What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

DH & I loved the Natchez Trace, but by the time we got to Jackson, MS, we were sick & tired of the rain & not being able to camp, so decided to heck with it and got off on US49 south and had a very late lunch in Richland, just outside of Jackson, and then drove down to Gulfport and spent the night, coming home on US90.  I have the third load of laundry in the washing machine and we decided not to unload the camping gear until tomorrow.

Canada is closed tonight. I've been watching the last concert of the Tragically Hip, one of Canada's most iconic bands. Most of Canada watched along with me. Thanks Gord Downie, your music will be your legacy. Thanks to that, you will live forever.

Roof time! Its glued and ready for some decorating. Did a dry fit. Not a perfect square fit. Figure I can add bits to hide some small gaps.

I did remove the flooring on second floor. Had peel and stick tile but the look was not right. Think I am going to hardwood floor it too.  Since I am out of floor strips, I am gong to try either popsicle or coffee stir sticks. Least that is the plan. ;)

It's been 16 days since I ordered my Beacon Hill from Overstock at ebay, at friday it was finally in Finland but still in a wrong city and I'm anxiously waiting if I'm getting the "pick this item from post at tomorrow" -paper finally when monday arrives or am I going to have to still wait for some days.... I already have almost everything I need to built it, from sandpaper, breathing mask, paint, different glues and tapes, wallpapering paste etc.... I might have to order some more wallpaper if I'm not going to just print some. But I'm waiting.... (I don't have a dollhouse whatsoever in my house at the moment, just boxes full of furniture, lights etc. and I feel I have nothing to do now.)

Sanna, you could start stitching rugs.

Unfortunately I am finishing up the last of the dirty laundry from our road trip and cleaning house.  The DVD control has died, so couldn't watch any of the new-to-us movies we picked up along the way.  We put brand new batteries in it, even cleaned the contacts with a bit of baking soda, but nada.

11 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Sanna, you could start stitching rugs.

Hehe, maybe but I think 'm better at crocheting so maybe I*ll crochet a blanket or tablecloth or something else tiny....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

The DVD control has died, so couldn't watch any of the new-to-us movies we picked up along the way.  We put brand new batteries in it, even cleaned the contacts with a bit of baking soda, but nada.

Are there no manual controls on the DVD player? We can operate ours with the remote or by pushing buttons.

There is on-off and open & close on the machine itself, but if I want to watch only part of a DVD, or slow or speed up or anything beyond all or nothing, it has to be by remote.  We got the unit because we could play both DVDs and VHS tapes on it.  We are now using the player from our old RV; its remote is working perfectly.

I have been up for an hour and now I'm getting ready to go to the grocery store. It's 3 in the afternoon and yes, you read that correctly, I've been up an hour.

I went to bed at 2am last night (or morning), tossed and turned and finally at 3am I took a sleeping tablet. At 3:30 our fire alarm went off, so I got up and evacuated with everyone else. Note: for the last two days we've had severe heat warnings and record-breaking temps. But it was supposed to cool down for today, Well, that cooling took effect at about 3am last night. The wind came up and the marine layer moved in and we were all freezing outside for about 45 minutes in 60 degree temps.

When we finally got back to our rooms, I decided to take a hot bath and without thinking about it, started washing my hair. With no hair dryer, I was up till 6:30am to let my hair dry. I changed sheets, I did dishes, I got back on the computer, everything I could do to keep myself from falling asleep with a wet head. By the time I finally went to bed at 6:30am, the temp was down to 68 in my room. Twelve hours earlier it had been 93.

Imma go to the store, come back and put on some old Jefferson Airplane (White Rabbit - yeah! because that's about how I feel right now) and zone out for the rest of the day. Or what's left of it.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I got back from the store and instead of listening to JA, I almost jumped out the window!

First of all, the store I'm going to is about 6 miles away, as the crow flies. Make it about 10 miles when you account for going around the water and it feels like 50 after you deal with all the people in this county who DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!!!!!!

So first I go to the Money Tree to pull $12 off my VISA card. I find out they're closed on Sunday. The next nearest Money Tree is about 15 miles in the opposite direction, so I decide I'll just use the card, except now I have to subtract a dollar from my food budget because if I use the card, there's a dollar fee.

So I get to the store to find the hamburger at $2.99/lb. It's not there. So I ask at the meat counter and the lady tells me the meat is mismarked and she'll mark it correctly. She comes out with a couple packages, I pick one and continue to shop, and then go pay.

Now mind, there is ONE register open, so naturally, as soon as I get in line, about 10 people line up behind me. And I have to pay with both the rest of my food stamps and with what's on my card. I have veeerryyy carefully added up my purchases as I went along and I should be able to cover them.

Nuh-uh. It comes to $6 more than I have. What the.....so I tell the cashier, the hamburger is $2.99/lb because that's all I can think of that's throwing the total off so much. He shows me where the price adjusted for that. So I give back the potatoes, the cheese, and the 1/2&1/2. I am so embarrassed by everyone looking at me that I just say fine and pay the rest, get out of there, and drive home.

Upon returning home, I find our elevator is out of service, so I guess it could have been worse. At least I'm not walking up two flights of stairs with 10lbs of potatoes. But when I get upstairs and look at my receipt (and why I didn't do that at the store, I'll never know), I see I was charged $3.99/lb for hamburger. And the $2.99/lb hamburger was the only reason I went that far to that store in the first place! I called and they'll fix it, but that would mean driving all the way over there and walking up and down the stairs again.

Maybe next week. The gods have spoken. I'm not going anywhere else today, or maybe tomorrow either. At least, not until they fix the *&)^ elevator!

51 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

. The gods have spoken. I'm not going anywhere else today, or maybe tomorrow either. At least, not until they fix the *&)^ elevator!

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed!

Geez rodentraiser. Awful experience. Been there myself.   

Spent my day thrift shopping. Got some stuff. Nothing noteworthy.   Ended up at Chinese buffet for dinner. Finally had a few drinks on back porch and my nails painted by my niece. Now laying in bed playing on my kindle.  

Ohh and worked a bit on doll house. :p

16 hours ago, KathieB said:

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed!

No kidding!

15 hours ago, thresadep said:

Geez rodentraiser. Awful experience. Been there myself.   

And that's just ONE day of my life! LOL

The elevator is still not fixed and I'm staying home today.

Leaving Las Vegas on the red eye tonight. We chose a turnkey company to handle the cleanup and minor repairs, hold the estate sales and stage and sell my BIL's condo. Probably have the condo underpriced but we need to sell it rather than continue to pay the high fees. Also, they are going to remove and sell the jeep.  

On the other side of the country  in N Carolina the eviction hearing was on Friday and we won so now the tenant has 10 days to appeal. Slowly but surely. 

Now if I could just figure out what happened to his boat and trailer! 

• Like 2

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's cancer.:console:

Everyone is so busy! I'm adjusting to my new normal; my older son has been working full-time at his job for the last few weeks. Now as I'm finally used to it, I'm sure it will change drastically.

There used to be a 'status update' but it's gone so here seems a good place to say I may not be around for a little while......right now I'm in hospital wired up to a heart machine..............and even my iPad is about to expire!............hopefully I get looked at later today and hopefully I won't have to cancel my place in the 'London Marathon'...........we will see.......love to all.

Mike

Thanks for letting us know. We worry when you disappear for even a few days. I'm sure the doctors will be working hard so you can run that marathon, if not this year, surely next year. Continue to keep us posted and for goodness sakes, please do not delete your gallery!

• Like 1

Mike, you are in my  prayers.  Please assure your dear wife NOT to go deleting your pictures, etc.  I have a cardiac pacemaker and the day I had to have it installed was not one of my best.

• Like 1

Fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery. Mind what they tell you so you'll be back to miniatures asap.

Oh,, and yes, please don't delete your fabulous pictures. You inspire us all with them.

• Like 1