What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I thought the original reason for summers off from school was so the kids could help with the crops or other work, and take advantage of the longer daylight; whatever it was to wear them out so that they were happy to go back to school.

Since we're getting new furniture DH is insisting the family room needs to be painted, and we're already arguing.

He likes beige. I have no idea what I want yet. I haven't seen the furniture in daylight. I only know I don't like beige.

He thought we should select a color from the Sherwin Williams website. I said that monitors show colors differently. He said I have an argument against everything, and if it isn't Sherwin Williams paint he doesn't want it. SW was what his family considered to be the only good paint back in the 1960's and he's stuck with that idea through the decades.

Wait till he sees what I picked for the bedroom. I bought the drapes back in February, but when they found my son's cancer was back, and my other kids' marriages broke up, and I got diagnosed with diabetes and possible heart problems, I just shoved the box of drapes into a corner in the guest room. I don't remember if he even saw the drapes.

My son's last blood test a couple of weeks ago showed no markers for thyroid cancer. Hopefully they got it all during the last surgery.

Well, I better go to check out paint chips then head for the supermarket.

• Like 1

Since we're getting new furniture DH is insisting the family room needs to be painted, and we're already arguing.

He likes beige. I have no idea what I want yet. I haven't seen the furniture in daylight. I only know I don't like beige.

Wow, I guess there are advantages to having a color blind DH !!

Mine doesn't care what colors or brands I pick. It's all shades of gray to him.

Sorry you have to deal with this. It sounds like it takes the joy out of the whole project.

I have the turkey stuffed and in the oven along with a chocolate cake :) round two will be pumpkin pies and peeling potatoes for mashed. The sewing machine is out and ready to run, in spite of the booming toothache/headache I've got it going on today :D

Grazhe, I have always been a color nut. When we bought the house the main living areas were painted in "earth tones" with a yucky grayish-something carpet I hope one day to replace. The master bedroom was a brilliant Crayola yellow with the master bathroom a sort of bilious green. Half of the front bedroom's walls were blue and everything else was just white primer. Now the front bedroom (DH's office) is a pretty tomato red (his favorite color); the guestroom and our bedroom are light blue; the livingroom is a gorgeous dark, dark red and the hallway is an extremely pale tint of the same color; and the rest of the rooms are a light golden yellow. Mostly ballad/ folksong colors with a bit of counterpoint. We didn't paint the closets or pantry interiors, but left them primed and white.

Quiet day at home. Yesterday at the grocery I bought a cantaloup and we ate some of it for breakfast this AM, and I went out whilst the coffee was brewing and picked a few blueberries to garnish it with; YUM!

this girl be pooped and gonna be chillin in my chair a few days....not complaining...its the best kind of pooped... :victory:

<nodding in agreement from my bed> Oh, it really is the best kind of pooped! I didn't want to sleep because we were having such fun that I didn't want to lose even a minute of it to something silly like sleep. LOL! Lynette is the sweetest and most caring person on the planet. She watched out for me and helped me keep track of my meals, my cane, and my brain. It was sooooooooo much fun to have someone to play dollhouse with me. I'm almost 53 and that's the first time I've ever had anyone to play dollhouse with me like that! We pulled the desk chairs into the dollhouse loft and started unloading boxes and staging the houses and, well, playing. It's great to build them and furnish them but to have someone who understands what it's like to just *play* was a precious gift of time and friendship.

Nap time now.

• Like 3

Grazhe, you probably aren't limited to the Sherwin Williams palette--when I go to Lowes, I can show them a color from any brand and they can mix it up in a brand I choose. If you choose a Glidden color, you can take the color sample to Sherwin Williams and they will mix up the color in their paint. Something I didn't know until we painted our house a couple of years ago.

Another fun day at the VA medical center in St Louis.....NOT. next visit is in Dec (I hope not). Echocardiogram today, now that was so exciting I could just *(&^. Back at the house after a 3 hr drive. No work on the SF today. Early appointment with the vampire at PB VA medical center. I really HATE doctors, even if the hunk (oops, cardiologist) did suggest that I need my doctor with me when I go to Coco Beach in Nov......HHHHMMMMM might have to just take him up on that offer.

Coincidence, Lawanda. We were at the VA in Columbia today. L has some nodules on his thyroid. Shouldn't be a problem, but a biopsy will happen to be sure, since his sister has been battling thyroid cancer for more than 50 years.

I never had used Sherwin paint before we got the family room redone last fall. I had to repaint one wall and I HATE that paint. Omg. I don't like how it looks, I don't like how it applies. Every contractor I know uses it and loves it. Call me confused. I will stick with glidden or behr.

You can use any color chip to get paint from anyone. If you like the color of a certain apple, you can take it to your paint supplier of choice and get it matched.

I am also appreciative that my husband wants no part of decorating. He says if he doesn't like the color of something, he just won't turn the lights on. I made him go furniture shopping once (I had picked out something expensive and wanted his approval) and he walked in and said 'looks great, can we get dinner now?' and walked out of the store.

• Like 2

I came home with about a dozen different paint chips. The color DH liked on the website looks nothing like that in RL.

The furniture comes late tomorrow afternoon.

Holly, I once repainted a 13 x 20 room and adjacent hallway and stairwell because the color was slightly off. The family couldn't tell I had repainted, but it made a world of difference to me.

DH claimed that I needed guidance in paint selecting because I have a hard time making up my mind. I agree, sometimes I do. If I like 2 things the same, I'll ask everyone's opinion. Contrariwise, if I'm so-so about 2 things, but need to buy one of them, I also ask everyone's opinion. Sometimes the problem comes in when I feel I need to please other people as well as myself.

• Like 1

busy day around here with the tree being chopped up...Jason layed claim to quite a bit...can we say bonfire for mommas big Birthday...lol...

Dean hasnt been home to look at the swing set but Im pretty sure miss Pixie is getting a loft bed pretty soon....

the wind did quite the number on it. I watched all the work from my chair :wave:

Grazhe, I've been using Behr paint in my houses for about 18 years. I love that they have paint with primer added. NO color bleedthrough and you can't beat the price. Their sample cans are decent size as well (I use them for my minis) it gives you enough to really see what the color will look like before you commit.

Today is general lazy end of summer stuff. My son and dad will be putting up some no-dig fencing at the end of the patio; I have errands to run. Hubby and I are going out to his 30th high school reunion tonight which I'm not really looking forward to. We did not go to the same school so I don't know anyone, but I don't have to cook so that's a plus.

Sarah, when I attended DH's 50th with him I had no idea that two years later we'd move back! At least now I know some of those people...

DH wants to run errands, but he couldn't get back to sleep and is now crashed on the sofa and I don't want to wake him up; so here I am.

The weather forecast for today is clear, so how's come the sky is overcast and it's as gloomy as twilight, with a smell of rain in the air?

I'm off to take a pelvic sonogram to rule out at least one cause for an ongoing issue.

Tonight we're taking a friend for a belated birthday dinner at a new restaurant. She's lived here for all of her 66 years, so finding a new-to-her (and decent) restaurant within a day's drive is a challenge, but I found one only 45 minutes away. :D

That sounds like fun, Kathie!

When I was a kid, there was a retired couple who didn't have any kids of their own, but "adopted" my 3 siblings and I. George and Kitty's hobby was to drive all over Florida looking for on-off restaurants. It was a kind of culinary treasure hunt for them. Before my DW and I became parents, we did the same thing. I tried to curb it to once every week or so, but she likes dining out. I remembered that it wasn't healthy for my adopted grandparents, and eventually lead to financial problems as they outlived their retirement funds. Their stories of life in the 20's, 30's and through the century were amazing. I wish I was a little older then. I would have written down their life story. It was better than a Hollywood movie.

Today we take the kids to meet their teachers at the new school they're attending.

That sounds like fun, Kathie!

Today we take the kids to meet their teachers at the new school they're attending.

The sonogram was so-so. The restaurant should be fun! It's The Belorussian Bakery in Higginsville, MO.

Will be interested to know how the kids settle in to school after their summer freedom and move to a new house.

This toothache is driving me out of my mind, I called the dentist and was told no doctors were in the office today and if it were bothering me to go to the ER. If it doesn't let up soon I'll have to drag my butt in there.....but I really don't want to.

On a lighter note, John finished painting a RL house and brought me enough leftover paint to do a dozen or more little houses. Pretty colors, yellow, green and a light tan.

Stacy have you used cloves?

use peroxide to pull out infection...than take a small amount of cooking oil and mix the cloves till you have a paste

than pack the tooth with the paste....my teeth break and I get to use this remedy ALOT....it wont take your pain away...but it will take the edge off a bit

and draw out infection which is creating the pain...good luck hun I feel your pain!! :stretcher:

the swingset is going to be saved! yaya

the kids were happy to hear that.

got the grocery shopping done for this weekends food fest for the hubby :banana:

• Like 2

Had a mad very tiring week at work, all nearly 10 hour shifts, extremely busy, including 30 hours worth of work in 2 10-hour shifts when our double cover pharmacist was pulled.

So really looking forward to a day off tomorrow, and should be a good one: a good friend of ours had his first novel published in June and is doing a book signing at his local bookstore tomorrow. So we're excitedly going to that. Then out for lunch and drinks with him before shopping, and in the evening out for dinner with many good friends for one of their leaving dos (she's off to Canada next week!) And the girls get to stay home with my mummy, sister and niece, so won't get bored.

I'm still reading the book, but so far it has kept me wanting to read more and I'm enjoying it. It has a steampunk theme running through it with lots of inspiration for Debra I'm sure (and on offer from amazon on kindle $1.66 for just under a couple more hours! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00K941X44?cache=3d1b60760a9a10015eab3f5c429d9538&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1408139221&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1 ) 'James Knight and the Orb of Ziarn'

Sending hugs to all that need them!