What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I worked with our local fair for a long time....maybe 12+ years?  Loved it!  Would do it again if my body would cooperate.  :/

Add another funeral to my weekend plans.  I have my Uncle's funeral tomorrow (Friday) and my Aunt passed away on Wednesday, so her funeral is on Saturday. 

Feeling rather sad this week......  AND a little crazed: the Saturday funeral means that I have to finish baking and decorate and deliver the birthday cake order late Friday nite!  ACK!

A hug for you Jackie.......sounds like you need one.  

Messing around with the house ( my real one).    Fall must be on the way I always feel like rearranging, cleaning and decorating this time of the year.  I say Fall is on the way but it feels like July with the heat.   I dug out my Fall decorations to see what ones I might want to use. 

Also working on another Prim doll.  I think she is going to be an angel.  I found out that stuffing those long skinny stick legs is not easy with these hands. 

CJ, what a crazy week! And that commute! :( Here's some coffee to help get you through: :coffee:

Jackie, I'm sorry this week has been one of loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

I've been frantically scrambling to get my Orchid done in time for the state fair. I got it there a few minutes after the closing time for accepting entries (thanks to hitting several construction zones and ending up behind multiple slow carnival rides also on the way to the fair), and they allowed me to plead my case and enter anyway. But it's done (enough) and there! Pictures in my album.

• Like 1

Been having a clear-out of storage areas over the weekend. Hubby has been cleaning the tool shed and I have been going trough the wardrobe/what ever goes in there areas in the house. Now I even have floor space to walk into it, yay! And I have also been measuring, plotting and planning for more shelves as well as chest of drawers from Ikea. We'll see when we manage to swing pass there and picktosup. Will help alot I think in the craft area where I now stack boxes on top of wach other making it a bit more hard to keep tidy and allow some actual mini-ing, not juat clearing of space....

Hugs

Anna, I love trips to IKEA! I'm feeling just a bit jealous :)

Off to a friend's house this morning to celebrate birthdays. There are 3 or 4 of us born in either August or September so we decided to do a combined brunch.  I made Milky Way Cheesecake bars to take; they are an experiment that smelled just fabulous.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the cyber hugs and thoughts!  I feel very loved!  :)   While we mourned the loss of our loved ones, a cousin said that it was like a 2-day family reunion!  :)  During the meals the Aunts and Uncles told funny stories of my, shall we say "eccentric", Uncle LOL  and shared warm memories of my hard-working, gracious Aunt and her famous chocolate cake. The cousins shared favorite memories and fretted about growing older, gave updates on their jobs and their kids whereabouts...but mostly we vowed not to loose touch with each other over the coming years!   

While the weekend began with the sadness of death, it ended with a celebration of life: a baby shower for my Niece-in-law and Baby-to-be, Olivia.  It was a huge affair and the glowing mom-to-be opened gifts surrounded by a sea of pink.  I made her a room box in her real life nursery theme of butterflies. 

Now that all of that is over, it's back to work on the dollhouse.....

roombox.jpg

• Like 6

Jackie, sorry to hear about your recent losses. The room box is so sweet!!

I'm focusing on full-scale projects right now, so the minis are somewhat on the back burner.  Is anyone else canning at the moment?  Not something I grew up with, but something I'm really trying to get in to. My friend and I did two bushels of tomatoes on the weekend, and it went much more smoothly than last year, which was our first attempt, but it did take the entire day, and now i keep finding tomato splatters in unexpected parts of my home.  Realized this morning that one of us must have touched the bathroom light switch with tomato on our hands, but it just looks like gore!   I've done a few pickled things too, and a bunch of pesto for the freezer. Yum.

Wow, Jackie, that is more loss than most people could probably imagine.  Hugs sent your way.

I had several appointments today and got some good news- my brain cyst is slow growing.  It hasn't changed In the past 3 months.  It gives me time to save and hopefully find someone who knows how to do something about it.

Our little Shailene has been home for just over 2 months and is growing like crazy.  Our youngest son just adores her.  I think he's glad he's no longer the smallest kid in he house

.....  Is anyone else canning at the moment? .....

Canning and freezing going on bigtime at our house. Haven't started the pickling end of of it yet. 

Gardens are still in high gear so there is more to come if the weather cooperates. Worried about frosts now as days are still warm but nights are starting to get nippy.

My son is getting settled into NH from his move from Florida. The other night he called and asked, "Why am I having so much trouble driving on the roads here at night?"   I responded, "Because of snow plows, they don't have the street reflectors imbedded in the asphalt, like they do everywhere in Florida."

• Like 2

Jeremy, good to see you!   I hope that you do find someone who can help you!!!!!!

Busy here.   I took a break from minis and did some sewing projects.   I have been working a lot on my real house.  I am really enjoying decorating it. 

I cleaned the entire first floor of my house and then DH called me outside to help lop branches off trees in the front yard. Then I sat down to relax and play a game of mah jong on the computer before having to start cooking dinner. I play the highest level puzzle, and I was having the fastest time I'd ever had playing the game, when suddenly - the computer turned itself off, then turned itself back on. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, the game had been saved. Nope. As a matter of fact, I have to start at the lowest level puzzle and work back up. How annoying.

I cleaned the entire first floor of my house and then DH called me outside to help lop branches off trees in the front yard. Then I sat down to relax and play a game of mah jong on the computer before having to start cooking dinner. I play the highest level puzzle, and I was having the fastest time I'd ever had playing the game, when suddenly - the computer turned itself off, then turned itself back on. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, the game had been saved. Nope. As a matter of fact, I have to start at the lowest level puzzle and work back up. How annoying.

I strongly suggest you not play Angry Birds 2. I never considered myself one who would get addicted to these types of games, but I have. Only 40 more levels out of 280 and I will beat the stupid game. After that I hope to never play it again!  

We went to Ikea yesterday, a little outing after work ;), and picked up a few items, a couple of chest of drawers (Alex) in the same series I had one since earlier, but we also got me a nice comfy chair to create a little reading nook.

so today I have been putting those together (hubby put a shelf together too) and now I am sort of crossed eyed LOL so think I will need to do something else for a while. It is sooooo nice to be able to put the mini supplies in their own place though instead of toppling over wherever.

hugs

• Like 2

Last night I decided to put a few more things on "sale" at New England Miniatures because I still had an awful lot of stuff left on the shelves.

I got carried away and kept discounting things till 2AM, then woke up at 6 thinking I should change the wording on the front page. Throw in the word "additional" I said to myself. I get kind of obsessive I guess. I wake up in the morning and immediately things that need to be done pop into my head. I need to relax my brain. I swear, it seems like I saw my mind trotting past me yesterday.

Yesterday was my youngest son's birthday. He wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and I found him the ooiest gooiest chocolatiest cake ever. Things seem to be going well for him at his new job, he's advanced another step up in authority. 

• Like 2

mmmm.....chocolate cake with chocolate icing.....  :D

I spent last evening eating "fair food"!  LOL  This week is our town fair and it has been our family tradition to go down Wednesday evening before the parade and gorge ourselves on toasted cheeseburgers, pulled pork sandwiches, fried veggies, fries loaded with vinegar and salt, waffle & ice cream sandwiches, maybe a fried pickle or a fried oreo and most def a funnel cake!  Yum!  I can hear the arteries clogging as I speak!  LOL 

Once we've made our rounds and our stomachs are full and our wallets are empty, we browse thru the baked goods, canned goods, model and photography displays then head out to our usual spot to watch the parade.  It was a nice evening....but I couldn't help think about "someday" when we'll do this with grandkids in tow!  ;)

• Like 1

We are prepping for our first major road trip since our 50th anniversary jaunt.  It was so much fun we decided to repeat it somewhat, taking the tent & gear again.  It'll be the first major road trip since I got my new pacer battery, and we are taking bikes and hiking gear.  We have discovered the freeze-dried backpacking meals, which will help considerably, since refrigeration is no longer an issue.

Anyone heard from Holly lately or know when she is due back from her trip?  Hope she's having a blast!! 

I've noticed that too. What with, the forum changeover (which has put many of us off from our usual forum activity levels), Holly gone, Deb and Mike recuperating, several busy with the HBS contest, and the back to school busyness, it isn't a wonder.

To make a quilt for my country house (Laurel bash), I've been doing english paper piecing with 1/2"-side hexagons, as practice for even smaller hexagons! (I would add a photo but I guess I have to put it in an album first.) It is not quick going, let me tell you-- my back is hunchy and my fingers are getting stiff and my eyes are crossing a bit. :p