What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

• 2 months later...

while so many of us have been at a "shelter in place" I finally had the courage and time to work on this kit from Houseworks....the lingerie drawers... I do need to make some adjustments as the drawers don't open correctly.  I believe a little sanding will fix that issue.

IMG_0711.jpeg.7a8520b3e23eebd8850275c12114e11e.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 6:39 AM, Medieval said:

I think I found the weight you lost.  lol

10 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Me too!

I saw an editorial cartoon of a couple and the wife was wearing a face mask; the husband asked her why she wore it in their house and she said it was to stop her stress eating.

• Haha 1

Hmmm...my problem was I started baking pies and cookies in my extra time. I've since stopped but pounds don't take encouragement to cluster...I guess fat hasn't heard of social distancing cause it's all packing in on undesired areas...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

Hmmm...my problem was I started baking pies and cookies in my extra time

I joined a Czech cooking group on Facebook and started recreating recipes from my childhood. I've not gained any weight, but I've not lost any, either!

Finished stitching the set of dining chair covers from the book I was working on, so they're ready for when I assemble the chair kits for them. They look great; they're a yellow rose surrounded by light and dark blue alternating stripes. Once I get a new camera I'll have plenty to add to my album. I also finished the two chair pillows (greek wreath pattern in blues and cream) for a hardback pair of chairs to go with a parlor settee kit I got from HBS. Waiting on fabric for that before I assemble it. Planning to reupholster a Victorian parlor sofa and chairs, waiting for that fabric too. Hoping to start a bolster cushion in the next few days before I move on to some rug projects. Also working on life-size embroidery, a pair of flower pictures of pansies and clematis in beautiful soft colors. After that, I plan to work on a life-size cross stitch picture of a pair of robins sitting on some snowy holly branches. Need to buy some more stretcher bars for my stitching. Also, I got some news. I enter contests in tabloids, and I found out I won a lovely bouquet from Teleflora, which is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thanks Holly. I decided to make a small but elegant dining set with these paired together: https://www.miniatures.com/Monticello-Drop-Leaf-Table-P22465.aspx and these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kit-Chippendale-Side-Chair-wooden-furniture-Houseworks-13007-1-12-scale/191123033470?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372. Planning to stitch this kit for the room's rug: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/dollhouse-miniature-needlepoint-area-463893392. Also planning on using a HOM grandfather clock and queen anne table in the room as well.

Was at the doctor again today, for monitoring my condition. I'm not in any danger, healthwise, she just likes to keep an eye on things. As usual, they weighed me, and ha! Lost another few pounds. Go me! I swear that MCT oil is magic stuff. I'm convinced it's helping me lose weight. Still busy as a bee with my minis, and keeping myself entertained with my daily newspaper puzzles (they added extra ones since the virus took off). My library has also fulfilled my requests, so I have new books to read too. The bouquet came and it's gorgeous! The only difference is my local florist used slightly different greenery, but it's lovely all the same. https://www.teleflora.com/flower-arrangement/queens-court-by-teleflora?prodID=P_T63-1A&skuId=T63-1A&zipMin=

• Like 3

I wasn't quite sure where to put this post, so I picked this thread. Apologies if it isn't right. I have been working flat out since February; I work in an essential business that isn't connected to healthcare, so let's just say people can be real jerks sometime and leave it there. I can't go to my local salon since they are all closed, so I have started my nails myself again. I stopped a few years ago due top my MS stealing most of the feeling in my left hand. Anyway, I bought the tool referenced below to help me, and when it came yesterday all I can think of is how perfect it would be for minis!  It has a wonderful grip/feel to the pen and there are loads of different bits available. I have a Dremel Micro which I love, but I have a feeling I will be buying another one of these for minis...if I ever get 10 minutes to myself again:wacko:

MelodySusie Professional Rechargeable 30000 rpm Nail Drill, 

• Like 1

It sure does, Holly! I think it has over 50 roses, and some are mini-sized. Love all the shades of pink. I keep giving the floral foam sips of water every other day, and they open a little more every day. I was very happy I only had to pay an $8 delivery fee.

Got to the supermarket at the 6AM seniors' shopping hour this morning, as I hate the idea of going in later and standing in line outside till they let me in, and I managed to get my hands on a 5lb bag of flour! Sometimes being 68 can be an advantage.

• Like 2

Good score! I got paper towels at Costco and thought I had found gold. Now I am wishing it would get hot here and drive me indoors. This obsession with my yard is interfering with my minis. It was nice to cut down an old prickly bush without breaking a sweat today though!

• Like 1

As president of our HOA, I'm trying to move the board toward consensus on how to open our swimming pool for the season. Opinions range from posting signs saying the association is not responsible and expecting users to adhere voluntarily to prudent practices and sanitization to not opening at all and refunding money not spent on pool and clubhouse operations to the home owners at the end of the year. Waiting to hear from our attorney as to the scope of our authority and liability. 

Another day another prickly bush gone! I have about had it with the yard. There is always more to do but time to move indoors and see what assignments the cats have waiting for me then on to miniland!

its not for everyone, I understand that....diners were kept at alternating tables, servers wore masks - all the kitchen staff had masks....thankfully the County I live in has had very few cases in comparison to Northern California or Los Angeles.....hand sanitizer was at the entrance and no waiting inside for a table.

I look forward to the day that most everyone can enjoy what I did today....

• Like 1

Today, I ventured out to TJMaxx and HomeGoods. You’d think it was the holiday season. I don’t think I would have done this in my home county nor could I because it’s still shutdown. But in Vero there have only been a handful of cases so they are testing the waters. For the most part people where keeping their distance. It felt good to browse again.