What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I got the quilting stand finished, the quilt basted and on it. Not my greatest work of art, but the grandson and I had fun working on it. I even made a tiny threaded needle to stick in the quilt.

Now I think I will get the Chrysnbon dining set out and start gluing it together!

I got the quilting stand finished, the quilt basted and on it. Not my greatest work of art, but the grandson and I had fun working on it. I even made a tiny threaded needle to stick in the quilt.

Now I think I will get the Chrysnbon dining set out and start gluing it together!

Good for you! Most importantly, glad you and your grandson had fun doing it :blink: .

It's together! I took a picture of him finishing the last drawer, and a picture of the completed workbench! Now I get to finish taking my workshop apart & putting it back together again, tomorrow. It's beautiful! And all the stuff is back in the workroom, just that it's everywhere!

It's together! I took a picture of him finishing the last drawer, and a picture of the completed workbench! Now I get to finish taking my workshop apart & putting it back together again, tomorrow. It's beautiful! And all the stuff is back in the workroom, just that it's everywhere!

Congratulations on your new workspace Holly! I'm sure that you will be spending many wonderful hours there once things are put back in place. And good job to DH, also!

Well at least I have plenty to do this week!lol Tomorrow if it doesn't rain I want to take the furniture I mentioned above to DS and stop at Lowe's on the way to pick up a piece of drywall and I'll take rags & my handy putty knife and spackle can and we can begin to repair DS's house! I had thought of taking pictures of the way the jerk wrecked "his" room, but it'd be a waste of film, since we'll never recover any costs from him; but getting rid of him was worth it.

Muriel,

Says it only plays for those in the UK.

I watched both parts of Wuthering Heights on PBS last night. Oh poor Heathcliff and Cathy. So much anguish and passion...ahh. Going to have to dig the book out and read it again.

Me thinks Natalie has pink eye. Keeping her home and will call dr office at 9am to get her in to be seen. She looked relieved. LOL Her eye looks like she lost a fight. No *raccoon* eye makeup for a couple days on her..LOL

She is such a teenager. Sometimes I just want to throttle her. Just once really really good especially when she is being her nasty hormonal self. She does not take after me at all. She is a witchy PMS queen.

We have finally figured out how to get her to pick her grades up and it is blackmail. She will be 15 this year and she wants her driver`s permit. We told her that if she wants it she only has to do one thing. Never have a F or D on her report card at all..ever. Not even a mid-semester progress report should have one. Even if she is able to fix it. Nope. If there is either one of those at all, no driver`s license. She was not happy. I guess I did throttle her. :blink: Metephorically. Taking away the cell phone, computer, and tv have not done it. But the idea that she will have to wait until she is 18 yrs old to get her license, that did it. She also has to keep the grades up. If she gets one D or F..pfffft..gone is the privelege. I seem happy about this. I have figured out a daunting yearly problem in an instant. Will let you know how it goes.

Fish in tank are doing great. I think the switch in type of food was the ticket. MF is happy. He has something to watch in the morning.

I did not get nearly as much done on the Arthur yesterday as I had hoped. I was wiped out from Saturday and it hit me on Sunday. But I feel better today. I shrunk the R for the window and I want to work on that this morning. The porch painting is done though. So I can move onto wallpapering some of the walls before I put the roof on.

This Thursday Fred will be 43 years old. I am going to make his cake. He wants the same as I had...Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting. I have to make sure I have enough red food coloring. I know I have the cocoa.

Since we are going all out for Super Bowl Sunday, we are going to have a nice dinner at home for his day. Let him be lazy.

Give him total control of the remote..LOL

Had another watch, £2500 for empty house, £3500-4000 with contents. If you want some more pics send me a pm with your email address.

Sounds like a good solution Heidi, certainly an incentive for Nat to do better in her school work.

It is our 6 year anniversary tonight, so we're treating ourselves to Chinese takeout. Going to a restaurant we'd spend about twice as much, and this way we get to keep the plastic containers. We always seemed to be breeding them, but for some reason all ours have disappeared over the last few months! Obviously not had enough takeaways :blink: They're useful for leftovers, lunches and little dollhouse bits. Also means we can be comfy at home once i've driven out to get the food, and can have some wine without thinking about needing to drive home.

Should be doing study work, but not really in the mood! (when will i ever be??) Might have a bath with a book. Oh booo, I saw some good books at the charity shop, went out to get some money from the cash point (atm) and then forgot and got groceries. Hmmm, do I go out again and get them? It is only about 3 mins walk.

this way we get to keep the plastic containers. We always seemed to be breeding them, but for some reason all ours have disappeared over the last few months!

I save them too! Especially the tall round containers with lids that they put the soup in.

I know I should be doing something productive today....but I'm going to make this a mini day!

After I shovel the snow off the driveway of course!

Heidi, the red velvet cake sounds soooo wonderful.

Heidi, the red velvet cake sounds soooo wonderful.

It is surprisingly easy to make also. I do have to go out and buy the cream cheese and red food coloring. I do not have enough. You basically almost have to use a whole tube of red to get the color just right.

I also have to make a mini vegan cake for Chelsea. I have a very small cake pan that makes an individual size cake. She got gypped on my birthday..no cake for you! LOL

I know I should be doing something productive today....but I'm going to make this a mini day!

Pray tell, what is more productive than a successful mini day???

Today I got Lloyd up earlier than he would have liked (9 am isn't exactly crack o' dawn) for a good breakfast. We'll be off to the radiation treatment in a few minutes and a stop at the grocery store for ingredients for the thank-you cupcakes, then I need to file a whole pile of bills, some of which are tax related. After that -- downstairs to mini! I haven't touched the White Orchid for weeks, and it is not waiting patiently. :blink:

There is a winter storm advisory in effect from 3 pm today to noon tomorrow, but it appears we're at the far north edge with most of the nastiness south of us. That means Nutti will probably be shoveling, but we may dodge the bullet.

I have started straightening up the workroom to welcome Humphrey (my gorgeous new oak workbench!) and I pooped myself out yesterday worse than I thought I did. I was setting up my mini table saw and had to notice the instruction about not using it with a pacemaker! So now I have to remember to ask my cardiologist about it before I play with my power tools again! Fortunately it's not too much longer until I go back.

Holly, that's a real bummer!

We're back from the treatment and grocery, where I found some heart-shaped silicone baking cups. No need to stuff marbles in the round ones. Now I need to do another test batch of cupcakes to see how they work. They don't use paper cups inside, just say to spray with no-stick spray. If the cakes don't fall out, it could be a challenge!.

That sounds neat Kathie but perhaps you could use the paper cups within these forms anyhow???

Hugs

That's going to be part of the test batch experiment! If I can't cram the paper cups into the silicone for baking, I plan to put each cake into one of them for presentation.

The batter filled 12 hearts and 6 round cupcakes. They're in the oven now. I made up the orange batter for this test, the one that will go to the staff, since this is a recipe new to me. The lick-the-bowl test turned out satisfactorily. :)