What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

"something green"  I had to chuckle. I swear no restaurant menu in the South is complete without overcooked canned green beans with bits of bacon or ham. Although sometimes they're more gray than green. :D

• Like 1

I judge Chinese buffet restaurants by the color, texture and flavor of their green beans, which are almost always, bright green, crisp, crunchy and cooked to perfection!  Thank you for sharing the links, Cynthia.

Absolutely gorgeous art, everyone! ....... Everyone picked a different favorite painting: My dad liked one called "hilltop walk", my mom liked one called "the hilltop" and I liked one called "Betty Newell", but it was hard to pick just one favorite. They only had one of the paintings I liked as a postcard in the gift shop, so when I saw the price of the exhibit catalog for under $30, I bought that. Now I can flip through and it's just like being back there again! Links to everyone's favorite pictures, in reverse order, are: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Charles_Courtney_Curran_-_Betty_Newell.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maqimz1PZ61qb5e7io1_500.jpg   http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/display_image.php?id=514778

Oh, my, these are lovely choices. Sounds like my kind of perfect day (well, except for the rainy drive and the green unknown food).

I find it so relaxing to stroll about a museum and drink in all the wonderful colors and textures and sights to see.

It is something so many folks miss out on - I mean the joy of it - because they choose not to go or they haven't gone with someone who can transform it from a stuffy elementary school class trip with a crotchety old teacher who ruined it into a magical world of color and light and beauty.

My day began with a colonoscopy. It's got to go uphill from here. :)

You need a :hug:! 

I started cleaning house today (too many projects got going and DS#3 is due to come for June), did three rooms and I was done!  Hopefully I can finish before Thursday; I am very disgusted with the delay over the new pacer battery.

I know i'm about 2 pages late- but big {{HUG}} to Deb!!  SO glad to have you back!    :D

As for me- well, Friday was my 33rd wedding anniversary.  :D   On Thursday evening my parents had us over for dinner- and had invited some "surprise guests" - aka my kids.  LOL  Friday nite hubby and I decided that we wanted 'quantity' over 'fancy' so we ended up at Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  And had the most wonderful steaks we've had in years!  Yum!

Saturday morning we sat out on our deck with our cat, Max, and ate fresh asparagus quiche and sticky buns for breakfast.  :)   Later in the afternoon while he went fishing, I worked on my little room box project.

Sunday afternoon our Sunday School class took a trip to our local botanical gardens - Longwood Gardens near Philly- to see the tulips.  Well, the tulips were about 2 weeks late due to our looooooonng winter, but the conservatory was absolutely stunning as always!   It was SO good to see flowers again!

This week I am beginning therapy for my stupid back.  The one large muscle has been seized since I fell on the ice in January.  Ah the joys of having a Fibro body that over-reacts to everything!  I have felt some relief since being on the week of Prednisone, but hoping that the PT will kick it to the curb.  It was a little disappointing to have to tour the gardens from a wheelchair, but ah well- as long as hubby wasn't complaining about being my driver....

post-5285-0-23043700-1429558666_thumb.jp

post-5285-0-57420400-1429558667_thumb.jp

My day began with a colonoscopy. It's got to go uphill from here. :)

Sorry that was on your to do list today. No fun at all. Actually I think the prep is worse than the event these days with the meds they use now. It used to be a marathon torture event.

Thanks for the hydrangeas, Jackie I miss mine from our old house, especially since the ones in the stupa garden were blue, but the cuttings I planted next to the front porch bloomed mostly pink.

...Friday was my 33rd wedding anniversary.  :D

Sunday afternoon our Sunday School class took a trip to our local botanical gardens - Longwood Gardens near Philly- to see the tulips.  Well, the tulips were about 2 weeks late due to our looooooonng winter, but the conservatory was absolutely stunning as always!   It was SO good to see flowers again!

This week I am beginning therapy for my stupid back.  The one large muscle has been seized since I fell on the ice in January.  Ah the joys of having a Fibro body that over-reacts to everything!  I have felt some relief since being on the week of Prednisone, but hoping that the PT will kick it to the curb.  It was a little disappointing to have to tour the gardens from a wheelchair, but ah well- as long as hubby wasn't complaining about being my driver....

Happy anniversary!

Those hydrangeas are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the pics.

Aren't fibro-hubbies amazing? Of course he wouldn't complain, between the beautiful scenery and the good company. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the hydrangeas, Jackie I miss mine from our old house, especially since the ones in the stupa garden were blue, but the cuttings I planted next to the front porch bloomed mostly pink.

Hydrangeas change color based on the pH level of your soil. The more alkaline the soil, the pinker the flowers. To make pink hydrangeas turn blue(or to keep your blue ones from turning pink), increase the acidity of your soil.

See how to test your soil and amend it here.

Hydrangeas do that because they contain phenolphthalein, the other stuff we played with in chemistry class besides litmus paper.  When I noticed the difference in the blossoms colors I knew the soil by the porch had a lower pH than that in the side yard.  I like blue hydrangeas and pink hydrangeas, but ours sometimes went lavender, too.

Hydrangeas do that because they contain phenolphthalein, the other stuff we played with in chemistry class besides litmus paper.  When I noticed the difference in the blossoms colors I knew the soil by the porch had a lower pH than that in the side yard.  I like blue hydrangeas and pink hydrangeas, but ours sometimes went lavender, too.

I've seen that around where I live too- that sometimes they turn lavender.   It was so wonderful to see them SO blue - I had really missed hydrangeas because last summer there were hardly any blooming in our area.  Apparently the harsh & long winter had pretty much damaged the entire county's hydrangea crop - -well, at least the ones with the round bloom heads.  We only had the white cone-shaped ones survive.  We've had another bad winter, so we'll see how the county's hydrangeas do this year....

Gorgeous photos, Jackie. I love those daisy(?) bushes/topiaries! I might have to make a few of those for one of my builds.

The Texas Miniature Showcase is next week, so I'm busy getting the house ready for guests and generally doing things I've been putting off for months (ha, as soon as I typed that, I realized some could think that means I'm working on Whitebrush Manor, but... not yet). Ah well. It's all fun and I'll get back to mini-ing when things settle down.

Spring Fair is over for another year!  What a marathon!  In four days I worked 44 hours plus 9 hours of commuting time; getting six hours of sleep a night, or less.  Glad that show is only four days!  

The Bonsai Society always has a corner of that show and I spent some time drooling, I mean admiring.  Such incredible trees and so perfect for mini houses!  But I've had two of them in days of yore and neither survived very long. I'll have to stick with the silk plants. The had one tree there with little red berries on it - could have made a wonderful miniature apple tree!

My cousins and I are starting a Cousins' Support Group, and six of us met today for lunch. All of us are facing failing mothers (fathers have all died) and we are getting together to share ideas and frustrations and just be there for each other. The oldest of our cousins was there with her husband, and they have already walked this road with three of their parents. Both sets of their parents are now gone. Other times when there are family group gatherings, we are all looking after our mothers, making sure they are comfortable and have enough food, and sometimes there are children and grandchildren to care for, too. This time it was just us - no parents, no kids, and only pictures of grandkids :)  We had a great time, and will definitely be doing this again!

• Like 2

Another small round of furniture moving took place here last night.  I had my DH and DS#1 bring my exercise bike downstairs to set up in the corner of our living room.  It is not the most aesthetically pleasing location, but I'm hoping getting it where it's more accessible helps me use it more.  I picked up a little weight over the winter with not being able to get out and walk around because of all the snow and ice we had. My sweet DH thinks I look great, but I know I'll feel better if I can get rid of that extra 7 or 8 pounds.

Today is our 20th wedding anniversary! It just doesn't seem possible; the years have flown by so quickly :)

• Like 4

Our exercise bike is right in the corner of the family/tv/room/man cave. We leave it there so we have no excuses - well, except laziness of course. It's the one thing I can do right now following my 2 total knee this year. It really helps with pain relief believe it or not.