What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Morgan, did you notice that there are some really nice do-it-yourself kits under the tab by the same name (DIY Kits), with good prices ( http://sasminidolls.weebly.com/diy-kits.html ) ! Comes with the body parts (sounds gruesome, doesn't it?), clothing, etc., so it's all there... you just need to put it together. I just love the expressions on the all her dolls' faces -- absolutely not your run-of-the-mill dolls! The prices on the full-sized dolls may be high for some of us (myself included, unless I give up something else!), but when I think about the hours of work that goes into each doll, not to mention the cost of the mold and other materials, this woman is working for less than a dollar an hour! And every doll is different -- even if 10 people buy "Gina," (at the top of my list), each Gina will be just a little different! I am so tired of using the same old, same old Houseworks (or whatever) dolls, and have been constantly searching for other 1:12 dolls, so that when I found these, I was thrilled. Did you, by the way, see the 1/2 size dolls she has?? How could you not, right?

Happy Anniversary Anna and Tracy. I am always glad to hear about happy long marriages!

I have an anniversary coming up of the opposite sort,but I just celebrate it in my own mind-it will be 20 years since my marriage ended-well,we separated June 5th,1994. If you could have known me back then and what I went through,you'd celebrate it with me. :) I almost erased this note,but,hey-it's what I'm up to and it's on my mind.lol

I hope much better days and weeks for those who have had bad ones.

• Like 1

Nearly killing my hand I finished cutting the risers and discovered I have primed the wrong side of another of Washington's exterior walls; not that it matters, I'll wind up priming the exterior for the final treatments anyway, but I had to quick cut more 1/4" strips of painter's tape to mask doorways and windows and tabs. It's stinking hot & humid, although not stinking hot in the workshop/ playhouse, but still worked up a rolling sweat just masking and priming, which is silly! Soon I'll be taking water bottles out with me, but today it was just easier to come into the house. Since it's the first of the month, all the linens get changed and washed and bathrooms cleaned, so it's not like I haven't had plenty to do. I still have a lot of moving stuff out to the playhouse from my indoor craftroom, since starting next week the latter will become a guestroom again for DS#3's semi-annual visit. I think tomorrow I'll trace window openings so I can start making my working windows and staining stair treads and gluing up the shell to have that out of the way, since we're going out for jazz tomorrow night.

• Like 1

I'm back!!!!!!!!! From an incredible week in California!!!!!! I stayed in Pacific Grove while touring the Pacific coast down to Big Sur and all the coastal wonders along the way. Then back up to San Francisco for a day. I did manage to see a few minis in Chinatown but we never went to any of the miniature shops in California.

I did see a lot of Victorian houses ( took a zillion photos) and have a lot of ideas for colors now! All in all, it was a lot of fun but its also good to be back home in New Mexico. I need to catch up on what all was going on in here this week :)

• Like 3

YAAAAAAAAY,Roxy is back!! I sure have missed you,girl,and am looking forward to all the catching up and seeing all the eye candy!!! I bet Diesel was glad to see y'all!:) I'll be 'talking' to you soon. Now if Stacey will let us know how she is doing...?

• Like 2

Well I must be bored, I found myself dusting......of all things!!!! :p Its so hot I am not in the mood to cook but the dust bunnies did take over the place while I was away. Silly wabbits!

I walked over 18,000 steps today. Plus drove 30 miles during the work day, and even sat at my desk for 3 hours working today. 11 1/2 hour work day, no lunch, and we worked poor Lawson 3 hours over too. I'm too tired to move. My husband ended the work day with 34,000 steps, very busy day at work for us.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the happy thoughts, we did indeed have one of those great s"slow" days just enjoying spending time together doing whatever or nothing so to speak...

As for the renovations, we are coming along,, slow but a steady pace ;) right now we are working on the loft, as in totally gutting it and preparing for insulating it and all the electrical work that needs to be done etc wtc, hopefully by fall we'll have the shell/frame work done and a warm and cozy loft area....

Hugs

• Like 2

Thank you Tracy. You could see the smoke trails for miles and miles. :blowup: Predictable, yes? It rained last night so today will be good for digging up more of the front bed. Hopefully, since it will be cloudy, I wont have to worry about spontaneous combustion today. :pepper:

Just off to the dental hygeinist, does anyone else clean amd floss for an hour before these appointments haha.

No. DH is going in to the dentist this afternoon, so I'm working on the frocery list for on the way home. Hopefully I can get window parts at least primed this morning.

Went to the doctor today. My blood pressure has dropped so dramatically and the pill's side effects are so strong on me that he's taking me off the metoprolol. I'm to ease off by taking half a pill daily for the next week or two and we'll see what happens.

Going to Boston tomorrow so my son can get his stitches out.

• Like 2

I took a half-tablet of metoprolol for the first year and a half I was on it, until my BP started climbing again and I went on a full dose. Later the doctor added a different BP med. I take them both with supper and by the time they peak I'm in bed.

We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary last week. It was quite an evening. We couldn't quite decide what to do, but had babysitter (sister and mum) arranged. Decided on Brazilian rotisserie, but it is in a town nearly an hours drive away. So we decided to get the train, which would mean we could both have a little drink if we wanted to. Needed to drop the car off with Mummy on the way so she could drive up to join my sister babysitting, but the traffic was pretty bad. Dropped Chris off at the station to get the train tickets while I drove to drop the keys with Mummy, before then going to drive back to park in the station car park, which mummy could walk to after work. Traffic was so bad that I didn't think I'd make it back and parked in time, so told Chris to get a refund and we'd pop to a pub here and get the next train an hour later.

Sitting at the pub I thought as we were going later I didn't really want to wait for a table, so thought I'd book a table. Turns out they only do two sittings at 6 (train'd only get there at 7) or 8 (too late really) - they didn't mention this fact at all on the website, where they advertised the evening, or anywhere else for that matter! So then I had to stop drinking my Pimms, find out how much alcohol was in what I'd drunk to see if I'd be ok to drive somewhere if needed (I'd only drunk an inch or so, so was 98% certain I was fine!). Our little town doesn't have a whole load of nice places to eat, so was likely we would need to drive. Decided on a place we'd been to that wasn't too far. Then had to coordinate with Mummy again to get picked up by her so we could drop her at home and drive to the new venue. Splurged and had a fantastic steak, just about the best I've ever had, so I was happy, as was Chris with his. And home before Natasha was sleeping too, so could give her another kiss night night.

Now trying to enjoy the last few weeks of my maternity leave :( It has gone rather quickly! With Natasha it kinda went as expected, but with Allana, suddenly she was 7 months old (now 8 months old)! Back to work in July (after a couple extra weeks booked off as vacation while Chris is still working), though I have worked a few days here and there over the last couple months getting back into it and helping the rota coordinator out when she was short staffed.

We got a rescue cat about 6 weeks ago, she's settled in well, though a bit tentative when exploring the garden (that she stays close is fine with us!) Her name is Mia and Natasha is happy going after her to stroke her. She's now taken to sleeping on the back of the sofa when we're downstairs in the evenings :) nice company!

Chris has cleared his Warhammer tabletop in the last few days, so looking forward to being able to get to my Fairfield again during this last month off work. I'm thinking we really need a nice shelving unit from Ikea to put all our stuff on, it looks very disorganised and messy in the hobby room at the moment - we'll need one big enough for toys too, they're taking over a little on occasion and some shelves for toy rotation would be good I think.

Garden has been very very unsuccessful this year. Planted peas in 4 different locations. 3 made no appearance that I could see, 4th grew to about 6 inch shoots before being demolished by slugs (I think the others probably started shooting but got eaten before they could get going, I didn't check them daily). Carrots got to about an inch high before eaten (2 different sorts in 2 locations), celery was eaten within 2 days of planting out, tomatoes - slugs got one plant, torrential rain another, and a third I rescued and brought inside again. Hoping to put it in a hanging basket soon. Sunflower also damaged by rain and slugs. With cat and 2 kids don't really want to put slug pellets out, but want my veggies too! Onions are still there, though not growing very quickly, coriander and chives - haven't seen any shoots since planted in March. Spinach also not growing (probably eaten). Sigh.

post-2387-0-20336700-1401922085_thumb.jp

Sounds like you're having a really tough couple months Grazhina, happy to hear your blood pressure has come down nicely now and you can reduce the meds for a while at least and hopefully get rid of the horrid side effects.
And others too, I hope things improve again soon!

• Like 2

Muriel, what a lovely long post! I'm so happy to hear things are going well with you guys and your little girls. They do grow up very fast, get all the cuddles you can :)

Grazhina, I'm glad your BP is down; still thinking of and praying for you and yours :hug:

Well, an exciting day had by all my furbabies today., Bunches of men came in a big truck with a very loud jackhammer; highly suspicious to be sure, Giibbs knew they were up to something. Sure enough, they stole our patio! Poor babies didn't even get a single nap all day :lol:

Hi again ☺thank you all so much for your suggestions and understanding it means so much to be able to pop in here and be loved and understood!

I've been enjoying having my oldest son pop in for morning smoko and lunch for the last few days,prior to me ending up in ICU I was lucky to hear from him for birthdays and Christmas.He took the 10 to midnight shift for the time I was in ICU and him and my youngest son took turns helping me eat dinner (I couldn't lift the food cover or cut my food initially) once I was on the ward.To have him in my life again is a real blessing that has come from this rough time.

I rang my husband yesterday and told him my heart is full, I have a fantastic family and amazing friends (you all are included in them) who have shown me great love and support and it definitely balances out the tough stuff.

• Like 5

Oh, there's an awful lot of work/time/money that goes into designing and producing a new kit! Maybe they've just told us because we're family here, and I'm certain they wouldn't have taken the decision easily.

• Like 4