What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Roxy, remember Annie is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge :hug:

Sandy, when we still lived in Havana we got to attend a performance of Chinese acrobats in Tallahassee and one of the performances was the Lion Dance, which is totally awesome. Considering what a magnificent rich history has been almost lost, thanks to the Communist Chinese "Cultural Revolution" I'm glad enough of it is being remembered to share with the rest of the world through these performances.

• Like 4

Sorry for your loss, Roxy.

I spent most of the day online, applying for jobs and sending my resume to law firms that might have openings in the future. I also applied for a legal position at the Children's Hospital in Houston. Tomorrow I'll turn my focus primarily on jobs in the Houston area. I'm trying to stay positive, but the job requirements I'm seeing are a bit different from what I can offer. I know I'll probably pick up the new skills quickly if I'm given time to learn them, but convincing an employer of that with nothing more than a resume and cover letter is daunting.

I got a delivery today. It wasn't a mini, but a brake rotor for my bike. I'm kind of excited to have working rear brakes on the bike again. At the very least it will eliminate the annoying metal scraping metal sound that I hear when I ride now.

As much as I would like to work on my houses, I know I can't devote any time to it until I'm employed again. Working on the Tudor house will be my "treat" for landing a job (hopefully soon).

• Like 2

Thank you Jeremy and everyone!! Today is a better day and I am planning to work on my Orchid. I want to find or make a little dog for the Orchid which will be for Annie. My kitty died last year so I have a cat . The Mouse Family said it would be fine with them if they had pets living there.

Jeremy, I have been thinking of you.....I hope you find a job soon! My sister is a paralegal ( not working) .

• Like 3

Roxxie, I'm so sorry for your loss!

I have been slowly working at finishing up my daughters very neglected Coventry Cottage. I've had to do some bashing as there were a few broken pieces here and there due to moving it so many times over the past few years. Nothing serious but it does change things some what. I will post progress pictures shortly and you will see what I mean. The gingerbread trim on the top is slightly different as a result of the changes but I think it looks okay, I contemplated leaving it off all together but she really wanted it left on so I did the best I could with it. You will see from the pictures that I have changed the color, the blue and yellow just wasn't doing it for me. My daughter was a little upset with me at first but she is warming up to it now that she see's how it is coming together. I have been working on the shingles for the past few days, I made templates of the roof and have been shingling the templates then I will glue the entire piece on once it is complete. I will include a picture of that as well. My DS #2 has very generously decided to order me my dream house, The Pierce, as a late Christmas present. You see he just got his very first job, he is 16, and is loving the idea of having his own money. He has been listening to me talk about this house for years, he is probably tired of hearing about it! LOL Well the house is on order and I'm very patiently, (or not so much) waiting for it to arrive. I'm so very excited, I can hardly contain myself! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

• Like 4

Shelly,I also love your new color combination and your roof shingle colors are great,too. My 25 year old son surprised me with an Orchid kit for Christmas,so I know how tickled you are about your son's sweet gift! Like me,I'm sure you'll enjoy it all the more because he wanted to get it for you-awesome!

We're celebrating our daughters 20th birthday today and as seems to becoming the case more and more it's a day of reminiscing and happy memories. My biggest awwww moment is my often macho husband remembering when he first saw her and how she was the most beautiful "thing" he'd ever seen :)

• Like 3

Okay,Helen,don't make me start tearing up here! Congratulations for having your daughter for 20 wonderful years and I hope her birthday is the best! I know you are like me,my children make everything worthwhile! Have lots of fun making some more awww moments!!:)

• Like 1

Feeling sad this morning. Little Annie passed on in the night........she was a sweet little dog I will miss her following me everywhere in the house all day.

I am not much in the mood to work on the Orchid today...maybe later I will feel better. I think I will go into town and see if I can find ANYTHING at all in the way of minis. Its a real challenge. At least its a nice day for a walk! Have a good day everyone.

Please accept my sympathy in your loss. It's a hard one to lose a good companion.
  • Like 1

Finally found a wallpaper hanger to do our real life kitchen. He looked it over, thought it could be done in a day. Ha. He's had to do some steps he hadn't planned on, so tomorrow (day 3) should see the end of the project. Called AT&T to complain about poor DSL service and found out they could switch us from DSL delivered on copper wire to U-verse internet delivered via fiber optics -- for $5 a month less than what we were paying. And the installer was here the next day. I didn't even have to threaten to drop them for another service.

I did get the Sculpey III prepped and have begun to make 1:12 heads. I figure I may as well make several in hopes that one will turn out good enough to use.

Okay,Helen,don't make me start tearing up here! Congratulations for having your daughter for 20 wonderful years and I hope her birthday is the best! I know you are like me,my children make everything worthwhile! Have lots of fun making some more awww moments!! :)

Awww Kat bless your heart. She's had a pretty good day all round and is off out for dessert with her friends soon. And yes we are very much alike in that our children make everything worthwhile :ohyeah:

• Like 1

I had some good news today! My son (age 31) FINALLY graduated from nursing school with and RN!!! :clap: I am so proud of him! He was one of those kids who took forever to "find himself" and I am so grateful that he found something he wanted to pursue. We need more men nurses!

• Like 7

Congratulations to your son,Roxy! As we know,Holly became a nursing student at an older age and I myself returned to college at 31(and pregnant) to become a certified preschool teacher. Your son's news gives me hope for my 25 year old who has a 2 year college degree but has put off going farther because he can't decide what he really wants to study. You are so right as to the need for more men in nursing. When I was studying to be an LPN in '82,we only had one guy classmate and he left the program very quickly. I am so happy for your son and wish him many happy years in his career!

I am sitting my 11 year old niece tonight and I think she and I will go shopping online for a small dollhouse for her. It can't be a big model right now,but I know she will still have fun with something really small to start out!

• Like 2

Congratulations Roxy, good news for you! I'm sure it's a load off your mind.

I spent the afternoon getting Bespaq's new I Love Lucy living room pieces onto New England Miniatures.

Kinda funny - I opened each and every box to check the piece inside - got to the last little box - and it was empty! No tiny piano stool! Bespaq is shipping me another one though, so all is good.

• Like 2

Congrats to your son, Roxy. Has he passed his boards yet? Until then he's a SN, but since most state nursing exams are online now, it's a lot faster process. I think mine was the next-to-last class to physically write the State Nursing Board Exams in FL; it took 2 1/2 days.

• Like 1

Congratulations, Roxy, to you and your son! I know personally how frustrating it is waiting for a child to "find himself"! My son dropped out of college after one year, got a job as a doorman at one of the posh apartment buildings on Central Park West (Manhattan). He finally went back to school after a couple of years, wound up graduating with a degree in computer programming and honors (Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude)! He's a computer analyst now, but lives for the nights when he does stand-up comedy gigs and/or plays the drums with a band that makes an awful lot of noise -- no rhythm, just noise! Go figure! They gotta do what they gotta do!

• Like 3