• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• havanaholly

• KathieB

• heidiiiii

• Anna

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started laying pavers in our front yard yesterday. My DW doesn't like walking in the grass from the car to the front steps, so we're getting about a dozen pavers that look like cobblestone, each pa

Today I am celebrating a bit as I have been offered a new job (still principal but in a different town/municipality) which I have accepted. Same driving distance just the opposite direction, a few per

SHE's HERE!!!      Little Junia Rosalie was born on her daddy's birthday- Friday, June 9 weighing in at 7lbs 15oz and 21.5 inches long!  She's beautiful and we are SO excited for our first gran

Posted Images

I haven't been in here much in a while it seems.   We had two rounds of company, one from the east coast and two from the west so I have been very busy.  We are still in the house closing marathon so with contractors coming and going and regular everyday "stuff" I haven't had time to breath!   
Glad to hear you had a good trip Holly in spite of some glitches.   Would a vacation ever go perfectly?   None that we have been on!
I took out my sewing machine two weeks ago and started making some dolls but I have legs and arms all over the table that is as far as I have gotten!
Maybe I will find time to work on minis next week?
We have perfect fall weather right now.  Its been a bit warmer than normal but I am loving the sunny clear blue sky!  

• Like 1

Today I am celebrating a bit as I have been offered a new job (still principal but in a different town/municipality) which I have accepted. Same driving distance just the opposite direction, a few perks and a whole lot more support functions around me, so yay! :)

hugs

• Like 9

Congratulations, Anna! Having good support services can mean all the difference between an enjoyable position and one that is just a job. 

I envy you, Jackie. Lloyd and I were discussing yesterday how boringly green the trees are in south Louisiana. Would love a leaf peeping weekend.

• Like 2

Yay Anna! Yesterday I took my mom out to the movies to see Matt Damon in "The Martian". She hasn't been feeling well all week, due I think to a reaction to one of her medications: horrible stomachaches all week long. So, I thought to cheer her up. Now, we both love action, sci-fi, even romance movies, but I was surprised by her reaction after seeing it. She called it the best movie she's ever seen. I wouldn't go that far, but I really enjoyed it too, even though neither of us is a big Matt Damon fan. Today I will probably be out in the garage studio hard at work on some more stained glass grinding, since the weather is supposed to be quite nice, and I can leave the big door open while I work. My dad may barbecue dinner for us on Sunday, I'm not sure. Also, next week we'll probably all go on our annual leaf peeping picnic on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We choose different spots every year, and my dad likes to take photos of my mom and me at the scenic overlooks.

• Like 1

I'm headed to my son and DIL to setup and decorate outside in their very nice shop for their two daughters birthday parties tomorrow. One will be 2yrs old and the other 6yrs. Their birthdays are one week apart so their parents are combining the celebrations. Interesting thing is that there are two themes so that may be a head-scratcher to pull together. Then I'm working a couple of hours at our church's pumpkin and mum stand for a youth fundraiser. Hoping for a beautiful day; wanted to make potato soup and mexican cornbread but I dont know if theres a window of time..

final shopping for the wedding in Nov.  Can't wait.  My youngest is getting married.  I'm excited about going to FL!!!!!  warm weather, no cold   yeah

Sounds like the two of you are vying for the busiest person of the season award. I'm tired just trying to keep up with reading all your projects. Congrats on all the energy and super fun family gatherings! 

I'm headed to my son and DIL to setup and decorate outside in their very nice shop for their two daughters birthday parties tomorrow. ...... but I dont know if theres a window of time.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one Selkie! Felt like a sloth....think I'll go have another cup of coffee....trudge, trudge.....

I'm trudging outdoors to finish the garden clean up.  Trying to bribe the kiddos into lugging the heavy stuff. A few more tomatoes, peppers, summer squash, and tons of herbs that still need drying.

Ugh, ugh,  ugh!! Zero energy, raging headache, and aching from head to toe. sigh ... wish I could just curl up and sleep. Hah! Big joke that is.

Okay Selkie, <slap side the head> get that attitude straightened out and be thankful you had a wonderful garden this year. 

Just returned from our trip to see the our son and the foliage in New Hampshire. Traveled from the southern part of the state up to Lake Winnepesaukee and Mt Washington. The leaves and views were spectacular. Living in Florida for 30+ years one forgets how lovely fall can be. 

• Like 2

I have been working days for the past two weeks.  I prefer this shift, but it was only temporary.

The company I'm contracted with was competing with another company for the new contract, and the only way to get it was to under-bid them.  The company won, but we the contractors, lost.  They cut our numbers by 62% (37 of the 67 were cut), They cut our hours from 40 per week to 35 or less, and they cut our pay by 45%, so if you were to take our maximum (but not guaranteed) weekly income and divided it by 40, we're making just over the $8 state minimum wage.  To add insult to injury, they're expecting us to hit an unrealistic quota (process 100 medical claims in a 7 hour shift) and cut our training from 6 weeks to 1.  So far, 6 contractors either walked off the job when they got word of what was going on and 1 contractor quit half way through training when a better job offer came his way.  I have over a dozen resumes out for better jobs in the area and I don't know of anyone who isn't looking to "jump ship" as soon as a better job offer comes along.  At McDonald's wages, it won't be hard to find a better paying job somewhere soon.  They were also going to zero out our PTO time and pay it to us in cash, but they only gave me $52 for the 43 hours I had accumulated.  I guess they're paying it based on the 1960's minimum wage. :p

I haven't started work on the Tudor house yet, but I plan to once I get back to 2nd shift.  I'm getting ready to hang a tire swing in the back yard for the kids now that the weather is down to the mid-80's, but their tree house will have to wait another year since my wages are far too low for it now.

I'll post a photo of our newest "mini" in my gallery today.  She's adorable.

• Like 2

Oh, Jeremy, the new mini is just precious!  I'm so sorry your employment is so full of drama.  Give your wife an extra hug from us.

We are home from our long weekend.  We rode, his bike and my trike, Friday and yesterday and went paddling with the host group on Saturday.  It was my first trike riding and solo kayaking since getting the new battery, and of course I overdid it, so we wussed out of yesterday AM's godawful early paddle and rode again, and I got over eight miles; nothing like the 35+ I did before the old battery started to poop out, but it took me two years' riding to work up to the 35+ the first time.

• Like 1

OK, right now Think steam is coming out of my ears... Work related so nothing really bad, just when different agendas collide and the student gets squished between a rock and a hard Place...

Ok, rant over feel better now, will stop complain!

Hugs

Hi Holly!   You over do something????  :D
I am the queen of "Over-Do"!    I am going to physical therapy now finally after 5 months because of the pain in my SI joint  and the therapist told me that I had to "slow down" and let my body heal.   Well I am not one to sit around!   I shortened my walk a  bit and decided not to try and run the marathon this year ( kidding) but slowing down isn't an option. 
In fact we have a whole day shopping trip planned in Santa Fe on Friday so I will rest in the car on the drive down.  :dog:

• Like 1

Roxy, for years the mantra at our house has been "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".  After breakfast today we hopped in the truck and headed eastward for an hour to renew our Eglin AFB passes because the Panhandle Trace Hike starts at the end of this week and DH won't be happy if he doesn't hike the whole nine days/ 100+ miles; I shall be happy as a clam to do the 3.5 mile bit through the dunes east of Pensacola Beach on Day 8; meanwhile relaxing at the camper out at Ft Pickens.

• Like 1

Ok, so today I have communicated with My staff that I have turned in My resignation in favour of a new job/position in a different city/municipality. One of the toughest thing I have had to do in My working life so to speak, but I have to think that I do want to keep working and be healthy too.

hugs

• Like 3

Good to take care of yourself Anna. Life needs to be comprised of more than a job just as a money making event. Balance is the key to enjoying life as well as being healthy. (just don't follow my example ... just sayin').

• Like 1