What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I just had to share a bit of silliness,if y'all will indulge me! :) I've spent the last couple of days looking through the titles of old topics in Mini Talk,stopping to check out things that catch my eye while I look for topics on a specific couple of things and recuperate from overdoing it Christmas Eve.

Well,anyway,in May of 2009,around page # 269,I think,there is a General Mini Talk topic title that reads "The end is near",and the very next topic title is "Ordering From Dollhouse Heaven"! I took a big doubletake and couldn't believe what a funny coincidence that it lined up that way! The 1st topic is about someone's project progress and the other is about a dollhouse merchant,I think-2 unrelated topics. But what a crack up! Okay,maybe I've been at it too long,but I am enjoying reading things written long ago and seeing members' lovely dollhouses,dolls,and furniture,etc. that I had never seen before.

Edited by kat57
  • Like 2

Oh,wow,Jeremy! I hope you ream Kia out!! That is ridiculous! I had my own reasons for not caring for that company-never have owned their product and glad I didn't buy one,once upon a time when I wanted to.

.... I'm going after Kia Motor Corp with both barrels. I'm going to hold them to the original warranty based on the catastrophic and premature failure of their product. If they don't honor it, I will make sure everyone near and far finds out just how unreliable their cars, and incompetent their mechanics really are.

Is there a Better business bureau type organization in your area? Maybe they could help with this.

Sometimes a local TV station, newscaster, news reporter for the local newspaper who is looking for a story will take on a story like this to "right a wrong" from the big corporations. Then the big company will settle quickly and quietly to avoid more publicity.

• Like 1

Jeremy, is there someone in your DW's family who might help with the cost of a plane ticket so she can attend her sister's wedding? Is it possible to upgrade the rental to a van for the few days you'd need it to make the trip?

Kat, that is hilarious!

Kathie,

Renting a van will cost over $800, and flying one person will run a minimum of $400.

When I was 10 or 11, my entire family of six made a 2 week long road trip to Indiana in a Crown Victoria, so I know we can make it happen in the rental car we have now.

There is still hope that Kia will make this right. We know it's a long shot to get the bank to double the loan or give us the loan for a newer car, but we will find out on Monday when we talk to them. As long as we have options, I have hope.

• Like 1

Kat, that is hilarious!

Kathie,

Renting a van will cost over $800, and flying one person will run a minimum of $400.

When I was 10 or 11, my entire family of six made a 2 week long road trip to Indiana in a Crown Victoria, so I know we can make it happen in the rental car we have now.

There is still hope that Kia will make this right. We know it's a long shot to get the bank to double the loan or give us the loan for a newer car, but we will find out on Monday when we talk to them. As long as we have options, I have hope.

Jeremy,you made me think of all the cross country trips my family of 6 made in my childhood-Alabama to Sacramento,California being the 1st when I was 8. We had a brand new 1965 Ford Custom 500,which really wasn't that big,and no seatbelts in those days,but we survived a bunch of travels in that little maroon baby! Well,my parents may have been a little worse for wear... :) With a positive attitude and plenty of little books and other hands on things to occupy the babies,y'all will do great. :D

Hope all works out Jeremy!!!

As for me over here, winter has finally arrived, well below freezing (this morning -13 degrees Celsius) which gives a beautifl frost covered surroundings with a wintery blue sky and the sun showing itself.

So knitted socks are in order just becauae they are comfy ;)

Have been fiddling with the base for the lighthouse and hope to open those packs of clay in just a little while, need to take care of a few chores first though.

Hugs

I'm working on year-end stuff. Going through the schedule my boss sent me for the next 6 months, getting it all on my calendar so I don't forget anything. I was late getting Christmas greetings out to few important people - guess a New Year's greeting will be okay! My mother's 92nd birthday is the 11th of January so my cousin, aunt, and I are making plans for an open-house style party for her. Just finished printing and preparing to mail the invitations on Monday, after I get one more address. Must plan the menu, order the cake from Costco, buy balloons to put on the mailbox - and CLEAN THE HOUSE! All Christmas decos have to be removed, packed, and returned to the attic. Dollhouse has to go back on the window bench. Dollhouserie supplies have to be put away. There will be about 20 people, and my aunt and cousin are staying overnight to help.

I'm giving back to my cousin the dollhouse she got for me awhile ago, the Country Victorian.

She now has her own house, no more apartments or sharing a house with roommates, so she's interested in having it herself. I have not had any time to work on it and would rather put my energy into the Federal Manor. But that nice big Victorian has become a handy place to stash a few things, like my glue guns, wood scraps, and such so I have to empty that out. too, so she can pack it up to take home with her.

All that planning is making me tired - it's almost 1:00 a.m. so I'm going to cash 'em in! Goodnight, all. :note1:

Happy Birthday Holly! My finger is more or less back to normal, which is remarkable when I look at how deep the cut was. Church this morning, then my DH's aunt is coming over for a visit. We haven't seen her for a few years so looking forward to catching up :)

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Holly. Brunch and jazz -- an unbeatable combination. :D

CJ, my theory regarding parties and house cleaning is to polish the faucets in the bathroom ('cause folks will notice) and leave the rest of the cleaning until after the party ('cause unless the dust bunnies are big enough to bite an ankle, they won't notice). Why clean twice?

Seriously, an open house kind of party seems just right for a 92-year-old. Twenty people all at the same time can be overwhelming.

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Holly!!! <wrapping my arms around you in a huge hug> I hope that you have the most wonderful of days today!

It's freezing here too Roxy. We got down to 26 last night which is totally unheard of for my part of Arizona. I've lost quite a few of my plants even tho I covered them up. It'll be a wonder if the Palo Verde trees make it. So I'm gradually hauling in my most precious plants like my black rose and stashing them in the sewing room until this bitter cold ends. I have over 80 planters in the yard so there's no way I can save them all, but there are some succulents that I've nurtured so much that I'd be heart broken if they were lost. I know that 26 doesn't sound all that cold but when you consider that it's a variation of almost 100 degrees compared to September, it's pretty darned cold.

I've been making a maternity ward for a hummingbird this morning. Maggie is very definitely pregnant and so heavy she can hardly fly. So I dug out a birdhouse, filled it with quilt batting, dusted the entrance with nectar and hung it beside her favorite feeder. She has a nest in the tree but it's so cold that I don't think the eggs will make it without a little help. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll use it or that she won't lay her eggs til after this cold spell ends next week.

• Like 3

Thank you, everybody! I told my friend Kathy as we left that she was my birthday gift. There was another birthday girl at the table next to us, but by far the best show was the family with two little twin boys and an even smaller girl that were by far among the prettiest children these tired old eyes have enjoyed since our last grandson and his sister. We ordered omlets and mine had spicy shrimp, fresh spinach and feta cheese, and the chef was feeling very generous; I'm still so full!

• Like 2

Jaden finished his 2nd 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle last night. When he got down to the last dozen pieces or so, I started humming the countdown music from Jeopardy. He may not be familiar with the show, but the feeling of an eminent deadline approaching was apparent. He was rushing to fit the final pieces, while laughing hysterically, and trying to stop me from humming the tune at the same time.

Today I helped the kids clean their room. It's mind boggling how quickly they can mess their room up to the point where you can't actually see the floor.

This afternoon I was going to run an errand, but when I tried to start my bike, it wouldn't start. The check engine light stayed on and my odometer read "Code 12". I checked all the fuses and battery connections, but nothing was loose or broken. I checked online and found that the code means the cams are out of alignment- the same problem we're having with our car. :blowup:

Several online sources indicated that the self diagnostics on the bike is programmed to assume the engine is running. It may think the timing is off, but only because it detected the ignition switch being pushed, but not the failure for the engine to turn over. I went outside and tried several more times to get the bike to crank up, and surprisingly, it finally did. Once it was running, the engine light and code turned off. I don't know if I'll have more of those incorrect engine codes in the near future, but I'm going to clean the battery connections and hook the battery up to a charger on Thursday while we get ready for our trip.

To save money, we have decided to shorten the trip. We'll leave at midnight on the 2nd, arrive in Houston on Friday evening, and depart for home early Monday morning with the rental car we have.

Starting to put Christmas away.( Sure came fast and now over) Going to tackle a 1/2" mini swap I need to make 38 of the same. It is

a mini group on Yahoo.Then, decided to make the " floor" of my village brick, so I am cutting egg cartons.That should keep me busy

for months.

:bear:

• Like 1

been so lazy when I have so much to do...we must get all the boxes all over my house broken down and stashed for the move in June

I have goodies to make for our New Years eve party in...Pixie helped me pick out party hats and noisemakers at the Dollar Tree...we shall be decked out

in full gear to bring in the new yr.. with board games and a puzzle.

and since Pixie's Birthday is Jan 5th we are leaving inside trees and village up for her friends who havent seen it will...I will take it all down Sun Jan 4th cuz the party is the 3rd thats a long time for a tree to be up

she will be 10 and I cant wait to do her party on Friday...she requested "Duff's" pink camo cake and 2 tiers....so the bottom 9 inch will be for the party and the more decorated 6 inch will be for her actual birthday. first day back to school...we are gonna balloon it up and do streamers every where...she is a loner and has few friends and knows we will be moving again so she has learned not to get close...I know that kid...I was that kid....so we make it as special as we can.

the rest of Jan is to be getting ready for feb..for our 3 birthdays and Valentines day of which we always try to do something....even at home to make it special

Happy Birthday to Holly and so glad to see all of you!

the New Year is upon us....I wish each of you all the best things in 2015 :banana:

• Like 2