What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Well the nap never happened, but the room is now full of my supplies and kits, etc. I will continue to use the round table until I get a work bench. However, having said that..................I forgot to put the splint on my ankle (which is broken) and now I am hurting big time. I can post here because my family can't read this and then yell at me LOL (and don't you all either).

No one has been in that room for over 10 years, just a store all room. I won't even begin to describe what I found. YUCK! time for another shower, it's all clean now

• Like 1

DH is home for awhile, after being gone a few months, and I just realized this morning that he has either suicidal tendencies or a death wish. How do I know?

HE PUT HIS TEA IN MY PRIZED STARBUCKS COFFEE MUG!! :yikes:

• Like 3

Definitely death wish. SHEESH!

Putting off opening and starting my bungalow. Afraid I'll wreck it and won't do a good job and it'll be yucky. Such a silly! LOL! But there it is.

Reading a new book, the first in the series of Captain Lacey, by Jennifer Ashley. Just a couple pages in and my interest is piqued. So WHY is there this HUGE hullabaloo in the square???

Trying to stay cool. It's warm here (40s) and with just a teeny bit of heat it's too much for me. Shorts and tee around the house. (I'd mess with the heat but in this duplex there's only one thermostat and it's located in the bottom unit. I keep my radiators down LOW and go with almost 100% ambient heat from below - all winter long.)

Wishing for a sunny day. It's chilly, wet and rainy today. (sad face)

Slept in late. Cuddling Puggies. Enjoying life.

14 piece Mini Sculpting Kit came today along with the book and my bungalow. I've all these wonderful tools and a HUGE learning curve staring me in the face. Oh, well. It's best to always keep learning. Keeps ya young. I'll be so tickled when I'm able to use them and actually MAKE something!

Later will watch my Monday night TV shows.

DH is home for awhile, after being gone a few months, and I just realized this morning that he has either suicidal tendencies or a death wish. How do I know?

HE PUT HIS TEA IN MY PRIZED STARBUCKS COFFEE MUG!! :yikes:

I think there may be laws against that but I'm not sure. :whack: However, you'd probably never be convicted by a jury of fellow coffee drinkers.

Lawanda, congrats on the new space! Hopefully the damage to your ankle isn't bad and you'll be back on your feet soon.

We have tons of butterflies here this time of year and they're all beautiful, but one of these floated through my yard today and it was awesome! I had to share the beauty.

Black-Blue-Butterfly-In-Flower.jpg

• Like 3

Oh,wow! I envy you,Deb-I'd give anything to see one of these beauties in person-I adore butterflies and blue is my favorite color. I'm ashamed to admit I don't know what kind it is,as I love to look at Flutterbies,but don't know many of their names! Another fun thing to go look up,I guess!:) Thanx for the joyful sight!

The blue one is a part of the morpho species I think. More common here all year round are the ghost sulphur butterflies. They range from neon green to fluorescent yellow. When I was little I used to think they were fairies. My fall blooms are flourishing right now so the whole back yard is filled with butterflies and hummingbirds. There's a pair of red-throated beauties living in a tree in the backyard. I named them Max and Maggie.

Aphrissa%20statira%20Sulphur%20KG%201122

Thanks Holly! I wasn't sure exactly what that one was and my memory stuck on morphos. At first I thought it was a mexican something-or-other (I can't remember the proper name of the species) but it had too much blue on it. It was breathtaking to watch that brilliant blue creature flittering around the yard, just doing the things that butterflies do. Hopefully he'll come back again. Today there were a whole rabble of monarchs out there enjoying my white samba which is in full bloom. I think we're on a migration path because we're getting some amazing assortments of butterflies this fall.

Beautiful butterflies!.

Rested the rest of the day after a much needed HOT shower, got 10 years of unspeakable down the drain. Put the splint on and took a nap. Bad thing is I will probably be up all night now (again). I think the swelling went down because it isn't throbbing. My bone density is really bad, so my stupidity won't help the healing process. Thanks all

You're welcome, Deb, and thank you back for the sulfur pretty. One of the attractions of being a day hiker is seeing all the different plants and animals. One of the shorter look hikes DH & I did along Skyline Drive (not on last year's trip) we were passing through a section of blooming milkweed that was practically covered in these pretties.

Oh,Lawanda,that little guy is adorable! What a great 1st and so glad you didn't suffer too much for it!! ;)

Thank you Deb and Holly for putting me in butterfly bliss!! They are such amazing creatures. For years whenever one flies across in front of me I tell myself "This is going to be a very good day!" I don't know if that's some old superstition I read or something I made up long ago to comfort me,because it almost always happens on a day when I really need to believe it!! :)

I am a little concerned tonight:my ankles,especially my right one,have been pretty puffed up today and yesterday-more so this evening. I had stupidly forgotten my Hydrochlorathiazide(fluid tablet) for a couple of days,but got back on it yesterday and today. I have been so inactive,due to just being so weak lately,but in the last week I have done more around the house and had a doctor appointment and some other tiring business today and was on my feet more than I have been in the last 3 weeks,so I hope that's all it is. My surgeon took a quick look when I mentioned the right one,which is bigger,but he just asked if I've ever had blood clots,which I haven't...but yikes,don't scare me with that. I had to have a preop EKG today,so I guess it must have been normal,or they'd surely have said something...I'm all propped up and drinking my water like a good girl,so I hope it's better by the morning!! At least I am going in for my Herceptin infusion tomorrow morning,so I know Chemo Man will make sure I am alright before he okays the treatment.

• Like 1

You're welcome, Deb, and thank you back for the sulfur pretty. One of the attractions of being a day hiker is seeing all the different plants and animals. One of the shorter look hikes DH & I did along Skyline Drive (not on last year's trip) we were passing through a section of blooming milkweed that was practically covered in these pretties.

Oh, those are gorgeous! I like butterflies a lot. When we were in Branson we went to the butterfly pavilion there and it was all kinds of gorgeous. Being able to walk around inside and have butterflies just fluttering around doing their thing was incredible. They opened one in Denver a few years ago but we never did get downtown to see it. I love having so many of them in my backyard. The neighbor's cottonwood tree is shedding <achoo!> so between the butterflies, the hummingbirds, and the bits of fluff floating around, I almost expect to see Titiana and Oberon come strolling thru any minute with Puck not far behind.

Lawanda, your little penguin is adorable! From what I've heard about needle felting, you have a great stab ratio too. Most people say the first attempt left them with very sore fingers.

The latest pacific storm is moving through and with the wicked barometer changes comes lots of inflammation. My body changes as various joints swell so it kind of moves how I balance my body weight and I've been staggering around like it's closing time after a wild weekend. It sounds weird but it's actually kind of amusing; at least I think so. My neighbors who can see into the backyard probably think I'm just wasted. LOL! Anyway, since it's kind of clammy outside it feels cooler than normal so when I got dressed this morning I went searching for something a little snugglier to wear. I pulled out a sweatshirt and realized that it's my "Love me, love my dollhouse. Greenleaf Miniature Community" shirt. Awesome!! You know I popped that on with a huge grin!

• Like 2

I also love butterflies, but what truly butters my grits is when we go paddling the beautiful little damselflies like to land on the kayak and sometimes on the backs of my hands (I know it's just the sweat that attracts them, but they're SO pretty!); I love dragonflies, as well.

One soft sunny day, back in another lifetime, as I was sitting on the steps of the old house I was renting on a farm in Virginia, four or five butterflies landed on my arms and shoulders. They were several enjoying the salt on the brick walkway (I used 20 Mule Team Borax to keep down the weeds between the bricks) but a few apparently thought I provided a great vantage point to scope out the action. It was a magical moment.

• Like 1

I have been down with one of my famous migraines for the past two days. I am so glad that I got my Christmas shopping done before this!

I won't complain too much though, as two of my best buds are suffering much greater challenges health wise. My heart goes out to them all the time.

Its chilly and damp ( can I say that?) in the high desert today. I have been picking through my dwindling mini stash and thinking about starting a project soon.

Loved the butterfly photos! We do see quite a few of the pretty futterbys here but I couldn't name any of them. Nevertheless they always make me smile! :)

...We do see quite a few of the pretty futterbys here but I couldn't name any of them...

Me, either; when I see a pretty one I start scouring the 'net for a picture; fortunately the pictures also come with names; convenient, eh?

• Like 1

About 25 years ago, I stopped at a campsite a little bit past Santa Cruz, CA, for the night. I ended up taking a space at the edge of a meadow surrounded by trees. Across the meadow, there was a break in the trees and a log over the path through them, saying Private Property. Well, you know I just had to step over that log and see what was on the other side (it ended up being a private access path to the beach).

Anyway, I stepped out into a very small clearing about 5 feet wide or so on the other side of the trees and stood there with redwoods surrounding me. At first I thought there were big huge flowers hanging from every branch of the redwoods, but then I realized they were butterflies! Then I looked up and all the way to the tops of the trees, thousands of butterflies were circling and spiraling around, making their own vortex.

There must have been millions of them. More than millions, maybe. What was funny was that there were only a couple flittering through the meadow where I was camped, compared to the millions just on the other side of the trees. Why, I have no idea. But my guess is I walked into a resting spot for migrating monarchs (I believe this was in November). I'll never forget that!

• Like 2

Oh, yeah, as to what I'm up to.

Well, I have finally decided I wanted a real dining room in the dollhouse after all. That meant that the kitchen was going to be the kitchen, instead of just a pantry (not a problem since it already had a sink in there and I had proposed moving the fridge in there as well - may as well go whole hog and put the stove in there too and call it what it really was). Since my kitchen was small and my dining room was large, and I wanted a large kitchen and a small dining room, you guys have no idea how much thinking went into this.

First, I thought of switching the kitchen and the dining room, but I wasn't happy with that, because I didn't want a kitchen next to the center hall and a dining room next to the mudroom. I thought about making the kitchen a dining nook and putting in French doors to the outside, but that still left the kitchen next to the center hallway. Then I thought of splitting the dining room and making half of it a pantry, or half a pantry, or half a kitchen. Finally I did the only thing I could do: I enlarged the kitchen. That was week before last.

Didn't turn out too bad and I had planned to replace the front wall anyway. So naturally, I went at that wall like Marco Polo after spices and when it was done, I looked at Lisa and Lisa looked at me and said, "I thought you wanted to replace the other wall." So now that I have to replace two walls since I tore out the wrong one......

Anyway, I finally ordered a second dormer from RGT today to match the 1st dormer I had that I thought would be so easy to find a mate for (it wasn't), so I can finally finish the roof. Then I got intrigued by their tower roofs for their contest that ended in November. And, you guessed it! I ordered a tower roof too. So now what was the attic under the third floor half-room roof, will now get a couple of walls to be a little reading area with the tower roof on top of it, and the inside of the tower roof will now be the attic (and I could now have a TV show called "19 Rooms and Counting..."). And because the octagonal window in the gable of the original attic matches the same windows in the gables on the other side of the house and the front, the original octagonal window will stay, However, it now needs two other windows to go on the two other walls of the tower. With etched glass.

And there were a million of them on eBay a couple weeks ago and now, of course, nary a one to be seen........