What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

- Organizing 101 -

We have 2 dogs & we buy their canned food in 12 cans/carton -

so that's what I'm using to sort/store all my hand tools until I build some kind of adjustable shelf/drawer system.

I also have several scrap wood containers & partial project containers to go thru.

I'm making a small dent.

Itching to start building again...

6 hours ago, grazhina said:

You can tell the weather is changing even without stepping outside. Now that it's fall, the lock on our master bedroom door is working again. During the summer you only need to push the door open gently even if it's locked. The  door to the spare room is staying open. During summer you have to push it all the way open to the wall or it'll swing shut. The door to the laundry room, however, is locking itself. We have no idea why the builder put a locking knob on the laundry room. I have to keep a little thingy by the door to pick the lock open every time it locks itself for no reason.

Does anyone else wear 3 different sizes of shoes? I've been wearing 9 & 91/2 for the last few years, and I get days when either size fits really well or they both feel uncomfortable. It's not that my feet swell a lot, even my doctor said they don't. It must have something to do with the fact that my feet have always been sensitive and the older I get, the more sensitive they get, I guess. Anyway, I went shoe shopping and found myself 2 pair of comfortable size 10's. Funny thing, some of the other size 10's I tried on felt just like my 9's. 

We decided we might as well buy a new range rather than fix the one we have, especially since one of the electronic igniters has been malfunctioning now and then and that would mean another repair in addition to replacing the control panel.  The other night DH came up to bed and said the refrigerator was making a whistling noise.

We have a couple of doors like that too.  And all our doors - if you lock them & forget to unlock them when you go out - guess what? You're locked out!

The shoes?? :dunno:

Yeah, our toaster oven blew its elements the other day & I don't think they're replaceable - they have to be welded. Also we want a gas stove instead of the electric one.

- Organizing 101 -

We have 2 dogs & we buy their canned food in 12 cans/carton -

so that's what I'm using to sort/store all my hand tools until I build some kind of adjustable shelf/drawer system.

I also have several scrap wood containers & partial project containers to go thru.

I'm making a small dent.

Itching to start building again...

I miss my gas stove...  We found the a/c (with heat) unit for the workshop, the man is coming to install it Wednesday (ten years ago DH & I could have done it ourselves). 

Monday we're test-driving pulling The Littler House on the Highway with our Explorer, to see if it will do it, and spend next week at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL.

• Like 1

Grazhina, I totally understand your issues with shoes. I think it's the shoe designers myself.  One brand's size 9 is another one's 10. It's very frustrating to have to try on so many pairs to find one that fits and is comfortable.  Then I have issues with the style, no more pumps because of my MS, ditto with anything too heavy, and I'd like not to have it look like a mortgage payment when the cashier gives me my total:cry:

Edited by chapchap73
punctuation

I discovered the European sizing system with my first pair of Birkies (Birkenstocks) and I haven't worn any shoes with "heels" since Nursing School, and because of my outdoor interests almost all my shoes are either hiking or kayaking footwear.

Checking the list, almost Done, so now a few hours just puttering about sitting looking at the lighthouse and fiddling with this that or whatever prior to fetching MIL and head for the airport. Then we will arrive in Birmingham late afternoon checking in at the Hilton and enjoy their "pamper yourself" features...

so, won't be around here over the weekend 

hugs

My niece is moving in. I have  been rearranging furniture and cleaning. This weekend, I hope to get the garage where I work on my houses, cleaned out and re arranged too. My brother has some things stored there that needs out. I did get some san fran 555  work done. Mainly trim and small tweaks. I am finding out the mistakes I made and having to adjust for them.  I am like..ohh! That is why this is that way!  lol  Great leaning process. 

We are back home after a fabulous weekend in Birmingham visiting the Miniatura show. Found lots of "must haves" and needed goodies.,will write more about it as well as share a few pics later on. Right now pouring over the items while uppackning and sharing with Hubby and it is too dark to get good pics of those anyway.

hugs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna said:

We are back home after a fabulous weekend in Birmingham visiting the Miniatura show. Found lots of "must haves" and needed goodies.,will write more about it as well as share a few pics later on. Right now pouring over the items while uppackning and sharing with Hubby and it is too dark to get good pics of those anyway.

hugs

So which show did you like more; Kensington or Birmingham?  

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Gayle said:

Do you have a link to this pattern?

Do a google image search for millefiori template. It is just a bunch of hexies, diamonds and triangles.

The pattern is from the book Millefiori Quilts by Willyne Hammerstein; I don't have the book, but I looked at other folks' millefiori quilts online and figured out the pattern.

Sorry I have been absent for so long!  At this stage of my life I thought I would be slowing down, but instead I seem to be speeding up!  The hectic County & State Fair season is over!  That was 2 1/2 months of hectic work hours and many hotel stays. In July I had a table as a Dealer at the NAME Seattle Convention, and a couple weeks ago at the Portland Miniature Show. Lots of work, and lots of fun!

Now I am preparing for DS and his family (4) to arrive on Thursday. So all craft and inventory has to be stashed in my workshop, or the attic, or somewhere, to make room for more beds. Excited about two more granddaughters visiting for awhile. :) 

If I ever get another house - IT WILL HAVE A BASEMENT! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I have missed you!  but do I ever know what you mean.  DH & I neither one of us ever had to keep a calendar when we were working, but do we ever use one since we retired!

Missed you, too, Holly!  I'm coming into the slack season for my job, so hopefully I can get back to my minis, and my many mini friends. :) 

22 hours ago, rbytsdy said:

Do a google image search for millefiori template. It is just a bunch of hexies, diamonds and triangles.

The pattern is from the book Millefiori Quilts by Willyne Hammerstein; I don't have the book, but I looked at other folks' millefiori quilts online and figured out the pattern.

Thanks for the info.  I did do a google search when you first posted the rosette but couldn't find it.  Now that you've given me the name, I should be able to find it.  The pattern is enchanting.

1 hour ago, Gayle said:

Thanks for the info.  I did do a google search when you first posted the rosette but couldn't find it.  Now that you've given me the name, I should be able to find it.  The pattern is enchanting.

Isn't it! It's all up to the maker, what fabrics to use where. There are some beautious layouts online-- lovely Liberty lawns and perfect fussy-cuts-- mine is just made up of whatever scraps I have on hand. :p

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016‎ ‎7‎:‎35‎:‎37‎, rbytsdy said:

Isn't it! It's all up to the maker, what fabrics to use where. There are some beautious layouts online-- lovely Liberty lawns and perfect fussy-cuts-- mine is just made up of whatever scraps I have on hand. :p

Ah, but you put them together so beautifully!  Gayle, they remind me just a tad of the folded point quilts some of the old ladies in Union County, SC, used to make.

• Like 1

Cleaning up after the plumber & wall man (new bathtub & $urround, repairing a drip that we've fought with since buying this house), resting before tackling the rest of their route (our bedroom & the hall).  PTL, wall mud cleans up as easily as spackling compound; I'm just trying to figure why I was finding globs of dried mud across the room!

I was sick of trying to keep up with brunette hair and constant grey/gray roots. So yesterday I began the grey/gray hair transition journey. Six hours at the hair salon with hundreds of foils wrapped around half of my hair strands later, I am a warm blonde with silver tones. In 6 weeks they do the whole process again and then I just let the grey/gray grow out.  "What a drag it is getting old"

• Like 2