What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I didn't choose, Gerda; I just get a weekly notice of pins based on the sites I normally visit.

Probably it was some default box that came checked off when you joined. I'll bet if you look in your account settings you'll find a way to turn it off if you would rather not get it (them).

I save the tutorials and inspiration things I find in folders labeled accordingly because I would never be able to find them again otherwise.

You can select Secret folders so you aren't sharing your likes and dislikes with the entire universe unless you choose to comment on it or create a Public folder.

Sort of like here on GL, you can have private folders for your own use. 

It can be deadly addictive if you let it. 

Still continuing my Pinterest experiment. I find it most interesting that there are a lot of images with no credit attached to them. I am always interested to see the person who did it perhaps explain their inspiration for creating something. It's more interesting to follow through and find the story behind the picture. Maybe that is the point and I am just not getting it?  I did find a link to some of the most beautifully done Greenleaf kits this morning. Amazing Greenleaf houses

We have a busy weekend; a 200th anniversary celebration at our church for most of it. I hope I can get some laundry done in between cooking and helping out.

I'm sitting here and taking a day off. I've been out and about every day this week and I'm starting to feel it. Yesterday I did the shopping, 35 miles, 5 stores (was supposed to be 6) and 3 hours later, the monthly shopping is done and it only took another 45 minutes to put stuff away. Today I have to cut up the meat and put it in the freezer, something I don't like doing, hence this post here (putting it off).

But today is a nice day, not too hot, not too cold, with the sun out, the wind gently blowing, the blackberry festival going on downtown with the result that people are parking in trees (and one guy parked across the alley under my window - wait'll the cops see that one!), and for some strange reason, planes are flying around the Sound. So far I've seen a formation of five and a couple old war planes make a loop. Interesting.

I ordered 32 books from various libraries around the US and about 8 of them have come in and instead of reading, I'm on the computer and contemplating taking a nap. Dollhouse will wait.

• Like 1

We are prepping for our first major road trip since our 50th anniversary jaunt.  It was so much fun we decided to repeat it somewhat, taking the tent & gear again.  It'll be the first major road trip since I got my new pacer battery, and we are taking bikes and hiking gear.  We have discovered the freeze-dried backpacking meals, which will help considerably, since refrigeration is no longer an issue.

• Like 1

I've got hay fever. I used to get really BAD symptoms all my life till 16 years ago when they faded away, but this year the dreaded hay fever is back. Even the pills aren't working as well as they used to in the old days. The worst part is the itching in my nose, mouth & throat. It's making the inside of my mouth sore. 

We are prepping for our first major road trip since our 50th anniversary jaunt.  It was so much fun we decided to repeat it somewhat, taking the tent & gear again.  It'll be the first major road trip since I got my new pacer battery, and we are taking bikes and hiking gear.  We have discovered the freeze-dried backpacking meals, which will help considerably, since refrigeration is no longer an issue.

When I could afford to, I used to just go to REI and buy those food packages to have at dinner. Some of them are so good. I am so envious of your road trip.

I just made a blueberry cheese Danish that should be coming out of the oven in about 3 minutes. I used the blueberries I got from the Farmer's Market and I have no idea how this will turn out. But knowing my cooking, I'm always just happy if it's edible.

OK, just took the Danish out of the oven. It was supposed to bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes. I left it in for just 15 minutes and the whole thing is dark golden brown and a little burnt on the bottom. I forgot my oven bakes a little hot. I also found out that I should let things cool before diving in and trying to eat them. But even with a burnt tongue and a burnt Danish, it's heavenly. Of course, I'm dropping hot blueberries and cream cheese all over the place. Did you guys know that blueberries stain?!?

Edited by rodentraiser

...Did you guys know that blueberries stain?!?

Yes, but are they ever yummy!  One of the major items of lagniappe we found when we bought the house we're in now is all the high bush blueberries growing all over the wooded part of our lot.

Yum .... I'm a fresh fruit-aholic. Summer fruits are SO yummy!!! I made peach crisp (freshly picked) and 2 dozen eggs (straight from the farm) into deviled eggs for a family picnic this weekend and they were devoured in no time flat! 

This week will be a tough one for me.... today we learned that sometime earlier Sunday morning one of my dear Uncles fell and broke his hip.  He was in bad health and in a home suffering from Alzheimer's.  The break was severe - his body apparently went into shock and his systems just shut down.  He was gone by early Sunday evening.  On Saturday we learned that my Aunt, who had been in the hospital since Thursday with a bowel blockage, was being sent home with hospice care. Her health was too bad for surgery, so she wanted to go home to spend her last days.  We may have two funerals for this side of the family in a single week.  :(    My mind goes back to my childhood....huge family gatherings full of tables laden with PA Dutch cooking, tons of cousins and laughing Aunts and Uncles......   Prayers of peace and comfort to their families.

I hate painting. So guess what I'm doing this 'Labor' Day weekend? Yes, painting. My daughter has a 12 yr old daughter, a 2yr old son, and expecting another little one in January. The 12yr old, Hannah, is getting a room makeover. I love neutral walls so I can change themes without having to paint. I hate painting. But I love my family lol. Hannahs room is a bold green (which I painted for her about 5 years ago, color chosen by Hannah and approved by her mom). Yesterday it got taped off and primed. Its a small room and we had to work around the large pieces which took so much time. I thought I was getting payback on Hannah by making her learn how to spackle. Oh how a childs mind works. She loved it along with learning to use a roller. I have a severe sinus infection too so it was a physically horrible day. Today their dad is taking the kids out of the house for the day so we can finish. I persuaded my DH to come and help me. He is so willing but honestly so clumsy that he may get fired pretty quickly. He is not going to fit very well in the tight space. The paint choice is Gray, which at least is in the neutral family. Thanks, y'all for providing a neat place to vent. I DID START WORKING ON A MINI-MINI PROJECT SATURDAY WHILE I WAS WAITING ON THEM TO GET HOME. I WILL SHARE IT LATER UNLESS I'M TOO EMBARRASSED. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day holiday today. I hate painting.

I hate painting. So guess what I'm doing this 'Labor' Day weekend? Yes, painting. ..... Hope everyone has a great Labor Day holiday today. I hate painting.

Oh Sue, i wish Twinkle and I were close by. We'd be right there to give you a hand or do it for you. Twinkle is a great painter, sander, and spackler. She's also fabulous at taking off wallpaper borders and clean up. 

We love painting RL rooms. Part of her summer job this year was exterior RL painting so now she has another style under her belt. We have harsh weather and something always needs repainting outdoors.

We love to do feature walls. She has zigzag angled stripes in various shades of teals on a cream base in her room for her feature. I did a grass green football gridiron on Fireboy's small feature wall last summer. We even have begun feature walls in our freshly repainted outdoor play structure. Wisteria did a flower power theme on hers. Fireboy is going for Medieval on his - swords and crests and shields and such. 

Seriously, we would be over in a heartbeat if we could. :dog:

Good luck. Bet it will be wonderful.

Go Sue!  :cheer:

Oh, Jackie, I am so sorry. <hugs>

And Sue, I'm sorry for you too, but what a sweet grandma to do that!

We got our 2 renovated rooms repainted earlier this spring, so at least that's done. But we are still working on trim and doors for the rest of downstairs.

Saturday we had to replace some rotted wood on the outside door trim and remove and redo the caulking. Yesterday my husband painted that (in the direct 85* sun), and I stayed inside and painted some doors. I do not plan to paint today.

Today is the last day of Dragon Con. So we have to take and then pickup Brennen in Atlanta.

Yes, but are they ever yummy!  One of the major items of lagniappe we found when we bought the house we're in now is all the high bush blueberries growing all over the wooded part of our lot.

*considering living with Holly again*

Guys, this recipe is so easy and to die for. So I'm posting the link to it.

http://www.centercutcook.com/easy-braided-cherry-cheese-danish/

I have made that!  Another nummy thing I've done with crescent roll dough is to lay the sections out slightly overlapping the stumpy ends in a starburst, hitting the middle with a rolling pin to squish the 'seams" together, and filling it (last time was with leftover roast chicken & mixed veggies, but I've done it with scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, bacon and diced cooked taters.  fold the long points back over the filling and put it on a baking pan and bake it per package directions for the crescent roll dough.  I also use crescent roll dough to make pigs in blankets with  chicken andouille sausage.

Back home again afte two days wayyyy up North in Sweden, ie Umeaa (Umeå) at the University there for the first/kick off of the second quarter of Masters Degree in Pedagogical Leadership. Great input, and a sense of "wheeeee" whatever did I get myself into... Very rewarding though all in all so just kidding really about the wheeeee, atleast sort of LOL.

en tomorrow we are off for a two day conference with all principals and kindergarten leaders as well as the politicians involved  in the Municipal in school matters... Back home again come Friday so just back home oer night, saying hi to hubby, repacking suitcase and ready to hop along brigt and early in the morning as it is over an hour's drive to the conference centre.

(this time as we aren't flying I am packing the book on making miniature wicker as a night time read)

Hugs

• Like 1

You are a busy lady, Anna!   I kind of miss all that kind of "educational" activities.  School started here about a month ago and I always feel a little nostalgic about not starting the school year.  On the other hand...........
I am busy trying to find materials to make my prim dolls.  My current foray away from dollhouses.  Who would have thought that it would be so difficult to find yarn for hair???
My antique Walmart has decided to discontinue what little bit of crafts and yarn that they always carried.  Boo hoo!  

Beautiful day here in Northern New Mexico, sunny, 84, breezy......13 % humidity....who could ask for more?

Somehow another vintage Santa followed me home today.   I had lost my huge Santa collection and now I have three news ones collected since last year.  I am happy!  :)

• Like 1

... But today is a nice day, not too hot, not too cold, with the sun out, the wind gently blowing, the blackberry festival going on downtown with the result that people are parking in trees (and one guy parked across the alley under my window - wait'll the cops see that one!), and for some strange reason, planes are flying around the Sound. So far I've seen a formation of five and a couple old war planes make a loop. Interesting.

Kelly, you're that close and you didn't come on down to Blackberry Festival?  I worked it all three days - not much traffic on Sunday due to the wet weather. I think the planes were showing off for the Festival. Fun to watch them. 

Well, the Blackberry Festival was the end of a 7-event run for me, starting in July I've done 6 county fairs, and then the festival, in a row.  Starting to feel tired!  And tomorrow I go move into a hotel and then work the first four days of our State Fair in Puyallup. I work bell-to-bell, and Friday and Saturday are each 14 hours; Sunday is 13 hours, and Monday is only 12 hours. I'll have 2 days off, then go back at it again. But I only have the hotel for those first 4 days, then I will be adding a 3-hour round-trip commute to the daily schedule.  Is it October yet?  I get to sleep in October! 

Minis are on the back burner for awhile.