What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I am really happy this morning. Over the weekend I sold two things in my Etsy store. I am waiting for them to clear thru Paypal to my bank before I mail them out. I was bummed at first because I had only sold one thing so far. This woman who lived in my immediate area came and bought something from me a couple weeks ago. She drove by to pick up and paid cash.

But to have two things sold over the weekend has driven me to continue! I am going to make some more molars to sell for jewelry. I am definitely going to start on the oil paintings in miniature, and i think I am going to go thru my stash and sell things I do not really want or need. Do not worry. I would not sell anything that I would regret.

Why am I telling you this? Because I had NO takers of anything I put out for months. I was used to the quick quick quick of Ebay when you sold something. If you are thinking of doing this to make some extra money, give it a try. You may not get a nibble for weeks but eventually someone will want something you are selling!

I was even toying with the idea of making these mini beaded christmas trees that I used to make a long time ago. Very time consuming. If I do those, I am going to need feedback on what I should sell them for.

Jen, Devil wears Prada is one of our favorites also. You might like the movie 27 dresses also. You deserved every single lazy minute you spent on your time off. Fred had ten days this past month. I had all these ideas of what I wanted him to accomplish. After some thought, I left him alone to do what he wanted. He did help me but I let him be a slug on his vacation. He loved it. He slept like a baby.

Muriel, I love watching House repeats when I am doing stuff too.

We are back home! It doesn't "show" when we have wifi access, but when we're on the road & without wifi, I go into GL forum withdrawl! I have two days to catch up laundry & clean the camper and then we're gone again for another weekend of paddling, but this is just in the next county, based at Florida Caverns State park campground. Kayaking is probably the only thing I enjoy as much as minis, with hiking & biking as close seconds.

While we were in New Smyrna we watched GMA (I love the cast) and Robin Roberts was interviewing Rachel Ray about her new cookbook (The Big Orange Book), and when DH & I went out to run errands the AM before we left we found it in a bookstore next to the grocery store, and DH bought it. YUM! As soon as we eat our two leftovers we generated I have a couple of recipes I HAVE to try.

I did my kitchen shelving, and have decided on a colour scheme... well at least for the cabinets. Not entirely sure about the walls yet, but they'll come I'm sure. Just have to spray paint them, which will probably have to wait for time outside. Also have to decide on the counters. Think I might leave them wood, varnished and only perhaps stained.

Training day tomorrow, which means a very early morning with about 2 hours driving there and back in the evening. I'm hoping we might finish early so I can get home for a longer evening of mini-ing. Was going to pick up someone along the way, but she hasn't called me, so haven't arranged anything. Should go over my stuff for tomorrow, but really can't be bothered!! I'm sure in the morning I will wish I had, but for now, na! (well maybe just do the photocopying i need to do that takes ages... :D)

Thank you Muriel, it kind of did... Still in one of those :p need of sunglasses as I have a tough time dealing with the lights... As it its pitch dark outside it isn't to much of a bother any longer LOL

I just got the dutch tile stove today and have it unpacked, and liking it a lot LOL.... WIll have to wait til tomorrow when I hope to get some daylight to get some good photos, now to see how I can decorate it... I will also have to swing by the library as I found a book I hadn't read about Mr Larsson and his family that is supposed to have a lot of great photos from their home. (I called them to see if they had the book and they do and it is avaliable, yay!)

So, Heidi, was the show as great as I hope it should be?

Hugs

Yeah, I'd have loved to have seen the show too! Hope it was good :p

Glad you're feeling a bit better Anna, looking forward to pics ;)

Training day was ok, didn't learn too much new stuff though.

Wondering what to do while i wait for some nice outside weather to spray paint cabinets. Could do some wallpapering. Also gotta decide what to do in the bathroom. Picked up some nice green paint, but will still have to decide on trim colour. White I think.

And what to do with the hallways... I may need opinions! (I'll open another thread though)

:D

The last two days I have been vacuuming and cleaning all the floors in my house. Most are tile and easy to take care of but the hallway is all wood and I have been spot refinishing several worn places. Want to get it done before winter holds us prisoners. Should finish tomorrow. Also doing windows although I know it will not really show. Just wanted to get that film that seems to collect on them off. We have one small bay window that will have to be replaced in an upstairs bedroom. Luckily it is still under warentee, just not sure when the company will get out here to do it. Next I have to start thinking seriously about Thanksgiving.

After breakfast I need DH to run me to the store for last-minute groceries and then while he runs errands I'll finish the last loads of laundry & vacuum the camper and start hauling stuff back out.

This road trip will be a lot shorter in both distance & time, we're headed back to FL Caverns SP campground tomorrow AM for another paddling weekend & then come home, probably Monday.

It is a beautiful day today. Going to start bagging the leaves that I raked yesterday. I am hoping for some help...we will see.

I want to try and finish the beaded Christmas tree today. I had gotten many of the branches done yesterday. Once you get a rhythm going it goes by very quickly.

I have to go pay bills today and get a couple Christmas presents to hide in the closet.

Nat told me she has a boyfriend today. He is going to walk her home from school tomorrow so that he can introduce himself to Fred and I. Being who I am, the next words out of my mouth were for her to give me a heads up...so that if she needs it I will make her a doctors appointment and a trip to the pharmacy. I am too young to be a Nana.

Yup *staring at the leaves out the window* I have got alot of work to do outside.

Here's what I hope to accomplish today: finish up Marie Laveau's Creole Cottage and get the photos taken for the Creatin' Contest. I've been saying this every morning for a week and haven't gotten around to doing it. I'm hoping that by putting it out to the universe by posting here will make it happen! I have a hair appointment at 11:30 ... am going to try to get the voodoo dolls finished before I go. One curtain yet to make, then mainly staging left to do.

I've really enjoyed this project. I think I may be dragging my feet because I don't want it to be finished.

today i have to go to school from 10-12:45 (ugh) then i have to come home and get as much homework as i possibly can finished because i have to work thursday night, friday night, saturday night and sunday morning. LOTS and LOTS of homework this weekend. and no time for minis or friends :'(

I WANNA FREEZE TIME AND WORK ON MINIS!

At work, I'm supposed to get 1/2 an hour a day study time, but very rarely does that happen. So during my 3 month review I mentioned that I needed a dedicated time, and we decided on wednesday afternoon as I leave an hour early anyway. So I'm going to have lunch 2:30-2:30, then study time 2:30-5, then home. I was owed 2 hours time off, so I took that today so I could also have an appointment with the doctor. Before I left my tutor reminded me to do lots of work this afternoon. I reminded him it is time off today, not study time (he said I may as well work anyway ;) ) So this afternoon I did some grocery shopping, came home, rearranged the freezer (very full now!), sorted out some bits for the doc appointment, and had the appointment. So guess this evening should be work time instead? :p Boring! Chris is at school til 8 today, so i've got the tv to myself, which is great!

I took pictures of the rehabbed Barbie house & dolls so they can go off to Toys for Tots when we take the stuff.

I finished all the laundry we generated from our last trip, just in time! We're leaving after breakfast tomorrow back to Florida Caverns State Park's campground to paddle Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I'm SO glad we found me kayaking boots this summer! they really keep the tootsies toasty. We shall be totally without the computer, but we'll be home Monday, so try not to start any mischief 'til I get back, please!

today was a nice day I got up late and even took a nap and ate dinner and now playing online lol

awwwww what a life!

the real world is coming back on saturday when I have to go back to work and no more time off probably until next year....

tonight I plan on getting my quilling bowls completed! that is one step at a time hehehe

35 degs F this morning.

Gas is $1.99 gal regular.

Oil is $2.32 gal.

Indian summer is over here in CT. We might get some light snow showers this week. Nothing huge..just pretty. We still have to rake the top yard of all of it`s leaves...ugh! Not in the mood but it must be done before the snows come.

Nat is in New Haven today for a art club field trip..museum and then shopping. I am still working on the beaded christmas tree. Steadily working on it every day until it is finished. I want to get at least 3 done all together for the Christmas to sell on Etsy.

I am hungry. I want something different. I have Spam (lower sodium version)..I think I am going to make something for lunch with it. I am thinking a spam and muenster cheese grilled sandwich. Mmm!

(sorry for grossing out the Spam haters... :) )

Waiting for the DISH network guy to come and install my equipment. i guess i need new stuff since my original equipment is 7 or so years old. I really have wanted to have A&E so i can watch cold case files. i miss that. and i miss having it on while i work on minis.

So if he comes early, i can go visit my grandparents today. If not, i'll just have enough time to run errands this afternoon and get some things done around the house. have to work tomorrow.

We got home yesterday from our second paddling weekend in three weeks. This time we were in the next county to the West, camping at FL Caverns State Park. Friday we went on a paddle allong the Chipola River from just below the park, where it re-emerges from underground, down to the take-out we use when we do the Spring Creek run. It was overcast all day with occasional sprinkles, but nothing like the storms we heard about in Tallahassee. Saturday night we had storms including a power outage of several hours.

Saturday we paddled Ochheesee Pond, meandering amongst stands of old cypresses, trying not to get lost. The cypress needles had turned a glorious shade of rusty orange that glowed against the gray, cloudy skies, and then burst into flames of color when the sun finally came out (and the temperature plummeted). This is why I have a pair of neoprene watersocks, a pair of divingboots inner liners and a pair of short kayaking boots.

Sunday we paddled the Dry Creek from Black Spring to SR73 and it's a spring-fed creek, so the water was clear as crystal and we could watch the bottom the whole way.

We got home yesterday to find that the storms had generated lightning that once again ate some of our stuff; this time it ate the downstairs telephone & answering machine, the phone jack upstairs we use for the internet access, our C-band satellite dish & receiver and our HDTV set.

Today I went back to help with the health screenings and we finished half a middle school, and hopefully finish up tomorrow.

I'm also finishing up the princess' dress (the one with petitpoint roses).

Browsing around Ebay for I suppose quiliting fabrics, mostly just for fun but I a always looking for neat small prints... Looking for mini skull :) patterned as well as the usual mini paw prints and bones etc, just looooove those. Think I need to visit my mum and take her out on a quilt fabric shopping spree...

Hugs

Well its been a busy weekend/start to the week! I've had an aching back since last wednesday, and on friday we received a letter saying we'd have flat inspection tuesday morning, and I couldn't really bend down to clean! Happily and gratefully my sister, niece and mummy were going to visit and were happy to help tidy. We got most of the kitchen, sitting room, and hobby room tidied by monday early morning, and after we'd gone to work, they stayed on and hoovered and made those three rooms and bathrooms spotless!! So grateful! It was fantastic coming home and seeing all these extra little touches. Like they'd replenished milk and butter which were getting a little low, they did a load of laundry and hung it up, they cleaned the shower door properly (rather than a quick spray or two with the shower), and even replaced a bulb in the airing cupboard which we'd never had working! It was like a treasure hunt, but finding treasures without looking for specific ones.

Anyway, inspection seems to have gone well and we're making extra effort to keep it so lovely.

In the meantime my back is mostly better, though does still twinge when I move in certain ways. My knee hurts instead where i've had to squat instead of bending down :)

Still waiting for an oportunity to spray paint... but its too dark when I get home from work. Will try again this weekend I think.

Holly, I'm enjoying your discriptions of your trips!

Muriel :)