What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm helping my dad work on a project for a friend; he's making an outdoor sink bench for potting and other garden work. She found a really cool vintage cast iron sink on ebay. I am now on Pinterest so I can look at design she likes so we can come up with what she wants while we wait for the sink to get here. Not really sure how much I will use the site otherwise. Is anyone here on it and if so how do you like it?

• Like 1

I caved and joined Pinterest a couple months ago but have all my albums set to private - in other words just for me. I have some shared folders that my sister and I put things in to share with just each other. We set our permissions to do that. It's a fun way for us since we are long distance sisters. 

It's a great time waster if you're not careful though. 

• Like 1

Thanks to the generosity of a lovely retired couple in New Hampshire my son has a place to sleep while working 12 hour days, 7 days per week until February on a presidential campaign. A big HOORAY to those people who volunteer their homes for supporter housing!

• Like 1

For the first time in the nearly two years since my pacer battery began to poop out we went paddling!  We took our tandem (a Nekki Wilderness) and went up the Styx River as far a we could go, to the first major log jam just below I-10, about a mile and a half farther than we'd ben able to paddle before.  The smaller log jams had been cleared; the large one won't, since it's habitat for several families of water moccasins (paddlers don't portage around it, either).  The weather was glorious and the river is full of happy mullet jumping and leaping.  I am incredibly sore all over, but it was so much  FUN!  One of my favorite parts of a paddle is the lunch stop, and go it in the river up to my waist or chin in the water and cool off; and a the wet clothes dry it; cool all the way back to the take out.  The other part I like is coming, since I'm too tired & sore to cook

• Like 2

I'm helping my dad work on a project for a friend; he's making an outdoor sink bench for potting and other garden work. She found a really cool vintage cast iron sink on ebay. I am now on Pinterest so I can look at design she likes so we can come up with what she wants while we wait for the sink to get here. Not really sure how much I will use the site otherwise. Is anyone here on it and if so how do you like it?

I'm a Pinterest addict. I use it to bookmark recipes I like &/or want to try. I save tutorials, shops, and inspiration picks for miniatures and my real house. It's basically keepng track of things I want to remember: quotes, articles to reread, things that make me laugh, parenting advice, homeschooling resources, etc. And I share geeky things for my friends. One non-geeky friend has a board titled "For my geeky friends". :) I do have a private board with inspiration pics for the HBS miniatures contest that I'll likely delete once that project is done and a board for the wedding cake I was supposed to make/may still make someday if the wedding is ever back on, so the bride, her mom, and I can share ideas.

Oh Marla!  Ouch!  Been there!  Hope the dentist got you all taken care of and that you will be feeling better soon!

Thanks. The pain wasn't the screaming pain I was expecting, just a lot of throbbing. Mom said she could tell by looking at me that it hurt though. I go back tomorrow to have them check the medicine pack-stuff they have in it.

Holly, I can hear how happy you are through your post :) I'm so glad you get to do something you enjoy so much again.

Marla, I feel your pain...hate going to the dentist.

Still not too sure about Pinterest....I am chapchap73 on there if anyone wants to look me up.  This forum will always be my first love:flowers:

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I like Pinterest.  there are interesting items but when I receive a weekly post, some contain over 1,000 board entries.  Who has time to look through each individual entry and many of them I've seen before on someone else's board.  Don't get me started on the duplicates on the same board. 

I'm not sure if I like Pinterest.  there are interesting items but when I receive a weekly post, some contain over 1,000 board entries.  Who has time to look through each individual entry and many of them I've seen before on someone else's board.  Don't get me started on the duplicates on the same board. 

I don't get any weekly things. That would drive me nuts! Probably b'cuz I only use it with Private/Secret albums of my own selections.

When I can't sleep I used to peruse the albums here on GL but since that has gotten too difficult to wrap my head around, I poke around Pinterest instead just pinning/saving what I like but not following anyone or having anyone follow me.

Probably not utilizing it efficiently or effectively but it works for me.

When I can't sleep I used to peruse the albums here on GL but since that has gotten too difficult to wrap my head around, I poke around Pinterest instead just pinning/saving what I like...

Selkie, this describes my status exactly! I'm looking at Pinterest and Blogs more. I keep hoping they are not through with the site:-((  Have you noticed there are not as many new members since the 'upgrade'. I understand we have to keep technically updated; It just feels like we are missing an old friend.

Selkie, this describes my status exactly! I'm looking at Pinterest and Blogs more. I keep hoping they are not through with the site:-((  Have you noticed there are not as many new members since the 'upgrade'. I understand we have to keep technically updated; It just feels like we are missing an old friend.

Exactly !!!!!! Perfect illustration - old friend. I've been hanging around GL since way before my join date of 1/08. I was a longtime lurker.

I miss the joy of the artists being able to share and enjoy each others art. Eye candy is what we are all about here since we can't just run next door or across town to have coffee and collaborate with each other. 

Sigh .... I'm really trying hard to stay optimistic but sadly I'm beginning to lose hope that we'll ever be back to that joy again. 

• Like 1

I've been here since before 2005, when the original forum didn't have galleries or blogs (or the original chat room), and we were a tiny bunch of chatters.  I'm a lousy photographer and never had an account with any of the web photo sites, so this was the only place I posted the few pictures I took (mostly for the team building blogs).  I get weekly emails from Pinterest that rarely have more than eight or ten boards for me to check out, and I only bookmark those that have how to links that interest me, and I delete the rest.  I don't have a personal board and I don't pin anything.

I have making some rag dolls for a change of pace.   I made a scarecrow, a witch and a raggedy ann type doll.  I haven't made doll in years and years so it was fun to play.  Here's Scaredy & Crow

Scardy&Crow.JPG

Edited by Roxxie2
Add a comment
  • Like 3

I gave myself permission to go on Pinterest and promised to myself I would not get addicted to it. 

that was months ago.

since then I have broken my promise and have been on Pinterest on a daily base, for more hours than I would like to admit. I love it! 

So many minis, so many mini tuts, so many inspiring ideas for all my other interests/hobbies..

I have collected a lot of pins, but frankly don't have the time to read them all. 

But that is okay, I'll do that the next time I have the flue or something like that.

I never get mails from pinterest, but maybe you can choose for that in your preferences or profile?