What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Happy Anniversary Sarah!  :D

You may have seen the photos I posted of the Music Room Box I had upgraded over the weekend...a friend of ours had asked to display a couple of my room boxes during her concert.  DD called last evening to say how much everyone in attendance was just in awe of my little vignettes, and that she could have passed out about 50 business cards!  :blush:   I am honored, I responded, but I don't want any more business!  LOL

In other news......  "ouch" is my word for today.   :cry:

• Like 2

Mover here today, waiting for his estimate. Have a mover take our boxes and let skilled hands do all of the heavy lifting or drive a U-Haul and have to rely on untrained labor or do the heavy lifting ourselves at both ends, that is the question. I'm all for letting the mover do it and chalking the extra expense up to a present to me for honcho-ing this move.

Called a high end antique shop in Arrow Rock;  she's coming over to see what she can cherry pick before the estate sale. Spent the morning moving packed boxes out of the living room into the dining room for picture taking, then moving the boxes and other miscellaneous stuff out of the dining room for picture taking, and then tidying up the master bedroom for picture taking. The Realtor is planning to come take photos for the website and advertising next Tuesday, but by then all the rooms will have a share of boxes and general disarray -- not what I want potential buyers to see.

The wallpaper/decorator lady is coming tomorrow to start minor paint & repair projects. When she gets the master bath wallpaper up and the medicine cabinet mounted above the sink next week, THEN I'll take pictures of it. The Realtor was snapping photos of the bathroom with the towels draped weird places because the towel racks are down, blotchy primed walls, stuff crammed on the vanity because there isn't a medicine cabinet -- what WAS she thinking? I stopped her and told her that posting such a dreadful picture was enough for me to cancel her listing contract!

I'll be sooooo glad when this move is over!

• Like 1

All I wanted was a new garage door and opener. The new door will meet hurricane code and save me some money on my windstorm insurance. Easy right? The electrician just explained to me that when I try to sell my house, I'm going to have to get a new circuit breaker box because mine is vintage 1973 and is considered dangerous. But the washer and dryer are too close to the panel so all the plumbing and electrical will have to be moved and a wider concrete pad will have to be installed. And the water heater is in the way so that will have to be moved too. Im sure the domino affect will continue from there. I'm reminded of the children's book, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie"

Kathie, in most states it's almost impossible to cancel a listing contract. Once you've signed it they've got you hook line and sinker for the entire length of the contract. You can use another broker but you will still have to pay the original one her fee.

Kathie, in most states it's almost impossible to cancel a listing contract. Once you've signed it they've got you hook line and sinker for the entire length of the contract. You can use another broker but you will still have to pay the original one her fee.

I know, Sable. My threat was a hollow one. I was just trying to make a point that I wasn't going to stand for pictures that showed the house in a bad light.

Meanwhile, I've been staging one room at a time, taking photos, and sending them to the Realtor. We're both pleased. :)

I just hope the realtor handling our old house has taken new pictures since the contractor has finished up.  At lest she does take good pictures.

It was time to change out the little scene we set up on the black glass shelf beneath the clear glass top of our dining table, and DH decided he wanted me to set up dining scenes using the two 1:12 dining tables and chairs I've made, with some of the accessories.  I put the little fridge I just finished in the middle.  I might go ahead and dig out some of my little folk to sit in the chairs, later.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!    Its been a while since I stopped in to what's going on in here.  I have been very sick with my IC condition that started up a couple weeks ago.  It makes me so fatigued all I want to do it sleep.   Anyway,  I am going to look around and read all the news that I missed.  :)

Welcome home, Roxy.  I've been wondering where you were.  Yesterday I dressed Farmer John's wife, Mary, and their hired girl, Camilla, so at least until I get to their dresses they have underwer!  Poor Farmer John's second set of longjohns seem to be taking me forever!

• Like 1

I'm obsessing over this RL house in Vero Beach. It has a separate outbuilding for my workshop. I'm going to go see it later this week.

http://tours.obeo.com/unbranded?tourID=997166&ver=0.0.003

Are you obsessed for trying to move there yourself or using it as a model/inspiration for building a new miniature?

Thanks Hol and Debra!    I have some chores to catch up on here after sitting around being too tired to do anything then maybe something will inspire me to start some kind of project.  I ordered an old pattern from 1988 of a wall hanging quilt with dolls ( Navajo and Pueblo ) I thought I might like to try my hand at.   I am not a great sewer but I can give it a try.  

We cancelled our vacation to California until I get better,  traveling would be a nightmare for me at the moment.  I am kind of disappointed about the vacation but it is what it is.  A trip to Santa Fe Hobby Lobby would cheer me up considerably!  :D

Here's a pretty poor picture of the pattern that I ordered from Amazon this week.  I haven't made dolls in a long time. 

post-26465-0-54637100-1430234857_thumb.j

holly, I've got to see it first. Appointment on Thursday. Only problem with this house is that it's still in FL. I really want a lake house in Maine or someplace with cool summers. But family is here in Fl. Just trying to figure out where we are going to live out the rest of our lives. And it has to have a hobby outbuilding with AC and Heat!

Always fun to go house-hunting. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you have been there.

As for me, I am going to Stockholm inmthe morning for a one day conference at the National Board for Education, will be intersting as it concerns questions very close to my heart.

Hugs

I did a bit of weeding with a hoe in the front yard this morning. Need to get the ground broken up to plant flowers to make the entrance incredibly welcoming. This afternoon I'm staging the basement family room for realtor photos. This is the room that became the catch-all when the girls left several years ago. Have carried several boxes of books from the basement to the ground floor library -- putting all of my Civil War books in one place. So far they're filling about 7 feet of shelf space. Am trying to group books by topic to make it easier for potential buyers.

I have to pace myself. Visiting Greenleaf during this sit-down break. :D

• Like 1

I stained pieces of the lingerie chest kit I'm preparing to build and began to glue up one of the drawers.  I finished the little table radio and glued the second side onto the kitchen shelf.  I cut out and stained the pieces for the baby's rocking cradle.  I have dressed the baby, although I may have to figure something else for its wardrobe, since the outfit is for  jointed baby and the one that came in the lot of 1:12 Barbies isn't jointed.

Glad to have you back Roxy!  Hope you are feeling better soon!

DH and I took my dad to the hospital on Monday evening.  After his heart attack last year he continues to have issues with fluid building up in his lungs.  He had lost considerable weight, so the fluid build up kinda snuck up on him.  I can tell you that although my parents had good intentions, they really don't quite 'get' this whole low-salt diet thing.  I witnessed that first hand plenty of times, and again when we visited them this winter while they were in Florida.  *sigh*

Anywho- he is doing ok. We've come to understand that this will probably be a common occurrence - having to go into the hospital for a few days on occasion to get excessive fluid taken off his lungs.  "Kind of like taking your car in for an oil change" my daughter says.  :)   The IV meds seemed to be working, and he is hoping to be home by Friday.

Now we just have to keep my mother's anxiety level from going through the roof!  *sigh*

Our thoughts are with you too. Caring for aging parents is a tough business. Hope your dad will learn some ways to help himself more efficiently.

We've done that for 3 plus some childless relatives and still have one more that we're still helping.

Of course, now I am beginning to realize that I'm slowly but surely becoming an aging parent bit by bit by bit .... Yikes how did this happen?

This whole winter's worth of needing help has been a real eye opener to me from the other side of the fence. boo hiss ~ don't want to go there at all!!