What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Been happily sorting theough the dedicated craft area and putting things away in the drawers, creating a system where what goes etc etc. Loving it! As I atill have most of the craft room packed away in atorage boxes, this atleast gives me a sort of organized crafting area (the furniture pieces will ve used in the actual craft room later on so it is really a win-win) 

All while doing this I have the lighthouse as a centre view so have moatly come up with how to do the landscaping areas as well, bliss!

hugs

• Like 3

We just got back from what turned out to be a three-week trip.  It rained or drizzled most of the way up to the Metro DC area of VA, but we had nice weather for most of our visit with our son and his wife, and found a lot of nice places to visit NOT in DC, which was going crazy with preparations for the Pope's visit.  We left this past Monday and headed into WV where we tent camped in the Monongahela National Forest, rode an old passenger train to a mountaintop meadow full of golden milkweed and monarch caterpillars feeding on it.  The next day we hiked about 8 miles of mountain trails and except for the face plant I did into a moss-covered rock it was pretty uneventful, but gorgeous.  It gave the new battery a nice workout.  On the way back into VA we stopped at another mountain and hiked  boardwalk trail through a cranberry bog.  Yesterday we stopped in Birmingham, AL, and visited the jazz hall of fame at the Carver Theater and the Museum of Art.  At the latter you walk into the front door and the first thing you see is Chihuly's Persian Wall:  http://www.artsbma.org/pieces/birmingham-persian-wall/  I have missed all of you, and its good to be home, both at our house and here on the forum.

• Like 3

Glad to see you back Holly! Hope you didn't hurt your face too bad.....

It felt as if I'd scraped off all the skin, but turned out all that wet moss cushioned it.  One of the reasons I walk with a cane and hike with two hiking poles is to minimize falling, since my balance is so dicey.  Right after I picked myself back up from the fall two bear hounds came bounding up and proceeded to follow us to the next trail, where their master finally caught up with them.  Being hounds, they are sweet, friendly dogs, but being bear hounds they were both very tall dogs and had a tendency to move quite close to us, so I had to be extra careful not to trip over one or the other of them.

• Like 1

On my way home yesterday I went past the local scrapbooking store and some of then Martha Stewart paints just sort of came home with me... Love the names of them,  gunmetal, gray wolf, pure platinum and vanilla bean to name a few.

Always fun to add new paints to the collection!

Hugs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a nice little mini show on Saturday. Didn't have to drive too far either! 2nd annual show in Mooresville, NC. I was lucky enough to snag someone's parking space right by the front door. Didn't win any door prizes, but admission couldn't be beat, just $1. Some very nice vendors; one in particular was selling everything for 50% off, and I scored some goodies. Got to talking with this one gal from Tennessee, I told her I'd like to contact her in a few weeks about something she had for sale and she sounded like she'd reserve it for me. Good times!

Later this AM I go in for a DEXA (bone density scan), a chance to see how well the combination of calcium citrate and vitamin D3 is working (although considering the last two tumbles I took amongst rocks resulted in bruises suggests it's working pretty good).

Rock tumbling is not a preffered method of checking out ones immune system, but as you said it worked (ouch though...) hope it goes well!

Over here I am starting to feel more than half huan, no fever this morning and even a slight hint of energy and boredome so that is a good sign :) been fiddling with the online shop, ended up with lots and lots of carpets. She is allready looking into which ones she wants to do again, and perhaps with tweaking the colours a Little as well.

Hugs

• Like 1

Any patterns in particular Holly? I have been collecting those pattern books from here and there and gifted them to mum as she really, really enjoys her embroidering.

Hugs

House is starting to smell really good. I've got three huge kettles of apples simmering for applesauce.  Still have one more batch of tomatoes to do and some herbs to dry and a few to pot up for fresh use in the winter.  

Then I'm done for this season!!!! Yahoo!

My gardens did SO well this year. But I'm tired now and ready to be done. 

Sounds divine Selkie! But then again I can understand you feeling a teensy bit worn out by taking care of the fruits from the garden. I used to do the same thing earlier, ie Before we moved here and started on this Marathon of a renovation Project....

Hugs

Just decided to throw on a pot of peaches too. These poor things got accidentally frozen by being in the spare 'frig with the dial set too cold. I had left them there and promptly forgot about them. Just found them so I'm cooking them down and will do a blend of apple and peach with some of the sauce. It's a popular combo here as is cinnamon applesauce. 

• Like 1

Just decided to throw on a pot of peaches too. These poor things got accidentally frozen by being in the spare 'frig with the dial set too cold. I had left them there and promptly forgot about them. Just found them so I'm cooking them down and will do a blend of apple and peach with some of the sauce. It's a popular combo here as is cinnamon applesauce. 

Yum!!! Apple and peaches, like the idea of combining them!
Hugs

I am back from a three-day work trip farther north on the Peninsula, in Port Angeles. I was working at the Dungeness Crab and Seafood Festival, and all the vendor tents were right out on the pier.  People were lined up to catch a crab themselves, then get it cleaned and cooked.  I hadn't worked that event before, and it was quite interesting!  But the weather turned stormy on Saturday and I spent quite a bit of energy just keeping the tent right side up!  Our weights were not heavy enough, and the roof leaked like a sieve, and the whole tent blew back a foot or more. I had a one-unit shower display (we remodel bathrooms) and by the end of the day there was something very wrong with this picture:  The shower was the only dry spot! It's supposed to dry-room and wet-shower!  I was piling almost everything into the shower stall to keep them dry!  :rofl:

But the people kept coming.  The food court, and live music, was all under a humongous tent and that's where most people were. There was delicious seafood of all kinds - and crab meat in a dozen different dishes! 

Sunday was nice and sunny most of the day and we had many visitors from Canada. They would take the ferry across from Victoria BC and walk through the festival. It started to cloud over later in the afternoon, before the 5:00 closing, and everyone was anxious to get off the pier before the rain came back.  It was not a boring weekend, that's for sure! 

• Like 3

The DEXA went well and I should have the results when we get back next Monday from the paddling trip we're taking later this week.  On the way back to the street we noticed a flat pile of cardboard bound with strapping plastic lying in the driveway, waiting for someone to drive over it and crush it.  We stopped and I got out to put it into the back seat and take home to recycle, only it wasn't an unmade box, as I first thought, but had mailing labels on the other side and was a package being sent to a local business (it turned out to be a shipment to a local Boost store from  corporate distributor) so we set off to find the business and give them their package.  I mentioned to the lady I gave it to that she might want to contact whatever corporate person chose the shipper to have them rethink whom to use for shipping.  Of course, we have seen such cavalier attitudes towards packages displayed by other delivery services, based on the sending info on the labels when we have found and delivered other abandoned parcels, so it wasn't just the shipper we found today.

• Like 1

Great to hear Holly. I envy you your paddling trip, over here it is fall time for sure, ie chilly and grey. Hubby had to defrost the car the other morning.

Back to work today, a full day of Conference so it will be lots of inpput so to speak.

Hugs

Whew!  I am VERY sore, but it's a happy kind of sore.  :)    Several weeks ago a family friend came to me and asked to me to save her insanity and be her wedding day coordinator for her Columbus Day wedding.  We love her to pieces and despite knowing what the result of such an activity would be on my body, I happily accepted. 

The weather was perfect - and the horse ranch venue was stunning!  They had 2 extremely friendly and docile miniature donkeys that roamed the property...the kids just squealed with delight whenever the donkeys were near!  We even saw a deer roam through the orchard where the wedding ceremony was to take place.  All quite charming.  :)

The day went well - despite the challenges of wrangling 12 (yes 12!) children in the wedding party! They were all adorable (and all under 7), but oh my, the chaos!  LOL 

My hubby was the guitarist for the ceremony, and my oldest daughter was the soloist - and one of the co-officiates.  (I was a proud mama)

My duties done, we left around 7:30ish and I was able to crawl up the stairs and into be by 8:30pm!  I am quite sore and find it difficult to walk and do stairs (did I mention the ranch buildings were situated on a slight hill?  And did I mention how many time I had to traipse up and down that hill from ceremony site to reception barn!?).....but I loved every minute of that day!  One of my co-workers was also at the wedding and quipped that he could see that I "was in my natural habitat".  LOL  Yeah- too bad the Fibromyalgia had other plans for me....

So now that the wedding is over, I will get back to my Colonial Farmhouse renovation!  It's been waiting patiently for me to return.

• Like 4

What started out as a one room makeover for my granddaughter has turned into a whole house makeover for my daughter, Suzanne:-)) Painting (Selkie, I STILL hate painting), re-purposing (love re-purposing items), flipping rooms, etc. Last night we finally completely absolutely finished Hannah, my GD's, room. She loved it and said she was never coming out of it. My little 2 and 1/2 yr old GS, Isaac, kept pulling me to his new big-boy room that is in the in-between stages of completion, wanting me to work in his room. It's been painted and we now have all the pieces needed to complete it, just need to arrange. I should finish that one Thursday night after work. He is leaving the nursery in good shape for the new little brother who should arrive sometime in January:-))   I had a home staging business a few years ago that grew so big that I had to "go big or go home" so I went home. It was just too physically demanding. So I love these types of projects, the before and after, but wish I wasn't so pushed for time. If only I was rich and could retire:-(()) In between RL I'm reading the forum every day and planning my next project. After working on these huge rooms, surely the minis will be a breeze. I miss posting what I'm working on but hope to contribute soon. Sure do love everyone's posts, pictures, and blogs.

• Like 3

Sounds like you have your hands full, Sue.  At least you little RL "dolls" can tell you how much they like what you are doing!  :)  

I'm shifting gears now that my RL job will slow down for the winter.  Now I start the craft shows and really need to get busy on more inventory. Also working long hours on my website, which I upgraded to a store.  Almost got that ready to launch.  Why does everything take so much time?  

• Like 1

What started out as a one room makeover for my granddaughter has turned into a whole house makeover for my daughter, Suzanne:-)) Painting (Selkie, I STILL hate painting) ...

Sue, I'd still help you in a heartbeat with the painting part if I was anywhere close by. My living room is next on my painting docket. I've despised the color since the day it went on but was painting the entire house at the time so it wasn't an option for redo at that moment. 

.....  Why does everything take so much time?  

CJ, if you ever find the answer to that question, please, please post the solution asap!! It's like that old saying, "The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get"

• Like 3

I have baked three dozen mini jalapeno cheese biscuits for the potluck Friday night and began toting food out to the RV's fridge, and started on the food box for the pantry out there.  In the AM I finish up and we hit the road, and I'm pretty sure there's no wifi where we'll be, so I'll "see" all you lovely folks next Monday.

• Like 1