What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Anna, you be extra careful riding your bike in snow!

I have gotten a start on the Travel Trailer floor, hopefully tomorrow I can get my interior walls cut out and I can mark the walls for where I need to cut away the trim. I have the bedroom carpeted and "linoleum" on the rest of the floor.

At the doctor's office I stitched on the 1:24 scale rug and tonight I'll work on Baby Boy's sampler. Peggi, I'm using the motif of the brown bear in the vest & glasses reading a story to the little gray bear that you copied for me.

You both will be in my Prayers.

Thank you, Val. You know, I was always told that God never gives you a load heavier than you can carry. And I really believe that. But sometimes, I think he wants to build up my muscles a little bit!

Anna, tomorrow might be a good day to leave the bike at home and hike to school. You can't build houses with a broken arm!

Let's see, I shoveled the deck, made another batch of doggie cookies, shoveled the deck again, browsed my cookbook and planned another Chinese dinner, shoveled the deck again, dashed about getting Doug ready to go off to help our game warden friend with his computer (Doug used to teach computer at the Senior Center in Missoula) worked on a couple of mini things, then cooked a big Chinese dinner and now I'm here on line, contemplating whether I should shovel the deck one more time tonight...nah, I'm gonna take a hot shower and go to bed!

Actually you CAN, with a lot of care & some good pain meds. G'head & ask...

Hmmmm, well....

I promise I will take care, they have allready been out working on the roads, but it is a bit slippery underneath as the ground was frozen when it started snowing, and I also have snowtyres on the bike, with "spikes" hehe :p love that grip

Hugs

I nearly forgot that Monday DH & I got to be good deed doers! We went for our walk and on the way home we met two really sweet dogs, a huge black lab and an adorable little beagle (there are no more adorable dogs than beagles, y'all know my obsession!), and they wagged all of=ver and let us pet & play with them & we realized they looked just like the two dogs in one of the two "Missing Dog" posters on the "stop" sign at the end of our road. So DH took the car & the cell phone & drove up to the end to check and then he called the phone # to tell the dogs' owner where they were, and came home to take them a bowl of water and met the owner on her way to collect her puppies.

We're supposed to have rain & thunderstorms coming through in a few hours, so "Arthur" & I are headed back to bed to grab a few more zzzzzs before the percussion section starts tuning up.

I think I will keep Nat home today from school. I have a feeling I do not want to try to pry open the car door this morning. hehehe I wish the batteries on my camera were juiced up.

Everything is covered in ice. The trees, bushes, ground, porch, everything.

Gina, what chinese food did you make? I have a recipe for General Tso`s that I can share with you if you would like. It is for Tofu but you can adjust it for chicken. It is really good! I will dig it out and post.

I ordered doors and crystal knobs for the Pomeroy yesterday (my birthday pressie). I also put the windows on my wish list. The windows I want are going to cost me almost $70 so that will have to wait until I get paid next week...That is my present to myself! LOL

I think I am going to pull out the skinny sticks today and work do the flooring in the MHM bedroom. I re-arranged alot of the furniture and Deb`s bed looks wonderful in the Madam`s bedroom. I am either going to do that or work on the ornaments and tree skirt for the beaded tree. Maybe I will do that instead. Nice day to sit and bead.

You be careful Anna!

Well, being from New Brunswick and near the Bay of Fundy, school has been cancelled. To me this means a day off, YeS! Why you ask? I drive a school bus, so this is a paid day off for me. I love snow days. The thing is it hasn't started snowing yet! In antisipation of the two day snow/freezing rain/rain/snow, we are cancelled. The warnings are far too strong.

So, after rushing around the house getting things done I suspect I'll be up in my craft room putering with my school bus dollhouse. I am quite pleased with the outcome of the DragonFly Diner that will be "opening soon". My 18 year old son has even donated two of his old fashioned cars, that appear to be in good scale, for the parking lot that will materialize in a day or two...........

Hi, Karin, I must have missed your introduction in the Newcomer;s forum, so belated welcome. I LOVE your part of Canada, but I don't love any part of the North, even the US, in the Winter time. We spent a little over a month in Quebec & New Brunswick the first summer after we retired. Your tidal changes are the most awesome I have evr seen, and the people are so incredibly friendly! We hope to come back, some day. Now that you've made five posts you can share pictures of your diner with us.

I've got to spend some time in the downstairs workshop today to sand the edges of the wheelwell covers even with the edges of the floor so the back & curbside walls will fit properly, and to dig out a piece of 1/8" plywood the right size to make interior dividing walls. I "carpeted" the bedroom with another piece of red velour Old Navy sweatshirt and the rest of the floor is "linoleum". I'll have to find a new camera to take some more pictures.

General Tso`s Chicken. ( I make this also with tofu..using 1 box of firm tofu and egg replacer instead of egg and chicken)

1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken cut into strips or bite sized chunks

1 egg

3/4 cup of cornstarch

vegetable oil for frying

3 chopped green onions

1 tab of minced garlic

1 tab of minced ginger (I sometimes substitute with powdered ginger..1 tsp)

2/3 cup of veg or chicken stock

2 tabs of soy sauce

4 tabs of sugar

red pepper flakes to taste

1 tab of sherry (optional)

1 tab of white vinegar

Steamed broccoli and steamed carrot sticks

Dip chicken in egg and coat completely. Coat chicken with cornstarch and set aside on plate or food rack. The longer you let it set, the better the cornstarch will stick.

Heat oil in pan and cook chicken pieces until they are golden brown. Drain chicken and set aside.

Heat 3 tbs of veg oil in pan on medium heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn garlic. Add veg or chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper, and vinegar. Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Mix 2 tabs of water with 1 tab of cornstarch in seperate container. Pour into mixture in pan and stir well. Cook this sauce on medium heat until it thickens.

Put Fried chicken into sauce in pan to coat it well.

Serve immediately with steamed broccoli and carrots over your choice of rice. Enjoy!

Serves 4.

Back home again, and it is cooooold (not that many degrees below freezing temp but...) the kind of cold that goes through the bone marrow, bleeeech! The roads are pretty icey and I think one could almost (OK I am exagerating just a tad LOL) have used thse skates back and forth to work :doh: and now I need to go and stock up on some groceries, :p darn that fridge it is empty after the holidays and weekends...

Oh well, not that far to drive but it will be like having an egg between the foot and pedals!

Hugs

It's warm-ish but blustery as a cold front tries to move in and drop our temps from the high 70s to the mid 60s; but good to see the sun again & we can go for a walk this afternoon. (There's still a poster up for a missing black & white dog, but we haven't seen it on our road yet.)

Since the last storm ate some of our outlets we are using the workshop power strip in the house upstairs, so no poser tools until our next trip for errands. I found my big piece of foamcore I bought a while ago, though, and have begun marking my interior Travel Trailer walls on it.

It's warm here again today! So i am hot never know how to dress around here anymore! I am also waiting for the UPS man STILL! He came yest while I was upstairs creating my paper clay mess and didn't leave my house since I wasn't here to sign. He left a note saying to sign it and leave it on the door and he would come back today. I am waiting and waiting!! I saw a truck across the street and down a bit. i almost ran down there but the poor driver when of thought I was insane!

Yay, finally got all the work done I need to do for tomorrow's study day with fellow pre-reg pharmacists, and got all the photocopying done too.

Just time for me to try and glue some stairs together, and then off to bed as I have to get up early to drive the two hours to study day. On the news this morning they said it'd be foggy overnight and icy... so will leave longer for the driving. At least with everything prepared and packed, I should be ready quickly in the morning.

We were going to have a weekend in this weekend, but my sister just told me that the dollhouse shop in her town is shutting and a lot of stuff is half price. How can I resist that?? But it has been an expensive month already, so can't really afford it either :) Will have to discuss things with my bank balance and see what the outcome is.

Let's see, so far I've found most of my office and fixed the darn shredder, but now I have to vaccum up all the lil bits that are everywhere :) . Laundry is going, and have dug out the tote so I can file 2008 misc paperwork that DOESN'T go to the taxman...his stuff is in a different pile. Weather here is just....poopy.....switching between rain and sleet, so driving is fantabulous from what I hear....unless there is a dire emergency, I ain't goin' near my car!!!! Gonna go pretend to clean upstairs in a bit...maybe I'll wander into a Clean House marathon and Niecy and crew will kick my tookus into moving!

Finally the UPS guy came! My 17 year old was coming in the house when he showed up so all of a sudden I heard the truck and came running and almost knocked her over! She kept telling me how "hot" the UPS guy looked and I didn't even care I just wanted my dollhouse. She found this to be very strange! But hey I'm an old married woman and I know looks fade but dollhouses are forever!! :)

My absolute favorite Chinese food-thanks!

General Tso`s Chicken. ( I make this also with tofu..using 1 box of firm tofu and egg replacer instead of egg and chicken)

1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken cut into strips or bite sized chunks

1 egg

3/4 cup of cornstarch

vegetable oil for frying

3 chopped green onions

1 tab of minced garlic

1 tab of minced ginger (I sometimes substitute with powdered ginger..1 tsp)

2/3 cup of veg or chicken stock

2 tabs of soy sauce

4 tabs of sugar

red pepper flakes to taste

1 tab of sherry (optional)

1 tab of white vinegar

Steamed broccoli and steamed carrot sticks

Dip chicken in egg and coat completely. Coat chicken with cornstarch and set aside on plate or food rack. The longer you let it set, the better the cornstarch will stick.

Heat oil in pan and cook chicken pieces until they are golden brown. Drain chicken and set aside.

Heat 3 tbs of veg oil in pan on medium heat. Add green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn garlic. Add veg or chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper, and vinegar. Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Mix 2 tabs of water with 1 tab of cornstarch in seperate container. Pour into mixture in pan and stir well. Cook this sauce on medium heat until it thickens.

Put Fried chicken into sauce in pan to coat it well.

Serve immediately with steamed broccoli and carrots over your choice of rice. Enjoy!

Serves 4.

After the kids went to school, I worked on my glencroft-bash. Today I spackled the walls, again, then sanded them and added the first coat of paint to make sure that I like the colours. Almost decided on the fabric for each room, too. Also painted my paperclay fireplace. DH thinks it turned out fine, I think it could have been better but it will be fine for the house.

Also did some more beading for the tree - finished layer 5.

Ignored the laundry all day, but started to take down some Christmas decorations. Also spent some time with our blue budgie, Sammy.

Kids came home and the boys shovelled the driveway - we got 15 cm (6") of snow today, with another 5-10 cm expected tonight.

DH made supper, then I showed him the work I had done today. Now just vegging out.

I got to sleep in this morning. Fred took Nat to school. I feel like half my day is gone away..LOL I have no idea what I am going to do today. I have to go to the Post office to mail a package (snow and ice prevented from doing it before), go to the bank, and figure out what is for dinner tonite.

I found out what was stinking up our neighborhood. Horses! First it was a deer now it is horses. This woman lives two streets over and she rescued two Mustangs and have them penned in her yard. Tall fence, 24x24 foot yard with a pen. Not enough room. She is asking for a permit. The city has nothing in their rules that says you cannot have horses..LOL You cannot have pigs, poisonous snakes or spiders, chickens,or ducks. You cannot have more then 3 household pets. Rut Roh! I have four. And they consider tropical fish household pets...so if you have like 10 fish..do they make you get rid of 7? LOL

Anyway, something stinks and now I know it is manure. Your brain does not comprehend that it is the smell you are smelling cause you would not smell horse manure in the city. We will see what happens with this one.

You would laugh..I would be outside going..WT* is that smell??? And Fred would come out and say the same thing. We thought there might be a problem with the sewer lines. ROFL nope not the sewer.

You should live downwind of a cattle feed lot! We're in town, but when the wind's out of that direction....wow!

I got to talk to my son on Skype last night. That program is great! He's in Iraq now, but not to his final destination. But at least I can see him and know he's ok!