due tomorrow and I haven't done most of the ordering yet :( Done now, and playing while I catch up on forum. 

44 minutes ago, blueirishmoon said:

I've been out of commission in the hospital for some healing wounds that had started getting bad. I'm back home now, with help from my parents. Nice to read about minis again.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Treading water mostly, having to go for blood again in a couple of days so taking it very easy.. sewing 1/24 bed things but itching to do more. Hold up on a delivery is holding me back which is probably a good thing.Ecen the seing is hard work, it isn't the sewing as such , it is the finding stuff, lifting boxes etc to get through a stash. Double drat!! When that is all done it is quiet work.

My mini work has slowed down to a grinding halt.  Not sure why. Combination of interest in genealogy research taking over much of my free time, taking care of a hubby recovering from another surgery (hip replacement this time), and weekends seeing the grands.

Speaking of which - my 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter loves to come downstairs into my work room and play with the houses in rehab. At some point the subject of her wanting to help Gigi paint comes up, and I give some sort of excuse as to why it's not a good idea today.....maybe when it's warmer outside.  Well, last week during one of our phone chats she excitedly told me about her new work goggles and how she can wear them when she helps Gigi paint the dollhouse.  ok, it was nice outside....and she had goggles.....and she was SO excited....:bouncesmile: so what's a Gigi to do?  I quickly set things up for her visit.  She had a blast!:D:artist:

Miniaturist in training.jpg

Little painter.jpg

• Like 3

When my brother was about 2 or 3 and wanted to help Mom paint the piece of furniture she was refinishing, she would give him a can of "magic paint" (water) and a brush and let him have at it. The water slightly changed the shade of whatever he was "painting", and his attention span wasn't long enough to keep him around until the magic paint dried. Potential disaster avoided! :D 

• Haha 1

Wanted to show off our colouring skills ;) from a picture taken of my garden. Lucky Nanna and Grandad are recipients. 

small.IMG_20210414_074325_compress41.jpg

Tomorrow is Natasha's 10th birthday, so I've been baking and frosting tonight, and am now blowing up big balloons while Daddy Chivs wraps presents while playing DnD/Pathfinder. She's wishing for a dollhouse, one of these, we'll build together and see how it goes. I'm happy she wished for one, 1 so that I can foster her dollhouse bug, and 2 so I can see what the kits are like, seems like fun, everything is included, so a good starting point I think. Not toooo expensive, so if it doesn't work out, that is ok too. Dollhouse is only coming on Sunday, so gotta be patient. 

The kitchen I ordered for the Fairfield says 'arrive by 17th' (but the seller warned me it'd probably be a few more days before I placed the order) and Natasha's birthday is 17th, so all week I've been saying I can't wait for my kitchen and all week Natasha has replied I can't wait for my birthday! I think she's winning tomorrow ;)

Got my appointments for my IV iron in a couple of weeks  a few bags over a few days,so maybe some of this fatigue may go away and I can do more on my houses and I am finally going to get an eye test..so that may meake life easier too as cheap magnifiers are probably not the best way to go.Gee I may be bouncing around like a spring chicken.

Kitchen was dispatched Saturday, but sadly didn't arrive while I was at work today :( The tracking option just says 'we'll update tracking when we've attempted delivery' But if I know it is coming I'll stay in! Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I'll stay in, just in case! 

Trying to find something entertaining/comedic on TV that I don't need to constantly watch, so I can build/resize books/research/paint without missing vital bits. Wouldn't mind a rerun, but most of the stuff I'd want to watch I've already watched over and over again. 

That should give you a nice boost of energy Jeannine! I think the difference of before and after infusion is considerable. Hope it goes smoothly.

I've entered into a real life kitchen reno -- widening doorway between kitchen and dining room to let more light into the kitchen, replaced fridge with a counter-depth model that already makes kitchen feel larger. Have a new stove in the garage, new quartz countertop waiting for a high eat-in counter to be lowered, 10 feet of new storage cabinets going in where the high-rise counter is now, new backsplash tiles. New fridge, stove, and microwave are stainless steel; got a magnetic stainless steel sheet for front of the black dishwasher that won't be replaced. Maple cabinets will not change color. The quartz picks up shades of silver gray and lovely maple-y caramel color. Backsplash tile is Italian terra cotta with multiple patterns, in colors that pick up grays, blue grays, and caramel/terra cotta.

Work is being done by my nephew, who is a contractor. Unfortunately he is squeezing me in between stints at another, larger job, so my patience is being tried, but I'm looking forward to the end result. This would be so much easier in miniature! :D 

• Like 1

Oooh, that is a great thing to look forward to being done Kathie! I'm excited for you. And my mini kitchen has arrived today :banana: so I can send you my surplus patience :D Hoping for pictures when you're ready. 

Oh, Kathie, how exciting, and it sounds gorgeous!  I would send you some patience, but after the bathroom reno we did at our Havana house, the plumbing contractor used up all of mine!

16 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Oh, Kathie, how exciting, and it sounds gorgeous!  I would send you some patience, but after the bathroom reno we did at our Havana house, the plumbing contractor used up all of mine!

Yeah, contractors tend to do that! This is something I've been wanting to do ever since moving in 3-1/2 years ago. A few more months won't be too hard to bear.