What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

<giggling> I'm sitting out on the patio with the laptop because it's only 95 and still comfortable in the shade; just watching the lizards playing in the yard. There are four out right now: one small horny toad that just broke shell last week, a four inch spotted whiptail young enough to still have a blue tail, a six inch alligator lizard, and the largest of the group, a striped whiptail almost 10 inches long. The striped whiptail is the one dubbed Kidzilla and he's the most familiar with me. He likes to sit on the patio and watch Deano on the other side of the glass door...and Deano likes to sit in the family room and watch Kidzilla watching him. Kidzilla is also as curious as other whiptails which is about as curious as a cat, so he often tries to sneak up as close as he can get to me without being noticed. I think its also a form of Extreme Lizard Sports to see how close he can get without being sprayed by my water pistol coz as soon as he hears me jack back the sooper soaker, he'll jump up in the air, whirl around and beat feet to the other end of the house where he hides between the a/c units. However, later in the day when there's less shade and the temperature is omg-hot, the lizards will come as close as they can so I can spray them with water and cool them off. They'll turn this way and that so I can get all sides of them (including lifting their little feet), then they lick the water droplets off the gravel to have a nice, cool drink. Silly things, these lizards. I'm almost becoming fond of them in a reptilian sort of way.

• Like 2

the lizard populations stays close to the walls here...between the kids catching them and Manos the cat catching them for him and BB to play with...they stand NO

chances. we brought an inside cat with us to Az and now he is an outside commando trooper cat....Birds,Bunny's and leezards all providing the necessary

excersize and training for the boys...

Dean has left on the road for 255 required driving hours..trainer was super happy with his skills and told him he may be tested out at 4 weeks not 6 which means

I may not see my hunny bunny for 4 weeks....the horror of it! seriously I will miss him but so happy one of his dreams has come true... he spent yrs as a factory worker providing for our family and dreamed of driving but I was toooo scared to let him do eeet...Ive grown up since than....life is too short...got a dream...GO out and LIVE it! its fortunate for me my dreams revolve around the craft room(snicker/snort)

yesterday the kids and I did Macaroni pictures for their daddy who will be joining our household on Tuesday....I dont know what round this is but hopefully he will get it together and make it WORK....hoping to get him into either driving or refrigeration school...

.....they want me to go out grocery shopping....BUT this is the time of yr I prefer going at 3am...when its 80 and no sun to burn me alive....and no I dont claim relation to Dracula....but oooo lala the sun gets intense after 10am...

going to go dig out supplies for making water globes for skull mountain and the castle....

• Like 1

I just came in from finishing painting window parts for Washington. I shall have to remake the frames for the lower (working) bathroom window panes, and probably for all the other windows as well (sigh); Gluing in the upper panes left me enough less than half the opening I originally planned, and sanding removes too much material. Boo, hiss.

• Like 1

Lizards! We have them! lol I don't know what the names of them are I should try to take photos and look them up but we have several types. I have one that lives in my courtyard full time. He eats bugs I guess and he loves to sleep on my courtyard wall in the sun. They also hide in the garage and behind flowerpots.

I like most of the lizards but not the snakes! Ewwwww!! My neighbor told me yesterday she had a rattle snake in her courtyard! Here's my pet! Does anyone know what kind of Lizard he is?

post-26465-0-83124600-1402172411_thumb.j

• Like 1

What a gorgeous day today. I did some housework and I am getting ready to put some half chickens on the grill outside. I have acquired a total of 8 african violets. A couple were dirt cheap and the rest were free. I am going to have to hunt down a plant shelf this summer at a yard sale. If I dont find one, I will just go to Ikea.

Offered to work this morning, but as it is with a good friend it made it ok :) Wouldn't have offered if it hadn't been working with her! This morning it rained until I finished at 1, then it was sunshine with clouds in between, so got nice and warm and we had picnic lunch in the garden. Got the big sun umbrella out - ugh eeewwww it was covered in alive and dead creatures, mainly related to spiders and their webs and some snails. So I left it out tonight, it can get rained on and hopefully cleaned a bit and then dry out again. Also managed to finish my book - read so little these days, used to read books a day! Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day, we're invited somewhere for lunch, but otherwise I think I'll actually do some spray painting! We'll see if it actually happens :p

Bed time now though, Night night all :)

Me and my friend went out shopping today, all. Day. Long. I left for her house at 8am, and got home at 9pm. And we only went 3 places. And I went to Ikea for the very first time. Yay me.

Tomorrow I hope to paint the downstairs bathroom. It is fresh sheetrock on most walls, and has only the shower in. Once painting is done, they will come and finish installing the shower, put in the toilet, sink, and light fixture, and baseboard. Then it will finally be done, 6 months later. And yes, there is no light in there, which should make painting fun.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the evening after doing some more cleaning on my landlord's rental trailer on the lot next to mine-wow,I hope I leave my place in better shape when I leave it (one day far from now)! Hopefully the next tenants over there will take better care than the last ones. I see what my mother had to face when she and Daddy managed an apartment complex many years ago.

My real job starts back Monday and it will be a 6-7 day schedule for awhile,so tomorrow will be a precious day of just resting up for it! I day dreamed about my Cool Breeze Cottage project all day long. Guess I'll be doing a lot of that for awhile!

I bet you're gonna get back to having fun,Holly,doing what you love! I missed whether or not you said what your color scheme is?

Roxy,I missed your lizard post earlier-he's so cool! Could it be a Plateau Lizard/-I Googled New Mexico lizards and it looks close,to me. We have just this week discovered Broadheaded skinks in our yard and the neighboring lot. They have a reddish orange head.

Edited by kat57

It's been 10 weeks since my last cigarette. I had been smoking for 40 plus years so figured that was long enough. So when I got a virus in April, I figured it was time to quit. I've been using the patches to assist me. Currently, I can make it until 5 pm each evening before I must put 1/2 of a patch on and I take it off at bedtime. In about two weeks I'll ween off some more. The problem that I'm having through all of this is my complete lack of concentration. I feel all I do all day is stare into space. Nothing is getting done. I have to force myself into snapping out of it. There is a quit smoking commercial on tv showing a man trying to get ready in the morning without his cigarettes. That is what I am going through. Feel like such a space cadet!! Nicotine withdrawal sucks but I don't think I'll fail at fighting it this time. Now I know I can never have just one cigarette cause that will destroy everything I've worked so hard to accomplish. I just want my focus and concentration back.

• Like 5

As a former smoker I salute you Sable! I know how hard it is;I went the cold turkey route 7 years ago,the night of my older son's high school graduation-I do not recommend that!lol But,it felt so good to be free of the chains.:) I know having smoked for so long that it is really hard on you right now,but it sounds like you are determined.(Edit:Well,duh,Kat,after 10 weeks!) Best of luck and I know you are going to feel better soon!

Edited by kat57

Heidi, my grandmother used to grow african violets and from what she said, they're highly addictive. It's cool that you've saved a couple that were at death's door. It feels good to resurrect a plant.

Bruce said that he saw one of the herds of wild horses on the Reservation on his way home tonight and there were three or four new foals. Yay!!! That many foals in a small herd means that it's strong, healthy, and thriving. Last spring there were about 1000 head of wild horses in herds of various sizes so if the other herds are having as many foals as this one, there will be some sizable growth out there.

• Like 2

Roxy, your baby looks like a tree lizard. We have them here, too, but the most common ones we see around houses and yards are the little anoles. Rattlesnakes around people's houses/ yards are VERY unusual; there must be snake nommies in the area (mice, rats, birds...)

Tracy, what color are you painting your bathroom?

Kat, Washington hasn't decided on a color scheme yet. She's a farmouse, so the trim will be white inside and out except the crossbuck kitchen Dutch door, which will be left natural wood.

• Like 1

Menopause sucks. The End. :bomb::blowup::noway::ohmy::freaked::crazyeyes:

I have stuff to plant but the mood that I am in may require me to just stay away from people. And needy animals. I think I will overdose on a healthy dose of Orange is the new black.

• Like 1

We had a nest of rattlesnakes in our garage once but we lived out in the boonies and the snakes didn't know it was our garage, they just thought it was a nice place to sleep. They roamed the yard pretty freely including coming up on the front porch but most of the time, rattlesnakes avoid people so if there was one in an urban yard it wandered in by mistake. Roxy, you're in northern NM, correct? That area has some interesting lizards because it's both desert and low mountain scrub.

I'm gearing up for grocery day. It's the day of the week I dislike the most because just that one hour can wreak havoc on my spine for several days but it's one of those things you just can't avoid.

I think I will overdose on a healthy dose of Orange is the new black.

Is the new season out yet? I've been awaiting it with great anticipation. I'll have to plan my binge watching soon.

• Like 2

Is the new season out yet? I've been awaiting it with great anticipation. I'll have to plan my binge watching soon.

Oh yeah. The season has started. I will try to not watch them all in one sitting.

Okay, so that pretty much confirms my plans for the next few days. LOL!!! I'm anxiously awaiting the new season of Bomb Girls too. I'm as addicted to that one as I am to Orange.

• Like 1

Deb I know how you feel about Grocery day!

we girls took the kidos at 7pm last night and didnt get back home again till 12am....

lucky or unlucky for me about halfway through Amanda went and got me a buggy...kids were SOOO excited for me...

made a huge scene cuz I was sooo lucky to ride when they had to walk...Im like SHUT UP...for the millionth time since leaving the house

I find it embarrassing to have to ride the buggy...I mean they look like nice strong legs and I do look healthy enough to walk...uuuggggg I hate that dern buggy

to many yrs as a fatty HAVING to use the dern thing...I try to always walk even when my knee/hip/back protest..and I ALWAYS pay for it for a few days

today I am attached to my chair again and using my cane....UUUGGGGGGG 23 more days and I can see a dr....Ive been making a list...cuz at this point I have NO idea what needs to be fixed first....

as for Orange is the new black....OMG...I love this show....I am on episode 10....Amanda is behind me so Ive watched a couple of episodes twice(just as good)

Im waiting anxiously for Hemlock Grove to have new episodes.

I also may take dip in the pool today...maybe that will loosen me up....am sporting a little color that isnt red or white!...I usually go out when it is full sun and do kicks and arm excersizes...float on my raft front and back for 10 mins and done....glorified wading pool just doesnt hold my attention long....and when I swim in the afternoon when the shade is on the pool like the kids do I find it tooo COLD to stand up and I KNOW when I walk fast to the house I am gonna slip and fall cuz Im frizzin!

another glorious day here in the Valley of the sun!

Here in the UK all the major grocery stores deliver online food orders. Is that available in the US too? Might be worth considering Deb if it is available - I know computer work is difficult for your hands, but it might be less tiring than going to a store to shop. Here they have the facility to set up shopping lists or see what you order regularly, and you can just tick the box to order it again this time - makes things a bit quicker and easier on fingers.

Yay, finally got my window/door trim sorted. I was being put off deciding what colours to do, finally decided I'd just do it all white, and then while I was getting the pieces out realised that I'd already decided to do them different colours (white, stained or blue and written it on the back of the piece) and stained the ones that needed stained! So have been putting off deciding when I'd already decided, duh! It had been nice weather this morning/early afternoon and was shaking the can of paint to spray paint when the heavens opened. Absolute downpour! Typical :p But managed to get a couple coats in after that before the next shower, and have done another coat this evening. Need to sand before a final coat, but of course need to wait for it to properly dry first. It is a cute house, but not looking forward to all the tiny trim pieces around the roof :p

Grrr, thought I'd get out the next bits I need to do, the porch. I'm not using the railing that came with the kit, but after much searching found fake candy canes that were the right size for the 1/2 scale house. Had been working on the house in the sitting room, so all my bits were on the dvd shelves... Chivs kindly decided to tidy them up... but doesn't recall where he might have put the candy canes (except that he ate one which tasted nice!) They're not with some of the other bits he tided up, and not anywhere else I can think of...

Except for the oxygen hose, I look normal. I ride the store scooters when I can. When I shop, I shop all day and if I walk, I can only do one store. I don't care what people think. I wish my mother would use one - she is off her feet for 2 or 3 days after grocery shopping (but that is a whole other story).

I got a lot done in the yard this weekend. Maybe not by normal people standards, but a lot for me.

We are back from Cuba. What an amazing experience! Would love to compare notes with Anna! No time to read all of the forum as we'll be on the road for the next couple of weeks. Hope to catch up a bit at a time.

• Like 2

Tracy, what color are you painting your bathroom?

Holly, the color is twilight gray by Behr. I bought a gallon a couple months ago for the guest bedroom, but it is not even close to it's turn to be painted. The bathroom has white and gray marble-like tiles, so the gray should look nice. We got about half done today. I think I like the color, but it's hard to tell when you have one little work light. The lighting fixture isn't installed yet.

I still need to find a sink, which is proving to be way harder than it should be.