What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I took a break from my Pierce over the summer. The other day I finally got uninterrupted time in my room. The first thing I did was clean off my table! Then I critically went over every inch of the house, focusing on first floor, and made a punch list of what needed to be done before I permanently install the 2nd floor. I was dismayed it was so long! A lot of little tasks, but better now when everything is easy to reach rather than after floor is installed. I'm heading up now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Taking a break from the tapestry as I have to resolve a problem with the borders. Started a new rug. This one will be for a Regency parlor, and I'm using lovely soft mahogany browns, cream, and a light green. It's a Janet Granger pattern I modified from her book, the Italian design. This one should stitch up quick as it is very symmetrical, and it's only a few colors. Dinner last night was roast chicken and rice.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US friends!  

I have been spending some time working on the Jarrell Manor House tower.  I really should be working on the client's Newport, but I've just kinda lost my mojo on it.  :/   So I thought if I work on a little something of my own I would get the inspiration for the Newport again.

Anyway, the reason I have more time on my hands is because the family and my adorable grandbabies can't visit us right now.  My DH was born with a heart murmur, and 2 weeks ago he went into A-fib.  IV meds corrected it, but his cardiac doc thought it best to just get the valve repaired now while he is "still young and healthy".  He had to stop work immediately, and mid December (16 or 17) he will have the surgery.  He had already scheduled bilateral hip replacement surgeries for January and early March....which he still wants done, but they will just be pushed back a bit.....so it looks like he will be out of work for at least 6 months!  He's into his second week and is bored silly.  He'd better find a quiet hobby soon or I'll start him working on my dollhouses!  LOL

So our Thanksgiving is going to be very quiet.  Hope to Facetime with the babies....  Have a wonderful day everyone!