What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I had always had perfect vision until my late forties when I had to start wearing  readers for closeup which I hated.  Don't know how many pairs I had but they were everywhere in the house, car and purse hated having to reach for a pair every time I wanted to read something.  Then practically over night I lost my distant vision couldn't see the TV, couldn't read road signs and since our minds usually start thinking the worse I just knew I had a brain tumor affecting my vision - scared me to death.  Went to the optometrist who said he thought I had cataracts which my reply was no way that is what old people get.  Insurance required me to attend cataract school before seeing the ophthalmologist for surgery.  Found out there are 3 types of cataracts those that babies are born with, the very fast growing ones that people between the ages of 20-60 get (the type I had) and the very slow growing ones that seniors get.  I opted for the multi-focus lenses, which insurance does not pay for mine were $2,500 each eye, and I could not be happier.  It has been four years now with 20/20 vision no glasses whatsoever.   The surgery was a snap they did one eye then two weeks later did the second had perfectly clear vision two days later after swelling went down. Lots of drops before and after for awhile but still well worth it.   Would do it again in a second and highly recommend it if you get the right lenses to be free of any glasses forever.  

• Like 1

My brother and his wife are coming over for a BBQ this afternoon so it's off to the grocery store this morning to pick up a few last minute items. Chicken is already marinating in "special" sauce. DH and DS#1 are going to clean out the grill for me; I should have been doing it on some kind of schedule, but I didn't so it is pretty grungy. I clean the grills themselves but not the drip pan.

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

After breakfast we're off to the Delta area of Mobile Bay for an event and boat ride.

Any day that contains a boat ride is a great day. :) 

Today was a nice day here in SE PA as well, so I took a break from my mini project and spent a few hours working on getting my flower beds ready!  :D  I just LOVE diggin' in the dirt! And hubby finally got the new half-barrel planter in place for me! Hooray!  The old barrel was literally disintegrating and should have been replace years ago.  Looking forward now to doing some actual flower planting! (but it will have to wait a couple more weeks)

Woke up with sore throat and feber this morning so staying home under a blanket right now... Hubby will stock up on juice and stuff so will in general just go in slow motion today...

hugs

Another rush job for me this week. I have a small glass commission I hope to be done with by Friday. Today I'll be cutting and grinding glass. I also have to pop in to the library to pay some fines. Tomorrow I'll be foiling and soldering. Wednesday I'll get my frame cut, and Thursday I hope to have the finishwork all done....Pictures to follow at the end of the week, because I finally got the gallery to work for me. Yay!

Yesterday I found out DH has been using the batch of stripwood I had left stored in the basement to prop up his plants. I gave him hell about it and he just said,"so what, just buy some more, I needed them". He's got dozens and dozens of tomatoes and some other things. The garden won't hold them all. Also told him I am not canning them come September. I used to do it years ago and don't want to do that again.

1 hour ago, grazhina said:

. Also told him I am not canning them come September. I used to do it years ago and don't want to do that again.

I don't like canning, I know it's very popular now with the survivalist cults but I did enough of that when I was growing up with grandma..she used to make us pick peaches and then can them along with everything else in her garden. I have a burn mark on my hand that has never gone away because of it (the only way I'd do it is if we got that power pressure cooker they have on TV)  other than that no way...you can buy it at the store

When we lived in OH DH's mother brought us a couple of bushels of Clanton peaches.  No way I was going to can those yummy things; I filled our side-by-side freezer with them and we ate peaches for the next several months.

Tonight was our club's Board of Directors Installation dinner. I am now President of Les Petits Collecteurs of South Florida. When I came home my family wanted to know where the Secret Service was. ;)

• Like 2

Yesterday, since I couldn't the gloomy weather anymore, was going crazy and needed to replace some of the stripwood my husband appropriated to stake his plants, I went out for an old fashioned shopping trip. I found these charming fellows. I thought they were so cute together.

Karl: Oh my God, what have you done???!!!

Gunther: No worries, everything will be fine!

IMG_1835.JPG

• Like 3

Grazhina, your gnomes are wonderful!!   Keeping things indoors lately as our April showers have decided to stick around until May. It's been raining all week. I'm hoping to be able to get my worktable set up for a bit soon. My bungalow is giving me the evil eye from where she is stashed atop my pantry cabinets. 

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Grazhina, your gnomes are wonderful!!   Keeping things indoors lately as our April showers have decided to stick around until May. It's been raining all week. I'm hoping to be able to get my worktable set up for a bit soon. My bungalow is giving me the evil eye from where she is stashed atop my pantry cabinets. 

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Spent Mothers' Day with DH's sister making a big fuss over his mom.  Tomorrow AM early we're heading to Cedar Key to vegetate for a few days before heading back home to chores and doctors' appointments.

I just approved final revisions to my sister's biography to be printed up in a program to for the dedication of a memorial in Cary, NC this weekend for two plane crashes in the 1980's. My sister was one of the pilots in one of the crashes. Although, many good intentions have been put forward toward this memorial and the dedication service. I will not be attending the formal ceremony. I will visit the site at a later date when there is less hoopla.

• Like 1