What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We are leaving later today for Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores for the AL hiking trail conference this weekend,  dropping off my PT Cruiser and picking up the "new" car on the way.  We will come home Monday.  We got an updated email about the conference's adjustments to the coming sloppy weather.

• Like 2

Bulletin to World: Thursday, March 10, 2016, 8:15 am -- the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board folks have arrived to fix the leaking water pipe. 

Caution to World: don't get in the way of KathieB when she sets her mind to get something done. :D

• Like 8

Kathie, the squeaky wheel gets the grease! I'm so happy you are getting some results. Amazing what a little negative press will do.

I have a batch of pumpkin spice bread in the oven, just had a weird off-season craving for some. I use the Krusteaz mix because it is cheap, $5 for 4 loaves, and easy. Today marks the start of the dreaded spring-cleaning list. I have a ton of RL painting to do, mostly trim which I despise but it needs doing.

Glad to hear that you are getting some action, Kathie!  :) 

As for me- my heart is sad today for I am mourning the passing of my dear, sweet Aunt Arlene.  She was such a wonderful example of cheerful servanthood & hospitality!  She was always there to take care of everyone else- often at the expense of her own health.  We will miss her easy laugh and genuine caring.  Our comfort is in knowing that she is in Heaven with her Lord and Savior, along with her husband, two sisters and two brothers...a glorious family reunion! 

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Caution to World: don't get in the way of KathieB when she sets her mind to get something done. :D

Lloyd says that should read "General KathieB" ...  :roflmao: 

• Like 2

The water leak repair and cleanup was completed in 3 hours. It was very efficiently done. No leaning on shovels and kibitzing -- maybe because I was all over them taking pictures and asking questions. :D 

• Like 4

Thanks Kathie! We'll definitely keep an eye on things. Mama lives here, just down the street from me, it's the baby that lives 3 hours away. But I know they sure won't want to make that drive with a screaming 1 year old! I'm sure mama's feelings won't be hurt at all if she has to baby sit another night!! Thanks for the heads up! And y'all stay safe there.

Jackie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Knowing where she's gone is a comfort indeed.

I've been busy lately and haven't been keeping up with the board. When I do get online, I've been playing or watching Lord of the Rings Online to distract from all the horsecrappery going on around here. We do have a nice weekend planned: an interview with the adoption agency we're signed up with, then get-togethers with family and friends.

• Like 1

I've been hanging out on Instagram getting ideas, attempting to build modern furniture... haven't got a whole lot complete on the Orchid...

I got my first room in my Lundby furnished... the bathroom. 

I also found a built Fairfield at the flea market today for $5.00 I'm excited about. 

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎37‎:‎10‎, KathieB said:

Tracy, we're having a lot of wind -- gale warnings -- and hazardous driving conditions as part of our forecast over the next few days. Check the weather carefully before your parents set out on the road on Sunday. You may have to encourage them to stay a day longer.

Mama told me tonight that they are keeping the baby a day longer, and will return him to his mama on Monday, because if the rain. I'm glad for that, but it sure does wear my poor mama out keeping up with him!

Well today I will continue tackling then "mountain" of laundry from the trip...

also while preparing for a nice dinner with the parent-in-laws who will be coming over later this afternoon. Looking forward too that

hugs

• Like 1

Chasing dead people. Yesterday I found a former slave, Charles Charlton, who founded a school for African Americans in the late 1800s, in Lloyd's extended family. As Charlton-Pollard High School, it is going strong today in Beaumont, Texas. The Pollard in the school's name is Thomas Titus Pollard, also in the family tree. He was supervisor and his wife taught at the school. It's nuggets like this that keep me squinting at old records. 

• Like 5

I will be going on a work relaterade conference over a couple of nights, so while passning by the Box I had with me on our vacation My mind went "hmmm".... So I am sooo going to pack it along with me. I mean two nights on a hotel, one needs something to do right?!?

hugs

• Like 1

Supposed to be finishing up the work room, but found a half finished book making kit so I finished that off. The I shopped for spring clothes which lead to buying shoes and a couple of purses. Then I came here to see what's up. Now it's almost time to "stop" cleaning and start dinner. 

Managed to lock ourselves out of the condo this afternoon. Don't ask; it was a joint effort. :D Called a friend who looked up locksmiths. He got here quickly and we were back inside in 40 minutes. Meanwhile we enjoyed our little cafe table and chairs on the gallery and talked to passing neighbors. The sun was out, the air balmy. A great way to relax, even if it was enforced. :)

Just received another glass commission. So, I'm starting to work on that this week. Sailboat under the moonlight, to go to my uncle's new house in FL. Simple, but should turn out really nicely. I just have to go to the store and see if they have the blue glass I'm looking for, otherwise it's the internet, maybe.

Arrived at the hotel, met up with a collegue at the lobby area sat sown for a chat, got a room upgrade som an now enjoying the relaxed atmosphere at the top florr, sitting curled up in a chaise lounge (!) just feeling a bit worn, so am just going to sit back for a whie and then probably just finish Reading the last part of the mystery novel I started Reading on the plan back home from Fuertaventura.

Hugs

• Like 1

Have been pouring over tripdelta.com in an effort to cobble together an itinerary for a summer trip that will have us cruising the Volga River and then dropping in on a couple of forum members on the way home. It's a real puzzle and I wake up dreaming I'm in an airport and can't find the next gate ... :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

YEAH!!!!!!   off to Destin for the weekend!!!!!   happy to get out of misery for a couple of days!!!

One of our favorite state parks is Henderson Beach in Destin.  Favorite eating place is Joe's Crab Shack.  The Air Force Armament Museum is in nearby Valparaiso and Ft Walton Beach has an Indian mound right downtown.  Maybe next time you could give me a heads up and we could get together.

• Like 1