What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Here I thought Lumpy was the eighth dwarf who left home and went to law school.

<cackle, snort> I thought that was Greedy but I might be wrong. hehehehehehehe Helen, this made me laugh so much because the doctors keep telling me that I'm lumpy because of all the fibroid tissue and cysts I have. I've always thought it made me sound like the 8th dwarf.........kinda like being the fifth Beetle but not nearly as cool.

Debora and Helen, mini happy returns on your birthdays! And hugs to everyone else because it would take too long to reply individually but everyone gets hugs whether they need them or not. (and who doesn't need a hug?)

I've been off running around all day. Bruce had an appointment with the eye doctor to get new glasses and then to get a haircut and finally we made a grocery run. I was going to type a lot more but I think I'll take a nap now. Back later.

DH took me to see "The Hundred Foot Journey" today. I was already a Helen Mirrin fan, we both enjoyed Om Puri in "East Is East", and we have been food movie fans ever since "Babette's Feast". If any of those themes appeal to you, I think you'll enjoy it, too. Tomorrow is our anniversary #51 and we're going shopping along US 98 eastbound as far as Fort Walton Beach and finish with dinner at our favorite German restaurant in Niceville (if DH remembers to make reservations).

I can sympathize about losing your hair. I lost most of my almost waist length thick hair from all the meds I was on.

Me too. My hair was all the way down to my knees and I loved every inch of it. But I was getting too sick to take care of it so in the middle of a storm of tears I had them cut it off and send it to Locks of Love and had them leave only an inch long. I wore it that short for three years until we moved out here and I've started letting it grow out. It's almost down to my shoulders now and that's probably where I'll keep it........just long enough to pull back in combs or in a pony tail and still easy to take care of. But I know what it's like to feel as if part of your body has gone missing. The main thing to remember is that it's hair and hair grows. Watch the lunar cycles and get your hair trimmed in the new moon to make it grow back faster and fuller. That's an old wive's tale that seriously works (says the woman who used to have over four feet of hair).

A nap. I was going to go take a nap wasn't I. Maybe I'll just keep reading the forum until I fall asleep.

• Like 1

Well, my day started off well, until I had a minor accident with a machete.

Around noon I went outside to work on the jungle. I wasn't out there more than 5 minutes when I made several mistakes that put my right shin right in the path of the blade. For a brief moment I thought the thing just bounced off of my leg, but remembered the business end was the point of contact, so I looked down and saw my shin smiling back at me. It's only a 2 inch gash, but it cut down to the muscle. So I went inside and threw a piece of duct tape over it. I would have gone back to work on the yard, but my wife wanted me to drive her to her doctor's appointment and around town so she could run some errands. I guess all the driving and walking over the course of 5 hours aggravated the cut. It was throbbing and bled enough to loosen up the tape. My DW went from slightly annoyed to worried and started hounding me to get it checked out.

Now, I know some of you would probably say I should have gone to get it treated when the accident happened, but that rarely ever works. I lost count of the number of times I heard a DR. in the ER tell a patient that they wouldn't be able to stitch a laceration because too much time had lapsed since the accident occurred. Every time, the patient would reply that they arrived right after the accident- 10 or more hours before being seen. Unless you've cut open an artery and you're bleeding to death, a laceration is not an emergency, so the wait in the ER is going to be a long one. I had to wait 6 hours to be seen for a kidney shutting down last year, so I knew a little cut wouldn't put me at the front of the line. Recently, UF's medical center opened a free-standing ER on the Northwest side of town. I figured it probably didn't get the high volume traffic as the main ER, so I went there. I spent less than 5 minutes in the waiting room and within 20 minutes I was on my way home. I wouldn't have minded waiting a few more minutes for a local anesthetic before getting a couple of staples punched in my leg. My leg didn't really hurt until they did that, but with everything that Deb, Kat and so many of our GL family members are going through, I can't complain about a little cut.

I do think it's a little ironic that my wife has been worrying about snakes or dangerous animals in the yard, but so far, the only danger in our yard, has been me.

• Like 3

Jeremy! Bless your heart,boy! What are all we mothering types here gonna do with you!? LOL I'm so glad you did seek treatment,though,and hope you heal very fast and as painlessly as possible!

Oh dear Jeremy. I'm so glad you did get it tended to though. You don't want it to impede your job search or your ability to keep hacking down your jungle. A nasty infection could really slow you down on those fronts.

Thank you, Kat. Last year we spent a week tentcamping our way down Skyline Drive, the Blue Ridge Parkway and into northern AL; our original plan was to take a 'round the country train ride that would include part of the trans-Canada rail line, but we couldn't find enough scheduling information to make it fit into any reasonable time frame. We aren't cruise-type people, either; so the tenting adventure seemed like the way to go, and it was lots of fun. If we're still both here to celebrate #75 I'm hoping for something as much fun, if less work (we'll both be 97).

Congratulations, Selkie. You must have been a child bride!

Jeremy, I totally give up!

• Like 2

I cut my knee when I was scrubbing the floor where the stove usually is. I broke a glass earlier and thought I got it all but guess not. I looked down and my knee area was covered in blood. No biggie. I share cause if I looked down and saw,muscle, I probably would have puked. Your a strong soul Jeremy.

• Like 1

Duct tape? <trying to look stern and failing> If you keep this up Jeremy we're going to rename you Red Green. ILOL! 'm with Heidi and probably would have puked or passed out. I'm not good with blood, especially my own. It should stay inside the body where it belongs. I can't believe you wandered around half the day with a piece of duct tape over a wound like that. It was quick thinking and innovative tho.

Selkie and Holly, I'll add my congratulations to the chorus and agree that you were both child brides. You're also amazing to have marriages that last so long. Do you have any advice for the rest of us?

Hey Debora, is your skink still around? Hopefully he's being cute and helpful by eating the bugs in your yard the way he's supposed to. I saw two of my little spikes scaling the mesquite tree. Bless their little hearts, they're doing their part to keep the bugs out of the tree. Cute lizard story of the day: One of the baby spikes was wandering around the patio and trying to figure out how to get off the concrete and into the gravel which is about a one inch drop but when you're only one inch long, that's a big drop. He tried putting first one foot and then the other over the edge but he just couldn't reach the gravel. That's about the time he bent over too far and went tail over toes He shook himself and with his best "I meant to do that" air, went skimming off over the gravel. Silly lizard.

• Like 2

...marriages that last so long. Do you have any advice for the rest of us?...

DH's aunt said it best; when she & her hubs had been married 65 years their kids footed them a trip to see Wayne Newton (BTW NOT what I'd want to do on our 65th...) and during his show he went through the "how long married" routine and when they weere the last couple standing he asked them first how long, and then whether, in all those years, they had ever considered divorce. Being who she was his aunt snapped back, "Divorce, never; murder, often!" Seriously, we were best friends and playmates from the time we met at university, and I wouldn't go through any of it over again with anyone else, much less invest all that time to train them!

Selkie,Early HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and your deary! I am so envious of anyone finding a soulmate and being happy with them for so long. My only marriage was a horror that lasted 8 years too long. I've not had any better success since,although I'm always hoping my Prince will hobble along before I am too old to care! :) I think once I recover from this cancer thing I'll start becoming more proactive in finding him. I have been divorced almost 20 years(November) and haven't dated for about 10,so I hope I'll remember all the tricks to it!LOL.

Are we really that boring? :D

Oh not at all! But I fall asleep at the oddest times. <pointing up> See the post I made at 2am? I started typing that around 9:30 and fell asleep with my hands on the keyboard. I woke up around 1 with my hands still on the keyboard and had to delete about 10,000 repeats of the letter A because the weight of my hand in sleep was enough to depress that key and keep it down. I may not talk in my sleep but I do type in my sleep. LOL! Anyway, I deleted all the A's and finished the post. That happens a lot and since I have insomnia, my sleep is weird and erratic so I have resulting narcoleptic attacks. I never know when I'm going to sleep. You guys are the least boring people I know. It's always entertaining to hang out here.

"We're out of duct tape!"

"Hold yourself together man!"

"With what? We're out of duct tape!"

hehehehehehehe Jeremy, for some reason I was pretty sure that you'd be familiar with Red Green. I keep hoping that someday they'll run the whole series on Netflix. <pausing to consider> Oh wait! You Tube!!!! Hang on a second. <playing hold music> Cool! There's a Red Green tv channel on You Tube here with at least three seasons. I guess we know what I'll be doing the rest of the day. LOL! Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

• Like 1

trying to stay busy...but seriously having issues...excitement reins supreme :banana:

last night we had a major Tye dye party with the kids and just spent the last 2 hours rinsing our fun new clothes!!

I dyed my favorite dress for the slumber party occasion...and a new T...felt good working on all the different designs but the real fun is when you have rinsed and

you see if the pattern you did came out and ART! Jason tried a mushroom design and we rolled a couple on tubes...I stuck with the usual spirals...Im pretty good with them and I did a spider for Jax...my other specialty....lol.... getting ready to paint my toenails their usual blue color

O O O O O ....Dean was offered and accepted a local route for dollar general...will be home weekly :clap::cloud9::clap:

is it Monday yet? :please:

• Like 3

The German restaurant fell through, so we made a town day in P'cola and found a lot of goodies we'd been hunting for. Then we hit our favorite NICE lunchtime restaurant for bento box lunches, since those aren't available on their dinner menu.

• Like 1

There was a couple on the radio, being interviewed for how incredibly long they had been married - 70 years. When the host asked the wife what their secret was, she said they never fought or disagreed. The husband said yes, that was true except for one time. On their honeymoon, they had gone for a mule ride into the Grand Canyon. The wife's mule balked and she almost fell off into the canyon. She leaned down and whispered 'that's once' into the mule's ear. As they went further, the mule did it again, almost unseating the wife again. She leaned down and whispered in the mule's ear 'that's twice'. Shortly after, the mule tried again to dump the wife off and she jumped off the mule, pulled out her gun and shot it in the head. The husband said he yelled at her for doing that and she looked at him and said 'that's once'.

• Like 3

hehehehehehehehe Oh Deana, that was a good one. And I have to admit that having one of my targets hanging on the wall with oh so many holes in all the right places does serve as gentle reminder to my husband that it might be best to stay on my good side.

Nutti, I am SO happy for you about Dean's new run! This is amazing and awesome and we are definitely going to celebrate it. Can't wait to see your new tie dye styles too.

So I just finished a purge of friends on facebook that took my list from around 1500 mostly strangers to 240 people who I really do know. When my FB page was for my business I had a lot of strangers want to follow me and that was one thing but since I'm not a business anymore, there's no point in having a lot of people I don't know listening to me talk about my personal life. Anyway, the reason I mentioned it here is because sometimes the names here and the names there don't match up so if I deleted someone here, it was not intentional and if you send me a friend request I'll get you back on my list.

I'm disjointed today, partly because i forgot to take my morning meds until almost six hours late and partly because there's a storm rolling around somewhere and the barometric pressure is unsteady. Or it could be that I've been off my blood thinners for two days because of the back injections and that could be causing some fuzziness. I have absolutely no working memory today,,,,,not even of things from the past few hours without putting some serious effort into it. I had a narcoleptic attack that lasted for a couple of hours and actually fell asleep while I was eating lunch. I put the fork down, sorta fell over onto a sofa pillow and was out. I reeeeeeeeally, reeeeeeeally hate it when they mess with my meds like this but it's better than having a bleeding issue around the injection points in my spine. Internal bleeding there would create swelling and that's what they're trying to avoid so I shouldn't complain but I will. LOL

The skinks have not made an appearance since I posted the last picture---perhaps they are camera shy! DH took me to Hobby town and Harbor Freight yesterday after breakfast out. (He says it's the only way he can get me out early enough on Saturday! LOL!) Found the brass paint and a cool parts drawer thing that mounts on the wall. So all the steampunk stuff will be going into that. The rain held off long enough for a friend's son's wedding outdoors so that was great!

• Like 1

Debra, it sounds like you had a wonderful day! Weddings are always entertaining. I love people watching at receptions, especially if there's an open bar. I'm willing to bet that if you went to Harbor Freight you came home with at least a couple more steampunk notions and bits didn't you?

Deana, we'd probably never make it thru an entire conversation what with one or the other of us falling asleep. But it would still be kind of fun. BTW, speaking of your birdies, how many and what kind do you have now?

The countdown to the Summer Sleepover of 2014 is getting close to the 24 hour mark. <twirling around> Nutti will be here in just a little over 24 hours! Woooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Today I'm going to do some laundry, make up the guest bed and clean Bruce's bathroom. <grinning> He keeps it clean himself but there's a difference between "man clean" and "clean enough for company". (Only women really understand that one) I'm putting the guest bed in the sewing room where the shelves are full of mini furniture because that's a nice thing to see first thing in the morning. I get the feeling that our Muses will be enticed to come play with us once we get together so who knows what we'll get up to with rooms full of supplies and power tools. hehehehehe

• Like 3