What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Welcome home, Kathie!

Deana, I can totally relate to the "you look so good" diagnosis! I am a fan of using whatever helps you no matter what anyone else says :)

Well, our new patio is in and dry! The new guys we hired did an amazing job! I'm gearing up to do another room move soon; not as big as last time, just furniture in my youngest son's room to give him more floor space.

We are back from Cuba. What an amazing experience! Would love to compare notes with Anna! No time to read all of the forum as we'll be on the road for the next couple of weeks. Hope to catch up a bit at a time.

Now thqt would be lovley! (When you are settles back in so to speak)

Hugs

• Like 1

We're in tallahassee, since we wanted to check on our house in Havana (I'm still in shock! Wish our tenant had been home...) In a little while we're off to pick up The Kid and take him to supper.

We're in tallahassee, since we wanted to check on our house in Havana (I'm still in shock! Wish our tenant had been home...) In a little while we're off to pick up The Kid and take him to supper.

Why were you in shock? What'd I miss?

Why were you in shock? What'd I miss?

I'm curious too coz if Holly is in shock and really wishes her tenant had been home, it doesn't bode well for someone. Welcome back Kathie! It's always good to see you back and look forward to reading about your travels on your blog.

It was a nice day today. We went to the local Radio Shack and discovered that it's half hobby store (very, veeeery small). I scored some Woodland Scenics water pellets and <drum roll> some HO scale Cherry Blossom trees! They're perfect for bushes for quarter and half scale, depending on where you put them in the landscaping. They're such a pretty pink! I've seen all the shades of green and the autumn palette, but I haven't seen the Cherry Blossoms except in the catalog. I've never used the water pellets before but am really looking forward to trying. The guys working there were really nice and we spent over an hour just chatting with them. After a quiet afternoon of puttering around, I made BLTs for dinner (our once a year splurge with real bacon so Bruce is in a happy coma right now) and now I'm trying not to fall asleep on the couch. Just a quiet day, but a nice one.

• Like 3

Hugs to you Holly and an extra one for no particular reason except that I love you.

Today is going to be spent doing something that I especially hate......getting ready to see a new doctor tomorrow. This is my new GP (hopefully) and as with any first appointment, it's mainly about determining if she's a good fit for me or not. I get a lot of doctor attitude about "That's impossible" when I tell them about my medical history or what's currently happening and each time it happens it makes me more and more reluctant to see a new doctor and start all over again. It took seven years and over fifty doctors to get the three doctor team I had when I left Denver. The one rheumatologist I've seen since we moved was a jerk so I've been on "medical hiatus" and taken a much needed break from all the tests and trauma and scares that they put me thru. I've had all my meds so it's not like I was ignoring my health; I just went as long as I could before having to see a doctor again. Unfortunately I know my thyroid is seriously jacked up again and so are my hands so it's off to see the Wizard time again.

Usually I make sure that a new dr has all the records from my other doctors (all fifty pounds of it), but this time I decided to go in blind and tell give her my list of medical history/timeline plus all of my diagnosed illnesses including what's being treated and what's just being monitored, and then make her talk to me. If she isn't going to believe me about things I can prove thru documentation from other doctors, then she's not going to believe me when I tell her about something new. I need to know that she's open minded to things that don't fit into the standard templates provided by the insurance companies. It's complicated when you're a medical oddity. Some people take a kind of pride in telling doctors "I never react normally to anything" which doctors already know is going to be true for about half their patients because not everyone does react the same way to the same treatments. But if you're a medical oddity it means that you have to convince doctors that your body does things that are contrary to everything they were taught in medical school. For me, some simple biological functions work upside down, like my metabolism and my thyroid functions and almost anything related to my auto-immune system. When your body rejects oxygen as a foreign substance, it's a medical oddity and it's really difficult to convince doctors that you're not some kind of psychological freak or hypochondriac even if you carry around the "Good Psychiatrist's Seal of Sanity" from a shrink (which I do for just that reason). So that's why I've decided to put her to the test right away and if she doesn't believe what I tell her, then I won't waste time on a second appointment. <sighing> I'm sorry to sound down or bitter about this, but it's weighing heavily on my mind. I'd rather go thru a dozen more biopsies without anesthesia than start over with a new doctor. Bear with me while I fidget today and keep your fingers crossed that this doctor will be a good one who can help me.

• Like 1

UUGGGG Deb...I wish you luck...

I have been forced to ignore my health and I will be looking for a new dr myself and you sound like me

it used to be easier to judge weather or not I would like a dr by the way he or she and their staff behaved around a 500lb woman

now...not so much....

but in 23 days I will be doing the same and I hope you get er done with one shot!!

I will start my calls with....I am a wls person....if they do not know what that means.....NEXT....

pretty sure ALOT of my problems with my bones and joints directly are affected by my mal absorption issues.

my problem is I just dont know how to get started....the last time I changed Dr...I went to one my friend was going to...turned out for me he was great and in the end treated my friend like crap....ya just never know....

HHUUUGGGGGSSS and good luck...

we are cooking and getting the house ready to Welcome Jason to our home...hopefully we will see good attitude and ready for positive future....

finished Miss Pixie's Castle last night...now on to other things.... :bear::banana::bear:

• Like 1

It is a week of Doctors. Ugh. I saw the gastro yesterday. I have to have a upper endoscopy next week. It has been over a year since the last one. He wants to see if the *food stuck in chest* feeling is just my GERD or something else. I am not worried. It is probably the GERD.

It is so damp in the house from the rain and humidity. Yuck! Everything feels wet. I dont want to do anything. Chelsea leaves on wed night to stay at a friend`s who is driving her to the airport for her 2 month internship in CA. We will miss her.

Ugh..really hate the dampness.

Why is it that people feel the need to stab one in the back, or rather talk behind one's back instead of adressing the questions directly??? Right now I am pretty disappointed with one in my staff who rather talks behind my back instead of directly with me and rather goes to my boss instead... Ok, whining over, now to try and shake it off and deal with it in the morning.

Hugs

• Like 2

I'm sorry so many are having health issues and such other bad happenings. I do not envy any of it. I am on (exhausted)day 2 back to work with my little 77 year old boss lady,for whom I am a caregiver. She is an end stage COPD patient-I'm sure some here can relate to what she is going through-if not,count your lucky stars! But,we are doing our best to stay positive and to get her back to as 'normal' a routine as she had before gallbladder surgery 2 months ago. She was in rehab at a local nursing home for several weeks and this particular facility is not held favorably by many-I can't speak for it myself,but am so glad she was able to get out of there and come home where I,her nighttime caregiver,and her family can take better care of her,quite frankly...

• Like 1

Spent the day yesterday with my aunt and cousin, on a road trip to Portland to visit cousins there. They are five siblings (second cousins to us) whose mother died a few months ago. She was an accomplished artist and among the things they were handing out to family were some of her paintings. They had already taken all they wanted and we ended up taking about 15 each :) I'll pass them on to my children and grandchildren. I have some of her gorgeous pieces but can always find room for more.

Okay gang, I'm off to see the new doctor. Keep positive vibes going for me please. Having to start this goat-and-pony show all over again from square one is intimidating. I'm still trying to convince my old doctors in Denver to move out here but so far they haven't agreed. LOL So here we go again...........

• Like 4

Our travel plans have suddenly taken a major turn. We are in St. Augustine, Florida, today. This afternoon we received a call from Lloyd's sister, Ann Marie, in Sugar Land, Texas. She is very ill and does not have a good family support system in place. Everyone around her has always relied on her for everything and seem incapable of switching roles. Having to constantly repeat instructions to them is wearing her down to a nubbin. She begged for me to come help coordinate her care and keep the not-so-helpfuls at bay, so I'll be flying from Jacksonville, Florida, to Houston tomorrow. Lloyd will drive there on his own. I don't envy him the two-day drive, but we have to do what we have to do.

Ann Marie said not to change our plans, but we would not be comfortable traveling while knowing she is having so much difficulty. And if we were to complete the trip as planned, we couldn't get to her until about June 26. And by then it might well mean attending her funeral. Prayers and good vibes welcome!

• Like 4

I am exhausted! I was a house cleaning dervish today and now I am paying for it........ow ow my back! LOL Enough whining!

Kat, you are such a sweet and caring person I just know your patient is in very good hands!

• Like 2

Anne Marie and Lloyd are in my prayers, Kathie.

We all spent a quiet day with rain off & on, recovering from our two-day trip to Tallahassee and back. DH has an early dental appointment tomorrow for the start of some major work.

Kathie, how wonderful of you and Lloyd to step up and help. Prayers all goes well.

I spent the day in my younger son's room. Major cleaning and rearranging of furniture took place. The end result came out pretty good if I do say so myself. My dad was worried he'd be mad, but he said, "Love it!" when my DH asked him what he thought :bigwink:

• Like 1