What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Fantastic news, Heidi! Let's hope & pray our other members awaiting diagnostic news are blessed as well. (I'm one of them, not chatty, but one of them)

• Like 3

Hurray for Heidi! I'm so happy everything turned out well.

I'm sitting here in my old paint clothes for the third day in a row. Just the inside of the closet left to go. I wouldn't bother, but the closet is open so you can see where the hall used to be green. Timmy, my baby, is howling and moping around because my mother just took his friends to the vet without him. Heartbreak has set in(they've been gone for about 10 minutes) He's sure they will never be back. Ever.

• Like 1

I am hoping really hard that I am not alone with the good news!

Eating my lunch salad then I am going to sort thru my mini stuff. Everything needs totes! I have to see what I have and buy them. That will get rid of the rest of the clutter that I look at in here. 50% is gone. Another 50% to go.

<clapping my girls together to celebrate Heidi's good news about her girls> Awesome! Let's go for 100% good news around here with other test results. Kathie, whatever you're going thru, you know we've got your back. If you feel like talking we're here and if you don't we're still here........either way we'll surround you with loving thoughts for good news for both you and Lloyd.

I made the appointment with the osteo this morning and see him next Tuesday. He's not in our insurance network so whatever he does is going to have to be limited to reasonable amounts after Medicare pays their part but I'm not going to let him mess with my back anyway. That ship sailed three years ago after I went thru all the facet injections and nerve ablation to no avail but I'm hoping he can at least do something for my hands and the fibro pain. My rheumatologist didn't do trigger point injections and this guy does so I'm willing to give it a try. If they work and he's still too expensive, I'll try to find an acupuncturist as a substitute once I find out if dry needle manipulation might work as well as the trigger point injections. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but an osteopath may be the best choice for me since they at least see the total body and not just one part.

Anyway, this morning I'm filling out more new patient paperwork and planning another fun filled day of bed rest. I think that my back and hip are starting to turn the corner back since I can bear weight on my right leg for a few seconds at a time this morning so that's a major plus. As long as I keep resting and don't jump up to do a dozen things at the first sign of improvement, I might get back on my feet in a couple of weeks. It's a goal anyway and fortunately Bruce is okay with taking care of his own meals and stuff while I'm immobile. Word of advice: always marry a man who has had either a tough mama or a tough drill sergeant because in a crisis they won't starve or run out of clean underwear. hehehehehehe

Timmy, my baby, is howling and moping around because my mother just took his friends to the vet without him. Heartbreak has set in(they've been gone for about 10 minutes) He's sure they will never be back. Ever.

Poor baby. Dogs would be so much happier if they could tell time. Timmy will be such a happy pup when his buddies come home even if they do have that "vet" smell on them. Frankie and Deano always go together even if only one of them needs to be seen because they've never been apart from each other. They're litter mates and identical twins who just can't stand to be separated even if it's only a closed door between rooms. Well, Frankie can't stand it. There are days when Deano would really like to be an only child.

• Like 1

We got our Havana house key back yesterday without drama and today we deliver it to the pest control people and run a few errands. We met up with friends for supper last night and she told me she had spotted a dollhouse at one of our favorite thrift stores, so that will be our next stop. We head back home tomorrow AM, and I am so ready!

• Like 1

Holly, it sounds like this has been an eventful trip for you to say the least with a lot of emotional roller coasters. I'm sorry to hear about your friend but happy that you got to spend time with your kids and other family. After all that plus the tire thing home must be looking even better than usual. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can score the thrift store dollhouse and that it's a real treasure.

Taking a break from weeding the front yard flower beds. Tried to dig up an obnoxious tree-thingy that has survived years of cutting back to ground level and managed to break the handle on my nice big shovel. But I persevered and managed to dig down several inches and cut the main stem and a half dozen good sized side roots. That'll teach that bugger! The sun has crossed over the peak of the roof and made the front off limits for several hours, so I'll go back to work on the back yard while the breeze is making nice. I really want to get the front yard done as the current entry is not very inviting with bags of cow manure/fertilizer and top soil littering the walkway and weeds in great numbers. Lloyd put up a flagpole by the front door, so that attracts attention as well. Thank goodness for the picket fence that blocks most of the mess from passing vehicles, but pedestrians always look to see what's on the other side. (The flowers outside the fence -- mainly iris, day lilies and liriope -- are in rough shape, too, but I think they'll be among the last to get attention, as they're holding their own.)

the kids are off to enroll in school today

Jaxon in 1st and Pixie in the 4th...they are happy and looking forward to

getting back to school and their friends...they have had a very BORING summer...but thats ok...life isnt always exciting and full of fun stuff to do

supposedly the hubster will be home tomorrow...Ive been hearing that for 2 weeks now so Ill believe it when he pulls in the drive with his big rig

I had thought seriously about going out with him but I think I will wait to see how it goes the first time out....I dont mind a 3 week adventure but 6 weeks would be torture...without some serious prep work....today I am cleaning and doing what laundry I can with the excessive heat warnings limiting my dryer use....I like to hang clothes out but I only have a rickety little line out there...that I have intended to remedy for over a yr now

its so hot even the cat is opting for being inside most of the day... :aussie:

• Like 1

Hey Sable will you be close to this??

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chateau-de-Gudanes/207732922690585

I have been following this on Facebook and they just mentioned that The Tour de France usually goes right past them but this yr has been re routed.

I hope you share all your travel adventures ...sounds like a good time!

Nuttiwebgal,

Now I'm addicted to this chateau's progress. I mentioned on their site that I would be in the area and have now been invited to stop by. I think they are charging for personal tours, but that's ok, can't wait to see it! Thanks for the info

• Like 1

Nuttiwebgal,

Now I'm addicted to this chateau's progress. I mentioned on their site that I would be in the area and have now been invited to stop by. I think they are charging for personal tours, but that's ok, can't wait to see it! Thanks for the info

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IM soooooo green!!

I have been following them since TracyT shared them on FB and I WANT TO GO!!!! please take a photo in front of the gates...I shall live vicariously through your camera.....HAVE FUN!! at my Chateau :beer:

Oh gee, thanks ladies, now I have one more thing to get distracted by ..... I adore castles and European mansions, etc. I have it bookmarked. For some reason this site lets me see pictures and discussion even though I'm not a FB member. Love the photos .... sigh ....

Sable, will you have a blog about your trip?

• Like 1

Everybody please have happy thoughts for me that I don't snap at work over the next week. I came close to tears today. And if anyone has any extra patience or niceness pills, pleas send them my way. Thanks! :)

And don't worry, I like my job, we're just getting to our busiest time. Teachers come back Monday, and I'm still creating and moving accounts around. Oh, and we still have 4 or 5 schools under construction / renovation.

But, it'll all be fine, and all get done eventually! :)

• Like 4

Oh my, Tracy, I do understand.

Our district is still without a budget since all the funding from the state is in limbo, the grants are dried up and the voters across all the districts don't want to pay for education. They have voted down all the new funding for education. We were supposed to upgrading all the computers systems this summer from WinXP to a fully supported and fully compatible new OS and peripherals and software. Guess where that process is right now? The high school kids are the ones that are suffering the most because we are not in sync with the rest of the universe. We have a high proportion of older people who vote these things down because they don't understand the whole idea. They think if you have a computer then you are all set - never mind that the computer has only a DOS system or an early Windows one. It's impossible to make it clear that these things are necessary for todays world. sigh ....

I'm sure you will make it through since you are a capable professional but here are some extra thoughts and prayers for extra coping skills and ways to stretch the hours to fit the work.

• Like 1

Hang in there Tracy! And don't forget the essential line of "It's an inherent limitation of the technology" to make people go away if they keep demanding you make the impossible happen.

I'm off to see my GP this morning to find out if I have a brain tumor or not. Fun times. I'm going to have to tell her to back my thyroid dosage down again because she was a little overeager when she increased it last time and I'm in full Grave's mode now. Nope, that's not gonna work so she's going to have to start listening to me when I say "I already know that's too much". I give doctors one chance to see for themselves because it's really the only way they'll believe it but after that they gotta start paying attention to what I already know. It's not like this is my first rodeo. But anyway, I've postponed it long enough and it's time to fling myself thru the shower and go get this over with. Getting test results is almost more nerve wracking than waiting for them.

• Like 1

I got up late (went to bed late) and got all my outside flower baskets watered. Then I sprayed the wasp nest that was under one of my fairy houses (I moved it off the nest yesterday and they all came swarming up from the ground, it was very cool) and now I am descending into the dungeon (basement) to do some laundry and sort xmas stuff into the new tubs I bought. Then I have to clean my filthy house.

Wednesday I had a bicycling accident that left me with road rash, bruises, and a concussion. I spent yesterday at home doped up, but DH forbade me from the use of sharp objects while on pain meds so today I'm going without in order to hopefully get some dh'ing done. I really should be cleaning my own filthy house, but... :nono:

• Like 1

Oh my Cheverly, hope you are back in fighting form soon. Take it easy though, concussions are nothing to mess around with :flowers:

Last night; I went into one of my favorite furniture store "just to look" and found a beautiful buffet cabinet. I'd seen it before, but it went into the too expensive category. Well, they had a floor model with some super-minor damage to it; 50% off plus a $40 coupon means I have a lovely new buffet! I'm so happy not just to have more storage, but because the top is perfect for dollhouses displays. A little paste wax and a colored furniture pen and it is like brand new.

Just now the plumber is here replacing one of our outside faucets. It's been dripping for a while, but decided to let go today.

• Like 1