What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I must have missed a post, Kathie- you're selling one of your houses?

I got the eye exam over with (well, at least most of it) today.  I don't need a seeing eye dog yet, but I'm getting there.  I was also able to get some lab work done for my two new "bundles of joy" growing in my kidney while I was there.  My DW had an a.m. class at the community college and an appointment at the main medical center, so we met at the cafeteria for lunch before heading back to pick up the kids.  It isn't very often we get to share a relatively quiet meal together.  My vision didn't improve until 4, so it was a good idea to take the entire day off.

Thank you, am taking it easy on the right arm, keeping a support for it and will follow doc's orders as best I can... Gear shifting into reverse is a pain, so trying to plan the parking ;), hubby helped with the hair dryer this morning, tink I could get used to that kind of pampering in the mornings LOL

fingers are less swolen today I notice on the rings I have on the right hand.

Hugs

I must have missed a post, Kathie- you're selling one of your houses?

Yes, Jeremy ... the house in Missouri. We're downsizing to the New Orleans condo. No more racing up and down the country every 6 months.

Anna, hope it doesn't take too long for your arm to heal. I can't imagine the challenges involved in flying with one wing.

Jeremy - your comments about oranges reminded of me of when we lived in Florida in a 10-acre orange grove. Kind of gets a person spoiled! DH would go bring in a bunch of oranges and make us fresh juice whenever we wanted it. When we were preparing to move back to the west coast, my aunt flew down from WA to help us pack. She loved the oranges, and delighted in picking them fresh off the tree.(She happened to get there when they were ripe)  Once she had a peeled and sectioned orange on the plate on the counter, and would nibble as she worked.  I noticed there was about a quarter of it left, that had been sitting there for about 30 minutes, so I called over to her to ask if she still wanted it.  She came and looked at it, studied it a moment, and then said, "No, this one's getting old.  I think I'll go get a fresh one!"   :roflmao:

• Like 1

One of the things I despise about my cholesterol issues is being unable to eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice any more (it's hepatotoxic since I'm on statins).  Growing up in West Palm Beach we had a grapefruit tree in our back yard as well as a lemon tree beside the back door (fresh lemons for lemonade or zest for garnishes).

• Like 1

I'm pulling together decor to host two tables at a womens event next week. Each table host provides the decor, dishes, dessert, and guest favors. Really busy at work and t.i.r.e.d. when I get home. Two of my grandchildren, ages 12 and 5, are spending tomorrow night with me. I'm sure hoping I can do heavy yard work Saturday and Sunday. Rain, rain, and rain has put me about a month behind in yard grooming and planting. Sweet news is my mini house is move in ready!!!! I hope to have time to play with the interior this weekend and take final pics.

So which house is next?

Holly I think it will be an Orchid. I promised Hannah, my 12 yr old grand, that she could use her love of Dr.Who influence. I had purchased the kit before I even started the Primrose but it stayed silent in its box, if you know what I mean:-)) and now we are beginning to hear its whispers. Last week I ordered the little Greenleaf spring fling tea house (Deb made her love shack from this kit) I would love to work on both kits at the same time. Brimbles is still on my radar. I wish I had added a craft room to my house because I havent seen my kitchen table uncovered since Christmas.

• Like 1

A child was just found after being missing since last night. We've had helicopters hovering our house for two hours. All the intersections had multiple police and fire trucks. They stopped me to briefly look into my car. A bloodhound tracking dog went down the street and stopped at every mailbox to smell all the neighbor's dog's smell, not sure how helpful the bloodhound was. So thankfully she has been found and they are not releasing where she has been, but it made an interesting morning.

• Like 2

We loaded our pickup truck and a helper's with everything needed for this year's jazz fest and got it all delivered and unloaded.  Ever since the second year we did transport and there was no one but DH & me to load and unload we have had plenty of volunteers to help (the people who could do something about it noticed!).

I was delighted to hear about the finding of the lost child, safe & sound; so many similar stories seem to end badly.

• Like 1

Since the weather has been just as predicted, sunny and warm-ish we have scrubbed the patio and will now take out a couple of chairs to enjoy the sun for a while. Hubby has also done the first for the season mowing of the lawn, feels very spring-llike indeed! i can se a nice BBQ this evening...

Hugs

We had our first BBQ over the weekend. Just a grilled steak and salad, but it was so nice not to have to dirty up the entire kitchen! 

I've been feeling a little like my MS wants to act up for a couple of days. Hoping it decides to calm down and go away; I don't want to spend any time in hospital hooked to a steroid drip :(

We finally got everything from Jazz Fest unloaded yesterday, once more with lots of good help.  There are several nice eateries in the same building as the Jazz Society's offices, so afterwards a bunch of us hit one of them that's open for lunch.  One of our friends was on her way to the doctor to be tested to see if she's a match for her brother, who will need blood and bone marrow.

Afterwards we had to go to the bank, and ran into another JSOP friend eating lunch just cross the street.  We got home just as the heavens opened up.  Rain is in the forecast for the rest of the week.

I finished off the longjohn sleeves and blocked the pieces and now I'm sewing the sleeves in, and then it will be time to sew everything together sew on the eensy buttons, and dress Farmer John.

I'm back again from the world beneath the internet......aka: bed.  The new pain doc was another dead end; another diagnosis of "some kind of spondylitis form of Rheumatoid Arthritis" but no positive blood test to back it up so no chance of treatment.  That's old news from at least a dozen doctors before him but still somewhat daunting.  Another pronouncement of a need for stronger drugs which I've been fighting against for several years and still don't accept as a reasonable solution.  I don't want heavy narcotics and addictive muscle relaxers when I still feel that those are a cop out to treat symptoms instead of finding the actual cause for it all.  So that was a bust except for the fact that I got cortisone shots in my hands.   I had to pay for out patient surgery to have it done but I was desperate enough to do it.  After a couple weeks of "no computer" while the cortisone worked it's way thru the tissue, I was able to feel my fingers again so that's something.  The new GP who showed promise moved away so the NP in the practice is taking on her patients.  I'm on some shaky ground here with only a nurse practitioner to replace all the special-ologists that made up my medical team in Denver but such is life.  One step forward and two steps back mean that you're doing the tango!  At least the NP can run the bloodwork and keep prescribing the meds I need for now.

The reason I've been gone so long is that I got hit with the mutant influenza the CDC is warning about.  It caught them sleeping and wasn't even a part of the vaccine this year.  Not that I get flu shots.  The only perk to having a psychotic, overachieving auto-immune system is that I never get colds or flus except about every ten or fifteen years when there's a severe mutation of the H_N_ or H_A_ influenza virus that kicks my butt hard.  This one did and if I'd gone to the dr when it was at it's worst, I'd probably have ended up in the hospital again.  I waited til it was subsiding and then went to make sure I didn't have pneumonia which I don't.  Yay.  It's been a little over a month and I'm just now reaching the point of being able to sit up for any length of time.  I'm pushing to regain strength and it's not coming back as well as I'd like so I keep reminding myself that it takes time and trying to be patient.  

To keep the time from becoming too oppressive, I've laid in bed listening to audio books.  I made my way thru Pern and now I'm halfway thru Sevenwaters.  Fantasy books are the best for distracting one from real life.  In the past week I've been able to take my tablet out to the patio and share the books with the hummingbirds, butterflies, and lizards for little periods of time.  Spike and the Lizard Gang all send their best to y'all.   :)   On Monday I was able to plop some moss rose plant-lets into dirt in some half barrel planters and a nifty new galvanized steel basin that I found at walmart.  The basin was pretending to be a base for an iced tea urn but I liberated it and gave it new life as a planter which looks excellent alongside two varied sizes of steel buckets holding spearmint and samba plants.  In my little world, moss rose is always planted in a basin or barrel or bucket.  It was one of the first plants I learned to grow and my mother had given me an old chipped, white enamel wash basin for them.  I don't know what happened to that wash basin but I'd give my eye teeth and toenails to have it now!  You can't find one of those things anymore and if you do, you have to pay a small fortune or arm wrestle a hipster for it.  LOL!   Anyway, life goes on and I'm working my way back.  At the moment I'm ready to return to bed for the rest of the day but I'll try to be around more later to answer PMs and catch up on what everyone has been doing. 

I missed you guys!!!  Group hug?

• Like 4

Yeah!!

Clearing throat .... (Now join in singing to the tune of "my boy friends back")

< Oh Deb is back and she's gonna be

fi-i-ine .... Oooo la de da ~ la de da >

Repeat ...

• Like 2

Hey ya Deb!!!  I'm singing along with Selkie and the skellies are all swaying in the background doing the do wop.  The skellies carnival ride video is under "Lights, Camera, Action" in General mini talk--might make you smile.  I have missed you too! Figured it was Dr. related.  I'll be praying for you as you recover from their "treatment" yet again.  Hang in there Deb, we love you!!

Deb. sorry for what you've bee through but so glad to see you back. Fingers crossed for continued improvement.

Today should be the last day spent doing triage in the office/library (recycle/sell/take to NOLA). One major file drawer to empty. Should be interesting. I don't think I've opened this drawer in at least 3 or 4 years.

Drove to Sedalia (30 miles one way) today for L's monthly blood test. When we drove that road ten days ago, it seemed as if none of the trees were waking up. Today the redbuds are in full bloom and the bigger trees are wearing a light green haze as their leaves unfurl. Spring is springing here in the Heartland.

• Like 1