What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

They used to advertise a McGriddle that looked like a pancake breakfast sandwich; yuck! (I have personal issues with Mickey D's)

I'm home today, my hip feels wobbly and my right knee did one of its spasms while I was sitting on the couch knitting the dad-doll's sweater (1:6 cables, y'all...). We went to the grocery store to stock up for the upcoming trip (leaving Monday for 2 weeks that'll include the annual Paddlers' Renezvous.

Nope, no Mickey D pancakes! The 'best' they can do is sausage and egg mcmuffins for breakfast, and think they have some muffins (the sweet cup cake type ones rather than the breakfast ones)

Talking about muffins, I went to Lidl today and they had cool silicone cup cake forms. They can go in the fridge and oven and dishwasher, and are bendy so easy to get your muffin out! Also got a flat silicon sheet which non-slip for rolling out on, but then you can just stick it in the oven without having to transfer stuff to a baking tray! clever!

Well the results of my vet visit for Molly came back this morning. I had been dreading the possibility of cancer and since we lost our male six weeks ago to it it has been he-double-l waiting for me. I did not look forward to another period of time watching her and waiting for the end. The good news is it is not cancer, the bad news is her heart valve stenosis has gotten worse and she has been gaining fluid. She will now be on lasik for the rest of her life. First off we have to get the fluid under control and so she is also on direitics to pull the fluids out. Sigh!!!!!

Dolls, dolls, and more dolls! And Fluffy and I are making a beautiful fretwork Christmas Card Holder...and then Kutie will be cutting some cuts a bit...and back to dolls, and in between, cooking, cleaning, laundry, brooming the snow off the deck, waiting for Princess to come backinside, etc.,,,,the days just fly by! My my!!!!!

brooming the snow off the deck, waiting for Princess to come backinside, etc.,,,,the days just fly by! My my!!!!!

First off...Brrr! Not ready for snow yet. Second..I miss letting the dogs out. I had trained Pokie and Precious (both passed on) so well that I could open the door, they would go out, stay IN the yard, and Precious would let out one bark at the back door to tell us to let them in.

So convenient...

Now I have to put a coat on (on me and the dog) and walk her for about 15-20 mins until she goes...then I have to pick it up. Perla is a lady..she will not GO in her own yard.

Natalie has a trip to Salem Mass. today. Lucky girl. She will basically be gone all day into the evening. I am going to paint the trim for the E. Row while watching tv later on. I have party housework to do but I am not in the mood today. Fred has 10 days off..I can wait for him..hehehehe

We're off to the VA early this morning. Lloyd is to have a procedure preliminary to starting radiation for his prostate cancer. It's rainy and cold out. It matches our moods.

Kathie, Will be thinking of you guys. I went through the same thing. I had 46 treatments. I was afraid that I would glow in the dark !! But it is something that needed to be done. I always went first thing in the morning, so I would get it over with. So, hang in there & keep the faith.

Steve in PA

We're off to the VA early this morning. Lloyd is to have a procedure preliminary to starting radiation for his prostate cancer. It's rainy and cold out. It matches our moods.

Will keep you both in my Prayers. I am going to be working on my Lady Ashley and then out to dinner.

When you check in again, I have sent you lots of good wishes.

I'm going to try again to help with the screenings today; no way yesterday my spasming knee tendon would let me drive, but so far it's OK.

I finished the pieces of the 1:6 dad doll's cabled sweater (front, back & sleeves & sewed it together at the shoulders & sewed the sleeves, so all I have to do now is to block it, sew up the side seams and block them. It turned out SO good! I'll post "before" & "after" pictures in the Barbie Rehab album when I finish the current film roll. I still have shoes; I'm of two minds, as no matter what I do the first thing the kids will do is remove everything and lose the shoes.

I'm not feeling well today. I'm not sick, just feel run down and tired like I ran the mile in under a minute. I'm gonna sleep till 12.30 p.m. then get up and go to work at 1.15, hope it helps. I hate feeling this lazy and sluggish. It's bad 'cause even the Willow calling me is being ignored!

Got a call from the state oil assitance program. They are calling people to set up appointments for delivery. They want to get ahead so that they are not innudated with phone calls on the 3rd. Delivery will be coming on the 3rd. They also told me that we get another fill on top of this one! So when I get down to 1/4 tank again, I can just call and get another fill!

Pressure is off for awhile...that brick is off of my back. I think only those who live in colder climates and rely on oil to heat their homes know how I am feeling.

Even those two fills will make a world of difference this winter. I can sock the money away that I would have used for those fills ($600 each) and save them for when I need fills later on in the winter. I will not be stressing out in February/March.

If you think you are eligible in your state, please try to apply. The states and Feds have added more money to make sure everyone stays warm this winter.

I am backing up Natalie`s iTouch right now. Charging the battery. Then I am going to polish it to a shiny sheen and wrap it up with a $15 iTunes card.

She still thinks that she isnt getting it! LOL I told her the girl broke it.

I am going to paint the trim for the E. Row soon. Just waiting for it to warm up in the living room first.

I have no plans for dinner right now. I need to think of something so I can defrost.

Which one, Ellen?

We finished up the screenings at our third elementary school today, it's finally going MUCH smoother. We were going to start one of our two public highschools tomorrow, but it's their Homecoming! We'll be leaving Monday for two weeks, so I'll have a break from that.

I finished sewing up the 1:6 cabled sweater and the family are dressed & done. Now I'm back working on the petitpoint.

We're having a turkey Italian sausage & pasta casserole tonight, perfect for a yucky, rainy evening.

It is official..I am a big mouth...ROFL

Greg pointed out that I was close to 10k posts. Almost there.

Cheese and Crackers...it is cold today. It was below freezing this morning. It will be okay. It is going to be in the high 50s-mid 60s from today until November 2nd.

I have been sneezing my head off...literally. Anyone else? I do not have a cold and no upper respiratory symptoms. Just sneezing constantly. I know it is probably allergies but I have never had it this bad.

Today is the start of Fred`s 10 day vacation. I can force him to do whatever I want...*get your minds out of the gutter*

Cleaning the house top to bottom and yard work. He is going to wish he was back at the hospital dealing with charts and checking the fridge temps.

Fess up...Who eats the Halloween candy they buy for Halloween before October 31st?

The sales are so good so I have to buy because of the price...then the Butterfingers call from the closet. Heidi..I am lonely!

DH starts his vacation as well so I am soooo with you on the "Honey-do" list of things we will get done while I go to work on Monday-Tuesday then I too have a few days off which will be a nice change :clap:

And as for the gutter... :( no forcing ever needed so to speak huh?!? :giggle:

OK, will hush "me" mouth now LOL

Hugs

Did I mention byt he way that is feels like the monsoon has started here as of today? It hasen't really got light today, the sky is a drizzly greyish colour and it has more or less rained the entire day allready.... I a tryyyying to get some pics of some very special minis, but the flash is needed and I do not want that at all :giggle: Pfffft! (think I will "borrow" a pic instead, sigh!)

Hugs

*no politics*

Is anyone else finding it hard to avoid the elephant in the room? The world economy.

This is going to be a depressing Christmas. I think that is why we are having a slumber party for Nat`s b-day. Have some fun now while we can.

I will pray for all that do not work in a stable form of employment...wondering if anything is stable now.

I am going to work on the E. Row today and try to not think about it.

<snicker>DH is glued to CNBC watching the stock market crash, so here I am, playing online (the school that scheduled us for screenings today has their Homecoming tonight & we didn't feel like hauling everything & setting up to screen maybe two kids...). In a little while I'll send DH up here to play with his stocklists online and I'll go see what movies I can find to watch while I petitpoiint the charted rose border from the "Virgen de Guadalupe" crossstitch picture I did onto the front panel of the new dress I'm making for the Princess Leia doll.

Oh Holly, don't tell him to try and follow the Scandinavian market then as today is officially procalimed as this year's worst ever LOL.... Poor hubby had a fit over it, then got over it and is now watching a movie celebrating his start of vacation :unsure: and I am on here as well LOL

Hugs

I have been busy glueing the foam core adobe house and spackling it. I CANNOT stand anymore political commercials. so have turned the tv OFF. I have a 50 pack of musical movies that John gave me for my birthday and I pop one of those into the dvd player while I am working. We gave up satillite and have ordered movie packs (family classic, comedy classic, westerns and cowboy ) and plan to spend the winter watching movies while working on our hobbies. But am I to understnd the market has gone sour again today? Guess the big bail out didn't help. We are being very practical for christmas this year. our son and dil will get a contribution to the heating bill and other son will get a house payment. Rita

BTW, if anyone cares, the government stopped AIG from using the bailout money (OUR taxes!) to give their departing CEO a $19+ million "golden parachute". If this were a TV movie nobody would believe it!

I finished the first rose, I'll have to hunt up another green shade to replace the one I used up, so I can do the leaves. I'm happily surprised that the motif fits (so far). I surely hope this turns out, it'll be SO pretty if it does.

My big effort of the day was to bring in the plants from the screened porch. We'll hit the low 30s here in the next night or two. I repotted some, tidied up others. Between miniatures and plants and ceramics, we don't have much horizontal space left!