• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• havanaholly

• KathieB

• heidiiiii

• Anna

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started laying pavers in our front yard yesterday. My DW doesn't like walking in the grass from the car to the front steps, so we're getting about a dozen pavers that look like cobblestone, each pa

The appointment with the osteo went very well. He looked, listened and paid attention and when I had questions, he answered them. And when I asked him if he saw the root cause he immediately said,

Today's interview went well despite several more interruptions. For the 2nd time in two months, the gas cap on my bike wouldn't unlock. I was already low on gas, so I rode home, poured a few drops o

Posted Images

I upended one of our dining room chairs the other day to replace the pad on the bottom of a leg and discovered a lovely bloom of mold under the seat. All four chairs and the table got a good wipe-down with white vinegar.

Today's interview went well despite several more interruptions. For the 2nd time in two months, the gas cap on my bike wouldn't unlock. I was already low on gas, so I rode home, poured a few drops of oil on my key and with a bit of force, was able to unlock it. Then, I got stuck behind a driver smoking weed on a two lane road with no passing zones. He was driving almost 20 miles an hour below the speed limit and drove through two traffic lights. The amount of smoke pouring out of the guy's windows was like something out of an old Cheech and Chong movie. I am so relieved the state didn't legalize the stuff, but they need to pull over drivers like that guy, who are using.

In a twist of irony, I got a text message from my former boss yesterday evening. He was inquiring about my job search. I told him about the impending interview. What he didn't tell me until this afternoon, was that he's friends with the company's CEO in South Florida, and he called the guy up to put in a good word for me. :D I don't know if that made a difference, but the interview went really well, I felt comfortable and had looked up the company a few days ago to get the leg work done. It's a small, regional airline that has a fleet of Saab turbojet prop planes. I was told they would contact me on Monday with a decision, but it didn't take them that long. I got the call about 40 minutes later. I start on Monday.

• Like 9

Congratulations, Jeremy! :happydance:

After breakfast DH, The Kid & I are headed for NAS Pensacola and the Blue Angels' homecoming air show. It's an all-day event with shows in the afternoon and evening today. DS#2 and his wife are flying in to Ft Walton Beach this AM and stopping at the Crown Plaza downtown to register her for tomorrow's half-marathon race (run whilst all us OFs are still snug in our beds) tomorrow, then on to the air how where he thinks they'll get up with us :rofl: otherwise we'll meet up at the house, get them unpacked and go out for supper.

• Like 2

Yesterday I bought a 24" external monitor for my 17"-screen laptop. Now I can easily read both the genealogy program (on the laptop) and the source item (on the monitor) at the same time. This is such a relief from having to squint at both windows squashed together on the same screen. I have 500+ items in my ancestry.com virtual Shoebox and two plastic tubs of hard copy data, all of which needs to be entered. Some items are simple, like adding a birth or death date; others more complex, like entering data for an entire large family from a census report. My goal it to get done before the end of the year. The new hardware arrangement will help speed up the process.

I'm also working on the papiér maché witches-hats-to-Christmas-trees project and hope to have them finished this weekend. The Beacon Hill is still sulking under her dust cover. I've promised her she's up next on the craft table, although <whispering> I do have a few other things in the wings.

Oh Jeremy, I am so happy for you!

My feet are hurting, but I don't really feel it. An amazing day at Philadelphia Miniaturia! I got lots of goodies, met some of my favorite artisans,got many websites to check out, plus I met Jane and Maureen! If you all heard any squealing noises today, they came from me :lol:

• Like 3

:bounce8::cheer::carrot::clap: :woohoo: :thumbup: :jump: :cucumber: :jumping:

Congratulations

I'll join in on this one - Congrats Jeremy!!!!!

Sarah- I was really kinda looking forward to maybe bumping into you today! :/ However, my empty wallet and credit card were screaming at me not to put them into any further misery. blargh. Going to my daughter's house tomorrow (they live in KOP) so maybe I can talk someone into going with me for at least an hour or two......just to look. ;)

• Like 1

DS#2 & wife arrived in time to catch the Blue Angels' performance yesterday and, as expected, there were too many people there for us to meet up. In addition to the airplanes the exhibits included the Air Force's "special ops" car, the German Air Force brought a couple of their Tornados and the local EMTs brought one of their helicopters. We also checked out the Kia display and later, between acts, one of the Kia convertibles drove by with someone wearing the hamster get-up tossing rolled up air show teeshirts to the crowd. That was after the Budweiser Clydesdale team had driven around; what beautiful horses those are!

We all caught up with each other back at the house as I was changing out the shower curtain in the Littler House on the Highway, aka the Guest House. We all went out to supper at a local diner in town, since Baby Girl is the pickiest eater we know and they have menu items she can & will eat.

They had already left for the half marathon long before I woke up, but when thy get back I'll be fixing everybody's breakfast. Probably spend a quiet day getting us all rested up for the next three days, before they have to head back home.

Yesterday I took advantage of the cool weather and mowed the Northeast corner of the yard. It has a number of trees with low hung limbs that make it a challenge to navigate with the mower. The ground is also kind of spongy, so the wheels sink in, causing the motor to stall frequently. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to mow until March, but with the yo-yo weather we have here, I'm sure it will have a few more growth spurts before then.

We were planning to attend the Downtown Arts Festival today, but my DW is getting some much needed sleep instead.

Now that I have a job, I'm looking for a part time job to work during the evenings and weekends to make ends meet. Having a job is great, but apparently the pay for a filing clerk hasn't changed in 10 years. The cost of living, on the other hand, has. The other news I got was that the company is relocating to Orlando next year, so I will need to find something else in the long-term for reasons other than the wage issue. Hopefully the cliché is true about it being easier to find a job if you already have a job.

keeping my fingers crossed for you Jeremy!

I put my Xmas lights up today. The last few years there has been a push to wait until after Nov 11 (those behind the push claim we are disrespecting the vets otherwise). Rememberance Day is a big deal in Canada, although oddly enough it is not a federal holiday. Each province can decide if it's a day off work or school or not.

Now, Nov 11 in Manitoba frequently means snow and ice. And snow and ice means klutzy me triples the chances of getting hurt when I am clambering around on the step stool. So I put my lights up before the snow flies.

I have a high opinion of the intelligence of Canadian vets. Most of them, esp the older ones have mobility issues. They would get it. That and the vets that I know personally (mostly my age) don't care lol. They have other things to worry about

And jeez, it was COLD! -4 with a windchill of -11. But bright and sunny. Of course, by January I will think of -4 as positively balmy!

• Like 1

Barb, I don't see any disrespect in stringing the lights while it's safe to do so. You don't light them up until after the 11th, do you? Some folks here keep the Christmas lights on the house all year long. :D

Well, this is my last post for a while. I'll be getting my new knee tomorrow morning. Not sure when I'll be able to stop by.

Twinkle will let you know if something doesn't go well. She knows how to log on here.

• Like 3

Well, this is my last post for a while. I'll be getting my new knee tomorrow morning. Not sure when I'll be able to stop by.

Twinkle will let you know if something doesn't go well. She knows how to log on here.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I sure feel out of the loop in here. I haven't read or posted in a long time it seems! Selkie, I hope that your new knee works out great and you feel better really soon!

I have been playing catch up for weeks now. I had a long list of "TO DO" s that weren't getting done so I started on my list. Working on it slowly but it doesn't give me time for minis.

Christmas lights??????? Who put up Christmas lights already???? LOL I feel like we are hurtling towards Thanksgiving I can't even think about Christmas yet!!! I shop online so I have placed some orders.

I heard there is a cold front on the way so I hope everyone stays safe and warm! When did a winter cold front become a Polar Vortex anyway? I lived all my life up in Buffalo and central NY and we got cold and snow because it was WINTER!!!! :cold: ( Its 70 here in northern New Mexico at the moment).

• Like 1