What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Finished with the color I was using last night. I'm almost two-thirds done, I think. Yay for me. I keep chugging along, nice steady pace, which helps me complete all these projects. I think I'll do a mini pillow of daffodils next. Star Trek was entertaining tonight, a personal favorite episode from the first season was on; Kirk has to face down a Godzilla-like creature. The costume is so fake, but I just love that one. Dinner was my leftover meat sauce and spaghetti, and just as tasty as it was earlier in the week. Thunder is rumbling in the distance, so we may have some overnight storms. Tomorrow I may go to the dollar store.

I started another carpet that called for two shades of brown, so I'm using up the floss left over from my Smithsonian castle picture, two shades of blue, gold and white.  For supper I cooked shrimp in olive oil and garlic and tossed it with angel hair pasta.  I peeled and diced my other roasted beet and tossed that with raw broccoli florets for a salad, and dressed that with a chipotle dressing.  It was both pretty to look at and yummy to eat.

• Like 1

Chose another color to work with tonight, I finished with the color I started the night with and began another. Dinner was a tasty homemade chicken pot pie with leftover roast chicken, nice plump corn, peas, diced carrot and green beans with a yummy gravy. Tomorrow hopefully dad will barbecue some steak to go with baked potato and corn on the cob and green veggies. Found what I was looking for at the dollar store, so that was nice. Got my last package from the online mini show; I bought a few things from one seller: some moire fabric (minigraphics), some silk gauze for stitching, a little floral rug kit, a little side table kit, a potted fern kit, and got some extras from her, to boot! I also ordered some more stretcher bars from ebay so I can get back into rug stitching. I had ordered something from China which finally came, but it was damaged, so I contacted the seller who asked for pictures. They seem to genuinely want to correct the problem, so hopefully they'll ship another, but better packaged so it arrives safely.

I think sometimes I just breathe funny, and it goes out of whack. Any way, when pain is bad, out comes the cold pack. But I find a real deep massage and thorough rubbing of bengay usually help it heal quicker. So, it's slightly better tonight. I did finish with the color I left off with last night in my stitching. Dinner was a pasta experiment that will go better in the future if I decide to make it again. Tonight we plan to have turkey chili, bread and butter and salad.

Started and finished a color tonight, a very pretty shade of blue. I think I'm down to 6 or 7 colors left. All with chunks of stitches, so I might have a week's worth of stitching left. Dinner was a turkey sandwich. Tomorrow night I'm planning on leftover burgers for dinner. Sunday hopefully Dad will bbq again, maybe chicken.

We went out for Vietnamese week before last and the hubs fell in love with their rice vermicelli, so one of our grocery stops was the big Vietnamese grocery store where I picked up two nice size bags of rice vermicelli.  Last night I cooked shrimp seasoning veggies and shredded carrots in butter & olive oil and served it over the vermicelli.  The bag said there were three servings; I used half and it made 'way more than three servings for us!

Finished the green and almost finished the gray I started after. Reluctant to stitch one of the shades of blue, because I think I'll run out of it, so I'm waiting on some floss I ordered to replace it before I work with it. Dinner was very tasty, barbecued chicken, and tomorrow we'll either be having spaghetti or stew.

Finished the green, started the blue, but had to stop when I ran out of it. Waiting for an order to come that has replacement for that color. Started the purple gray, but stopped early because my eyes felt tired. This color should keep me occupied for a few days, as there are some major chunks of it to stitch. But I estimate I'm almost 3/4 done with this one, and I am so ready to move on to a new project. Chili for dinner, very tasty. Not sure what tomorrow's menu is, maybe some takeout?

I'm filling in the main background color on the Khotan carpet.  I want to stitch a Stickley carpet next.  Supper was a chicken pie.  Since it's just the hubs & I and I didn't want leftovers I used a can of crescent roll dough for the crust.