What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

OMG!

Deb, we're TRIPLETS! I knew I loved you, Heidi! Big Lots has/ had boxes of liittle nutcracker ornaments, eight of them, I think. Also I've seen the unpainted wooden ones at Hobby Lobby.

:headhurts: I have been collecting them for a few years now. Little ones, mini ones, big ones. I have a fancy fisherman one that Fred gave me one year. It was my only present because he paid $$ for it. They are like dollhouses..they mate when you are not looking!

I wanted to get started painting my family room today. I still feel awful so i guess i'll be sitting in front of the tv again. i'm hoping i can work on it tomorrow, but not sure what is happening now. I was asked by a coworker if she could pick up tomorrow for me so that she can get more hours...then yesterday she asked if she can give the day back to me. i told her i would like to have it off but would work it if she decides to go out of town for thanksgiving and since she was undecided about needing it off for sure she is going to call me today to let me know what she is doing. i hope she decides to work tomorrow. It would be the best day for the next week for me to get painting done. Plus i mentally gave myself that day off anyway since we traded. I should have flat out said no but i wasn't feeling well and just wanted to get out of there and go home sick. It was a vulnerable moment...lol...

I really hope i get tomorrow off. well i guess today i could spend the day sanding my siding for the garfield. that wouldn't take much energy and i could be sitting down for that. don't know when things will calm down enough to work on dollhouses, it has been close to a month now since i did anything. i miss it, it's so therapeutic and relaxing. really helps ya de-stress. I have alot of things to do around the house, the real house. The main thing is getting this house totally repainted...each room. Cleaning the oven. wiping down the cabinets then putting old english on them. going thru each room and re-organizing. decorating (all my decorations are still packed in boxes in the basement since i moved and it's been almost 4 years now). Going thru all my stuff and deciding what to sell and what to donate. basically i need to totally clean my house from top to bottom. a deep thorough cleaning. it's overwhelming when i think about all of it....lol...i know it won't all get done in one weekend. just have to do one thing at a time. my first goal is to paint the family room. i doubt i'll bother putting up the christmas tree. i'm not up to chasing around picking up christmas decorations or having the tree ruined by the cats. Who knows maybe i'll feel up to it next weekend. doubt it tho. anyway, that's where i am right now. :headhurts:

We're leaving for Charleston later this AM (daylight) & I had to get up because I woke up suddenlly realizing I didn't remember DS' new address! (they moved into their new house two weeks after our last visit!) They have wifi, so it's not like oour usual trips. where I'll be out of touch.

Holly have a safe trip to Charleston. We have family coming from Charleston today. We will be getting ready for Thaksgiving. Wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thannksgiving. If you are traveling be safe.

Val and Rita

I am a bad mother...Okay not a bad mother..I am letting Nat stay home today. It is a half day and we each have things to do. She has a project due on Monday about Paul Revere`s ride and I have cooking to do. I figure we can help each other today. She also has to make a model of a cell...going to AC Moore today to pick up a styrofoam ball and extra x-acto blades.

She went on 2 field trips this month and her humanities class got the info on the project while she was gone. When she came back, the teacher was gone (do not know why) and they have had a sub for two weeks. She was wondering what everyone was doing. She had to ask her friend cause the sub had no clue. So she has 5 days to complete a major project for the class. I and Chelsea will be helping her get it done...not doing the work per say but helping. She has to make hand puppets of Paul Revere and others so guess who will be doing that? ROFL I would leave her to do it but she has a laundry list of writing to do.

So you all will know what I will be doing this weekend.

There has been a bug of some kind going around my daughter's work place and she has had a terrible cold for two weeks. Now DH is coming down with it and he is miserable. Men make such horrible patients.

I have been working on rewiring our burnt out pre lite tree from last year. Discovered over half of the lights I had fixed last fall do not work and I will not fuss with them again. Went out to the local dollar store and bought a bunch on sale. Now have to spend the rest of the week rewiring.

I have started preparing stuff for Thanksgiving. Pies will go in the oven this evening. Turkey thawing in the ref. Got a baby butterball small enough that left overs won't be haunting us for the next year.

On a sadder note. We lost our male two months ago to massive cancer and it was horrendous. Cold not talk about it before now. Never figured we would go through something like that with a dog. It was nearly three weeks watching him go down hill. If he had not been so full of life and alert right up until the end it would have been much easier to make that final decision but he just would not give up and wanted to go every where with me. I still get choked up when I think of him.I will miss him for a long time.

But very good news. We are adopting our foster boxer. He is an older dog we offered to do as a long term foster but he is so great we are happy to add him permanently to our pack.

Feeling very low on energy as that blasted cold bug of sorts won't leave, is coughing a little and sounds like I have a voice from the deepest cellar... No fun when that is what is one's much needed tool at work with the kids...

Have a lovley veggie soup on the stove for dinner right now, yum!

Hugs

I do not have a cold but I am not feeling so great. I have been extremely tired for the past 2-3 weeks. Way more then usual. I have been falling asleep at 7-8pm every night. I sleep fine, do not feel like garbage in the morning (if you are thinking sleep apnea), and by noon I am exhausted. I wonder if it is the driving I have been having to do more lately.

I am sitting here yawning like it is 9pm at night and it is only 3:15pm. I have a routine dr visit next month. We will see. If he tells me to rest more I will slug him.

I'm getting a new modem. mine has been acting up and getting worse. I rent it from Qwest, it's several years old and i've had some intermittent service now for quite awhile, just getting worse. I'll have a new one by friday! Hopefully this will improve my internet service.

I also asked if i could get better rates on my internet. I'm going to save 14.00 a month now!

that is my good news for the day!

still fighting this flu and i'm tired of it. i have lots of movies guess i'll go watch something.

Holly have a safe trip to Charleston.
Our trip was safe, but NOT uneventful! We got to Savannah and decided to stop to shop & lunch & stretch the legs and drive through some of the suburbs before finally getting onto I-95. Things were fine until after we passed the Hilton Head interchange and just past the sign warning drivers of traffic congestion & to expect delays, there we were, in a massive parking lot for about twenty minutes or so, while a car wreck was cleared. As we passed, a lady was talking to a wrecker driver and two well-bundled wee children still in their car seats were smiling and waving at passing cars from the median. The real mess was when we passed through Ravenel and were brough to a halt about five miles from the last intersection. After a half-hour, about 1745, we passed a paved crossover and I turned on the radio in time to hear something about a traffic backup near Ravenel (FYI, it's the next town before Charleston); so we listened to "Christmas music for the next half hour as we crept a few inches at a time. At 1815 we got the "last" traffic report of the evening and the announcer cheerfully said some nice person had called to suggest people wanting to get to Charleston from Ravenel take SR165 to Dorchester (165 goes about 20+ miles to Summerville, crossing the upper end of SR61, Ashley River Road, which goes right by our son's subdivision), because an 18-wheeler had overturned and poliice were estimating another hour to remove the rig and another hour after that to get the scene secured; so at the next paved crossover we turned back. There was three miles of backed up cars behind us, and we had been at least five miles from the wreck when we turned back.

Of course we missed our turn onto 61 in the dark and had to turn around in Summerville to go back, and then finding our son's new house in a new subdivision full of cul-de-sacs and hard-to-read signage in the dark took us another hour. When we finally got here everyone was crabby & cranky from wondering where we were (including us!) and the babies were irritable. I think next year I'm going to be incredibly thankful if we don't go anywhere! At least the one deer that ran in front of us was out of the way.

We lost our male two months ago to massive cancer and it was horrendous
Beverly, we had to do the same thing last Friday for The Beautiful Melody, and that has NOT made any of this any easier. Mellie was my baby, she named herself when, as a five-week old baby she sang over 40 miles on her way home with us, lying in my hands.

Feeling very low on energy as that blasted cold bug of sorts won't leave, is coughing a little and sounds like I have a voice from the deepest cellar... No fun when that is what is one's much needed tool at work with the kids...

Have a lovley veggie soup on the stove for dinner right now, yum!

Hugs

Hope you feel better soon :)

Well, a Thanksgiving day that wasn't! I didn't go to dinner as planned due to feeling yuck (flu still hanging on but it's slowly on it's way out finally)....so instead of being a good girl and resting, I painted my family room. Looks so much better. I went with a lighter color...it's like a deep ivory. Looks really nice and bright. I will be painting most of my house in that color as my house is a split level so the rooms run together. The bedroom and office will get repainted as well. I had this thought today, that i would make my office into a work room for dollhouses. That way i can shut the door and not look at the mess. I'm going to repaint it first tho. That will be one of my winter projects. I really like the idea of it. I could store things in the closet. :) now....have to think about a phone line in the family room.....that would be a good place for my computer and desk. I would really like to get rid of more of my dollhouses...even thinking about selling some of my completed houses. I'd like a more manageable number that i could sit back and enjoy.

Well gonna settle in with a movie and dinner. Baking a pork chop and will have yams (had to have those today!!!!!). Stange combo i know, but sounded good at the time.

It is almost 6:30am and I am warm in my jammies drinking my cup of hot dunkin donuts coffee (they had a sale on the beans so no trips out in the cold)..and I am thinking...I could have been out in the cold, waiting in line, to buy stuff we probably do not really need for a holiday that has become OVERLYcommercialized.

I am glad for the turkey drugging...I missed all the fun..NOT

I have one layer of branches (3 done, 2 to go) and I think the body of the tree will be done. I want to do that today so I can get to the next step. The girls want to decorate the RL tree today so will have to drag the boxes upstairs from the basement.

Going to be having a *sleepover* tonite. Nat`s project for school is being done by her and her friend. The friend is sleeping over so they can work on it today and tomorrow. Lots of typing, and they have to make Paul Revere finger puppets. Going to show them the fine art of sculpy. I also bought some fabric scraps and felt so they can dress him and the horse.

Fred has to work today...no floating holiday for him.. :) That is okay. I will send him off with a Thanksgiving sandwich for dinner. He will be happy.

Sitting here on the floor of Baby Boy's nursery/ guestroom playing on the computer (he's off in another room spending the weekend with his daddy so his mommy can catch up on her sleep; hope she gets over her crankies from yesterday before I forget to be seen & not heard...) until the clock goes off & we can start getting ready to go out for breakfast and a hike.

Just arrived at work after stopping by AC Moore to get a few dollhouse supplies. They had their dollhouse miniatures 40% off plus a coupon for an additional 30% off your total purchase so I bought a complete bedroom and dining room set, some white tile paper (going to use this as a backsplash) and some very pretty floral wallpaper. Yeah and tomorrow we are going to make the 50 minute trip to Hobby Lobby!!

Now off to work (really quiet though so we will probably leave after lunch).

I wanted to give you all a chuckle.

I bought some wine and beer for yesterday just in case anyone showed up at the last minute. We are not drinkers (anymore..*whistling*) so these things tend to sit in the house for a long time.

I bought 6pack of Sierra Nevada pale ale. Chelsea asked if she could have one. She will be 20 soon (i know i know not legal) and Nat was only allowed a sip to taste it (she thought it was gross).

Chelsea got a big time buzz on..ROFL She was laughing, talking loud, the whole shebang. I warned her that if she puked Tofurkey on the floor, it was her mess to clean up. She is not MY daughter. 1 beer! I was the keg party quarters champion in my day. She is like her father. He cannot hold his booze either.

:p Heidi, sounds like she had a blast though!!!! Thanks Marg, not there just yet....

Still feels like I have barbed wire stuck in my throat and sounds like I have been chewing those chalks used on those "oldie" blackboards.. :) No fun but this too will pass... I don't have the time to be ill right now as come Monday/Tuesday I am off on a two day course that I have prepped five or so papers/tasks that I will have to present in front of the rest... Yikes to say the least, but the papers are written and now I just have to re-read the whole thing and prepare for the presentations over the weekend, good thing those can be done "silent" LOL

Hugs

Being quiet paid off! DIL & her mom decided to cook us breakfast (grits and leftover ham, rolls & gravy from yesterday!) and then fixed a bit more food when DS#2 & his wife showed, and we bundled up Miss G and got away by 1000. The hike was fun, not too cold & no rain yet, the tide was coming in so there was plenty of water in the river & no critters. After the hike DS took us home a roundabout way and we saw what the locals call the "Angel Oak", a live oak tree so old that its branches cover more than an acre of ground and many of the branches have reached the ground, rooted and started up again, amd those that haven't that are nearly as long and thick are held up by 4x6 boards, a couple by steel posts, and most of the rest by steel cables anchored in the ground and looped over higher limbs and fastened to the branches with big steel eyelets. This behemoth is rumored to be over a thousand years old.

We came back, ate sunch, dropped off the kid for her lunch & nap and all piled bsck in DS' car for a trip to the marina and we all went for a boat ride in the harbor (DS belongs to the club and has the use of a group of boats they let the members use), We rode by Rainbow Row and the Battery, and out to Ft Sumter, and on the way back we were treatedf to the specctacle of a half dozen bottlenosed dolphins playing around the smaller boats like ours.

We ate leftovers for supper.

Yesterday the Adams was finished and I took many pics, so today will be a mix of writing the contest entry and retaking some of the photos that weren't quite in focus or are otherwise less than perfect and decorating the real house for Christmas. Dear Lloyd has promised to bring up the holiday boxes from the basement and set up the tree. Am hoping to get most of the presents wrapped by the end of tomorrow. It's a happy mix of activities for the next two days. :wub:

Very neat! Angel Oak Tree. Is this site it?
That's it! And you don't begin to get a feel for the age & majesty of this ancient, living thing until you wander up to the trunk and look out through the branches and then up, and up, and back to the trunk where you're standing. Talk about humbling!

Today was quiet, DH & I took off midmorning to shop the local thrift stores & DIL's mom mentioned looking for a kitchen stepstool she could use to sit on as well as to reach things. We looked for one in every store & couldn't find one. Good Will had a doll-sized chair that needs a spot of glue, and a cycling jersey in my size & BRIGHT RED!!! The Children's Cancer Society Thrift Store had TWO dhs, one was a handmade wooden job without windows or doors or a front and really banged up & splintered. and a Fissher-Price plastic dh, probably Loving Family, that looked to be in good condition, if I didn't already have the Pierce taking up floor space... But I got three Barbies of color to rehab for next year, and two books by Tad Williams, whom DS#3 enjoys reading & doesn't have these.

We got back in time to watch the whole UF-FSU football game which our 'Gators won 45-15, and Miss G sat & watched 2 1/2 quarters with her grandpa & me, enjoying watching the players slip & fall & slide around in the pouring rain.

I had a bit of a scare yesterday. I do not know how she did it (bit it off or caught it on something) but one of Perla`s back nails was broken down to the quick. I keep her nails trimmed so I do not see how it got caught on something..maybe one of the afghans.

She was bleeding and it would not stop. I was able to go and buy this stuff. It is steptic?? Like that stuff men used to use to stop bleeding when they shaved..but in a powder. You put it on the cut, hold pressure, and it stopped the bleed. She did not yelp and she is not limping. Poor baby. Now I have a nice blood stain on the top of the couch! Out Out damn spot!