• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• havanaholly

• KathieB

• heidiiiii

• Anna

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started laying pavers in our front yard yesterday. My DW doesn't like walking in the grass from the car to the front steps, so we're getting about a dozen pavers that look like cobblestone, each pa

Good morning! Little Jude came ahead of his scheduled c-section date and arrived yesterday! He is so incredibly wonderful, sweet baby slept in peoples arms all day long yesterday.

I am home with a shiny new pacer battery that is supposed to be better than the one I got 7+ years ago.  I asked the doctor about a rechargeable battery and he sent the St Jude tech in to discuss batt

Posted Images

Still working the background. Maybe 1-2 days more left to go. Dinner last night was spaghetti with meat sauce I made, since my mom's arthritis was doing a number on her. Tonight we had pork roast with rice.

I finished the Swedish rug Anna sent me the chart for; starting a different Aubusson.  Supper is chicken thighs in parchment with gingered carrots & beets and succotash.

Mini Aubusson rugs are great fun to stitch, presently I'm working on the flower garlands.  After breakfast we're heading out for flu shots, pneumonia booster and a few groceries.

I took a break from my Pierce over the summer. The other day I finally got uninterrupted time in my room. The first thing I did was clean off my table! Then I critically went over every inch of the house, focusing on first floor, and made a punch list of what needed to be done before I permanently install the 2nd floor. I was dismayed it was so long! A lot of little tasks, but better now when everything is easy to reach rather than after floor is installed. I'm heading up now!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Taking a break from the tapestry as I have to resolve a problem with the borders. Started a new rug. This one will be for a Regency parlor, and I'm using lovely soft mahogany browns, cream, and a light green. It's a Janet Granger pattern I modified from her book, the Italian design. This one should stitch up quick as it is very symmetrical, and it's only a few colors. Dinner last night was roast chicken and rice.

• 2 weeks later...

Making great progress on the rug. Have outlined the design areas, but am already running low on one of the colors. May have to order more floss. Dinner last night was leftover Italian sausage and spaghetti. Dinner tonight should be leftover chicken made into a pot pie.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US friends!  

I have been spending some time working on the Jarrell Manor House tower.  I really should be working on the client's Newport, but I've just kinda lost my mojo on it.  :/   So I thought if I work on a little something of my own I would get the inspiration for the Newport again.

Anyway, the reason I have more time on my hands is because the family and my adorable grandbabies can't visit us right now.  My DH was born with a heart murmur, and 2 weeks ago he went into A-fib.  IV meds corrected it, but his cardiac doc thought it best to just get the valve repaired now while he is "still young and healthy".  He had to stop work immediately, and mid December (16 or 17) he will have the surgery.  He had already scheduled bilateral hip replacement surgeries for January and early March....which he still wants done, but they will just be pushed back a bit.....so it looks like he will be out of work for at least 6 months!  He's into his second week and is bored silly.  He'd better find a quiet hobby soon or I'll start him working on my dollhouses!  LOL

So our Thanksgiving is going to be very quiet.  Hope to Facetime with the babies....  Have a wonderful day everyone!