• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• havanaholly

• KathieB

• heidiiiii

• Anna

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started laying pavers in our front yard yesterday. My DW doesn't like walking in the grass from the car to the front steps, so we're getting about a dozen pavers that look like cobblestone, each pa

Today I am celebrating a bit as I have been offered a new job (still principal but in a different town/municipality) which I have accepted. Same driving distance just the opposite direction, a few per

SHE's HERE!!!      Little Junia Rosalie was born on her daddy's birthday- Friday, June 9 weighing in at 7lbs 15oz and 21.5 inches long!  She's beautiful and we are SO excited for our first gran

Posted Images

Still working the background. Maybe 1-2 days more left to go. Dinner last night was spaghetti with meat sauce I made, since my mom's arthritis was doing a number on her. Tonight we had pork roast with rice.

I finished the Swedish rug Anna sent me the chart for; starting a different Aubusson.  Supper is chicken thighs in parchment with gingered carrots & beets and succotash.

Mini Aubusson rugs are great fun to stitch, presently I'm working on the flower garlands.  After breakfast we're heading out for flu shots, pneumonia booster and a few groceries.

I took a break from my Pierce over the summer. The other day I finally got uninterrupted time in my room. The first thing I did was clean off my table! Then I critically went over every inch of the house, focusing on first floor, and made a punch list of what needed to be done before I permanently install the 2nd floor. I was dismayed it was so long! A lot of little tasks, but better now when everything is easy to reach rather than after floor is installed. I'm heading up now!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Taking a break from the tapestry as I have to resolve a problem with the borders. Started a new rug. This one will be for a Regency parlor, and I'm using lovely soft mahogany browns, cream, and a light green. It's a Janet Granger pattern I modified from her book, the Italian design. This one should stitch up quick as it is very symmetrical, and it's only a few colors. Dinner last night was roast chicken and rice.

• 2 weeks later...

Making great progress on the rug. Have outlined the design areas, but am already running low on one of the colors. May have to order more floss. Dinner last night was leftover Italian sausage and spaghetti. Dinner tonight should be leftover chicken made into a pot pie.