What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Hazel,so glad your finger is alright,but now your poor kitty is suffering?! Awe,hope she heals fast!

Holly,whatever they gave me was really better than I expected. My surgeon and the anesthesiologist both said it wouldn't give me a 'hang over'. I was just sleepy from all the lack of rest lately and relieved this part was over! :)

A lot of the sleepiness is also relief from all the extra stress you've been having about the surgical procedure, now that it's over. I have had surgeries off & on my whole life and that stress over being cut into never goes away, even when you KNOW it's saving your life. Grab all the sleep you can, it's when your body can heal.

• Like 1

Debra - that card is hilarious!!! Happy Birthday.

I had to catch one of the chimney swifts in the fireplace (it's a bird) and let him go outside. He fell down from the chimney and couldn't get back up and I couldn't reach high enough to put him up past the flue. The exciting part was when I opened the door and he got loose in the house. My 3 cats were not happy I beat them to it.

Deb, I have a new portable oxygen machine that I can fly with so I can travel pretty easy now.

Hazel - thank you for letting us know about your finger and actually getting it looked at. Sorry about the kitty.

Jeremy, you are lucky about getting up! After I had my first child, I refused to use a bed pan and I got up and snuck into the bathroom. My roommate called for help when I passed out on the floor in a large puddle of blood. Bedpans aren't that bad I learned. Just don't yell at someone for wetting the bed for poor placement of the pan.

• Like 2

I am tired. Didnt sleep well last night with the itchy tattoo and the humidity. It is cooler today. I have to touch up the walls in her room later. I found a strong Harvard bed frame for $20 and a mattress and box spring are coming on Saturday. I have today and tomorrow to slap the rest of the paint up. I feel like I have accomplished something. I started it, and I am almost finished.

I aint cooking!

• Like 4

Hey! After reading Jeremy's post I had to go P!!! haha ( sorry I couldn't help it) pass the bedpan please...........Jeremy you sound like my son who recently graduated with his RN.

Kat, I just had to go PINK for ya!!! I had a lot of surgeries I know how you feel....after a while you just walk in and start removing clothing!

I pulled weeds for a hour ( ow my back!) and I didn't make a dent. Went to town to the post office and bank, cursed at all the tourists in my way and came home. So far that's my day! :bear:

• Like 2

I started it, and I am almost finished.

I aint cooking!

When I get caught up in a project, I declare a yoyo night ... as in You're On Your Own for dinner. Lloyd is a good egg, doesn't mind.

• Like 5

I have been checking in but haven't been posting as I've been very tired lately, partly due to my low B12 and partly cos life's got slightly busy. I have at least 2 appointments a week for my recovery and am spending time looking after my mum so dad can go out - she had an ankle fusion 3 weeks ago. Plus appts for my youngest son as his latest xrays have shown he has a bone fragment in his collarbone so he may need surgery.

It was my birthday on Saturday and I was privileged to get to go to lunch with all 3 of my kids and my husband and had good friends over for dinner and 3 of my dear friends took me to lunch on the Monday.

The downside for me with all this going out is that I have developed severe anxiety and have panic attacks that exhaust me, I am seeing a really good counsellor so I'm hopeful it'll be gone soon. He's explained very well to me how amongst everything else I've suffered mental trauma.

On an exciting note I am going to ICU next Thursday to talk to a focus group about my experience in ICU and HDU and what could have helped me. They are looking at ways to make it a better experience for the patients. This came about through one of those God coincidences - one of the guys who plays rugby with my hubby is married to the nurse manager of the critical care department and I ran into her in the clubrooms and the rest as they say is history.

My muscles are slowly rebuilding band with the aid of my crutches I walked 1.4 kms the other weekend - I was shattered afterwards and my legs were shaking but I did it!

And in my weird fashion I have named my hernia "lumpy" as I figured if I have to live with it till they can operate I may as well embrace it!

My congrats to everyone who has had good news - Deb and Nutti I admit to being envious about your sleepover - I'm sure you'll both have an amazing time together! And to those of you going through tough times my prayers are with you.

• Like 1

Poor DH has been searching vainly for new pajamas since the first of the year. All of the stores we shop carry all sorts of PJ bottoms and teeshirts, but no suits of pants & matching jacket tops. We started out looking for local grocery stores that might carry the Tone's spices; when that didn't pan out we started "just lookin'" and lo! We found his pajamas at a Wally World in Daphne, AL!

Debra, your card is cute and I was braindead yesterday and didn't wish you hoppy birdies then. I hope you got lots of goodies.

Helen, I never would have thought to name my hernia! Fortunately it doesn't put in an appearance very often.

Ooooh you're lucky yours hardly ever appears Holly (can't work out how to quote on my tablet) ... When I'm not wearing my binder my daughter and I reckon lumpy looks like a babies head ... Because of my scar and the scar tissue it's all on my left side.

Debora and Helen,Happy Birthday to you both!

Debora,that card is precious and I'm so glad you have a sweety with a fun sense of humor like you! :)

Helen,I am so sorry for the traumas you are still going through,and pray for a full recovery soon,but am also glad you were able to have a wonderful birthday with family and friends! :)

I recorded my day earlier in the other topic, but just want to thank you all for the feeling of a great big family we get when coming here together! I have really been going up and down in my moods today-angry,giddy,irritable,sad,hopeful...would swear I was either a hormonal teenager or still going through menopause-Nope! Just trying to wrap my head around some stuff that I hope gets solved very soon. So,I am very glad this place is here! It's my "Calgon"...as in "Take me away!!" Okay,you might not all get that one,but some may! :lush:

Ooooh you're lucky yours hardly ever appears Holly (can't work out how to quote on my tablet) ... When I'm not wearing my binder my daughter and I reckon lumpy looks like a babies head ... Because of my scar and the scar tissue it's all on my left side.

Mine gets pushed out whenever I have respiratory issues that cause my to cough or sneeze violently (I don't do either in a ladylike way). I keep a small pillow handy whenever I get a cold or flu and push like a mad woman.

Kat, a bubble bath might be just what you need!

• Like 1

Well, our little visitors will be leaving this afternoon. They have been no trouble, but I'll be happy to have the house back to normal. Today is a general clean-up from the week day. I have to make a pan of potato salad for a BBQ we are attending tomorrow. Should be interesting since I have never made it before; my mother's is good so I just ask her to make it if some is needed. I might do some deviled eggs as well; my DH loves them.

I just want all you guys with health issues to know I'm praying for all of you even if I don't post about it. I never thought I'd get so close to people I've haven't even seen in the flesh, but there it is.

Kat, I have a friend who had breast cancer twice with chemo, radiation and the whole bit. She didn't lose her hair at all! You will be gorgeous either way :bigwink:

• Like 4

Well, our little visitors will be leaving this afternoon. They have been no trouble, but I'll be happy to have the house back to normal. Today is a general clean-up from the week day. I have to make a pan of potato salad for a BBQ we are attending tomorrow. Should be interesting since I have never made it before; my mother's is good so I just ask her to make it if some is needed. I might do some deviled eggs as well; my DH loves them.

I just want all you guys with health issues to know I'm praying for all of you even if I don't post about it. I never thought I'd get so close to people I've haven't even seen in the flesh, but there it is.

Kat, I have a friend who had breast cancer twice with chemo, radiation and the whole bit. She didn't lose her hair at all! You will be gorgeous either way :bigwink:

I loooove potato salad-you just gave me a craving!:) I appreciate all your support,Sarah,and I too feel close to those going through so much and hope all goes better for us all soon. I am so glad that your friend was triumphant against the Monster!

Unfortunately,my chemotherapy nurse practitioner confirmed what my doctor said about the type of drug(s) I have to take-my hair will fall out. Buuut,the doctor said it would be after the first treatment and she said it won't start until after the second one-that means I still have awhile,so I am not cutting it or shaving it or freaking out,just yet!:D

Potato salad? Mhhm, delicious!

Don't worry about your hair, Kat. Hair is just dead cells, after all! :D You'll look just as beautiful as ever.

I might go to the hobby shop today. I need glue and paint, but you know I'll come back with more than that! Such lovely minis, I can't resist :wub:

• Like 1

Kat, when my FIL had chemo, he put a cold pack on his head and never lost a hair. Something about the heat and chemicals rising (rather like why you should wear a hat in the winter to keep your head warm)

I can sympathize about losing your hair. I lost most of my almost waist length thick hair from all the meds I was on. It came out in handfuls. I had to change my pillowcases every day from all of it. A pony tail was smaller than my pinkie finger. BUT, it grew back and is just the same as before except I now have a natural wave instead of stick straight. It only took a year. I had a chance to try different hairstyles (I really hate my hair short, but have discovered I don't want it as long as before)

Today I am going out to play in the mini village. I have been inside for too long!

• Like 2