What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Jeremy,I had to have a brain scan and a cat scan (which were very expensive and I am uninsured) about 17 years ago,for the doc to rule out tumors and such causing my pain-when he gave me the results of the brain scan,he very seriously told me "There's nothing up there..." I shot back,"I coulda told ya that for free!!" :p

At least for now,my head is feeling a bit better. Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 3

Kat,

I was 15 when I had my first CT scan of my head. The doctor thought my parents already knew about the cyst because it was so large. That was a big surprise for everyone. When he found out I was in AP classes his jaw dropped. I have wondered how creative I could have been if I had all of my right front temporal lobe.

I have found that drinking lots of water help alleviate my headaches.

It took a couple hours of chopping cranberries and apples, but the relish is cooking now.

• Like 1

Mirlitons are stuffed and ready for the oven. Linguine is cooked & ready to be reheated. Shrimp are cleaned -- thank you, Lloyd! Vegetables for the shrimp prepped & ready to add to the frying pan. Table is set. Waiting for call to go pick up friends at their hotel.

A blessed Christmas eve to all. :)

• Like 2

Jeremy,I'm awful about that-I really, really have to remind myself to drink plain water-but it does help me feel better all over when I do,so I will keep that in mind and make a conscious effort to hydrate more when I get another bad headache. Wouldn't it be great if something so simple and common sense will help me!:) Thanx! You are a miracle,if the cyst hasn't affected you more than that! Wow!

I am in a better frame of mind today,I think. My boss lady and one of her brothers and his wife each gave me nice cards with some cash tucked inside. It wasn't a fortune of course,but those few $ made me feel more appreciated than they will ever,ever know! *sniff* I am keeping this between just you guys and me,and will spend it guilt free on something mini! ^_^

:xmas: Happy Holiday,Everyone!!! :xmas:

• Like 2

FYI, I drink 2-3 liters of water every day just to maintain hydration.

During the first half of "Ben Hur" I slow-roasted the chicken for tomorrow and during lunch I baked the tater pie. After breakfast tomorrow I'll assemble the green bean casserole and start the oven mid-morning. It has been COLD here.

Chilly out tonight (about 19 degrees) after a few days of fairly warm weather (40's & 50's) up here. Most of our snow is gone (after we got a little over 15" about a week ago).

It'll be a 'fend for yourself' supper tonight. Tomorrow we will have ham, mashed taters, veggies, gravy, stuffing and lots of goodies for Christmas dinner.

I hope everyone feels better and you all have a great Christmas. I have only had a few migraines in my life, but I know I would NOT wish them on even my worst enemy! So, I really hope you all feel better soon!

Nothing exciting happening here , no gifts or fancy meals , just another day. But I am going to bake a chocolate cake and some cookies to snack on while we're snowed in , it is really coming down. Good thing I have houses to work on.

• Like 2

I drink fluids aplenty,IMO,just not plain water. I'm more of a cranberry-grape juice drinker or hot chamomile or peppermint tea sipper,and always have those at hand,but if doing more plain water (which I hate!) will help with my next sinus headache you betcha I'll drink a bunch!lol

I'm going to my mother's tonight to deal with the bunch for a few hours,then will be blissfully alone at home until work Thursday morning. I hope to make headway on a couple of small projects while I have no interruptions/no excuses. :)

• Like 1

we're only having baked chicken, mashed taters, gravy, a veggie dish and maybe if I can convince the boychild to make bread, some home made bread for dinner tomorrow, that's it.. nothing special... Don't feel like celebrating really.. We aren't exchanging gifts. Christmas' meaning isn't about spending oodles of money on gifts nobody wants, or spoiling family that doesn't give a rats patootie about you.. it's about remembering the birth of a Savior. *shrugs* Call me silly for thinking that's how it should be. A simple remembrance. We aren't spending Christmas with Beloved's family either, thankfully. I don't want to be near them.. They tend to upset me sometimes, so it's better we aren't celebrating with them. :)

~morning

• Like 3

Kat, one trick I use to make water more palatable is to slice up oranges and lemons into 1/4 inch slices and add it to a pitcher of plain water with ice. I can't explain it, but it makes it taste "fresher" somehow. Citrus is expensive up here right now so it's more of a summer thing for me, but where you are in Florida I'm sure it's easier to get. I'm missing the Christmas Eve service at church because of the rotten cold I have. Don't feel too bad, but I don't like to spread germs around if I can avoid it.

• Like 2

chapchap, we do that, or we chop up mint and cucumber in the water to infuse it with the water, to give it 'flavor'... it works. :D we sometimes add other fruits like halved grapes, or even apple slices.. tasty. :)

~morning

• Like 1

I got a very late start on my cookie and candy making, but finally am making a little progress. Got a batch of jam made for Anslee to take to her Grammy's, it was still cooling with the kids off when she ran out. Made a giant gingerbread man (out of gingerbread), and chocolate covered cookie balls. Next up is sugar cookies (from the tube, need something easy), and I'll make buckeye dough while those cook. I would like to get chocolate chip cookies made for Santa, but he may be stuck with sugar cookies only.

• Like 1

We are having a turkey dinner tonight! DH baked a pumpkin pie this morning, and it's turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce for dinner! Happy sigh.

Later it's time for our favorite Xmas movie "Love Actually."

Last night was popcorn with the first of the holiday movies "Nightmare Before Christmas."

Wishing everyone peace on earth.

• Like 1

FYI, I drink 2-3 liters of water every day just to maintain hydration.

I go up to 3 days without drinking anything at regular intervals, but I'm trying to break the habit. For years I would get awful kidney pain if I drank more than a few glasses of water a day. My 1st surgery this year fixed that. I had no idea fluid was backing up in my kidney due to a narrow ureter.

Man, those zombies were fast. They only got a couple of bites before I got away. The dark spot takes up even more space on the other images.

32629_10200973641930306_1109323157_n.jpg

The image is scanned looking up, so everything on the left is actually on the right. Hard to believe I didn't ride the short bus.

Dinner was a success. We're cooking large turkey dinners several times a year now, so we have a pretty good system in place. Tomorrow's leftovers are going to be great.

I loves me some citrus in water. I can't drink straight OJ, so this works. :D I love apple juice too. Something I should tell you.. I'm in recovery.. New Year's Eve will be 2 yrs sober, for me. So I try to find interesting ways to dress up water, tea and water :D.. I am lactose intolerant, so my choices are quite limited. I rarely drink soft drinks because the carbonation makes my tummy unhappy. And the caffeine is bad for my head... I will occasionally drink a flat ginger ale.

<3 btw, do I sound crazy yet?

~morning

• Like 2

I wasn't gonna correct her,as it was very nice of her to think of the citrus and water-which I do love! Plus it was karma payback for me getting Janet and Sarah mixed up because of their furbaby avatars!LOL Life is too short to worry about some things...

Hope you feel better soon,Sarah!!

And bravo to you Morning!! I'm happy for you!! You aren't crazy sounding at all-you are someone who has won a big battle in a HUGE war! Not everyone can get as far as you have...

I had 2 family members who are dead now,basically because of their alcoholism-my father who didn't take good care of himself and had a massive stroke that left him permanently brain damaged for 7 years; and my younger brother who was intoxicated on New Year's Eve,9 years ago next week,and was struck and killed instantly by an SUV. I am not a teetotaler,but I also don't drink like they did and like my sister,older brother and several nephews do.That is one reason I hate Holidays.

• Like 2

Bless you kat.. I fight this demon every day. Some days are better than others. Though I will tell you this, the smell of certain liquors make me sick to my stomach, so that's a good thing. :)

True story: I was at the office where my husband works, not too long ago and had a piece of cake.. no one told me it was 'rum cake'.. And I couldn't smell the rum. I took one bite and very nearly choked. I didn't swallow the bite though. I spit it out and spent the next hour trying to get the taste out of my mouth. 3 of the 99cent cans of Peace? tea (you know the kind .. tall cans with lemonade and tea or tea and pink lemonade).. still couldn't get rid of the taste. Suffice to say, I won't ever eat anything offered to me, from anyone at the office again.

If I start drinking again, I will die, because I won't be able to stop. My liver cannot handle the effects of the alcohol. I had the beginnings of cirrhosis of the liver, a couple of years ago. Since I stopped drinking, my liver has managed to heal it's self. Not going to risk that again.

I don't know what it is about this group, that makes me feel so safe in sharing so much about myself, but I do... I've never shared this much about myself so soon...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

• Like 3

It's because we will never,ever judge you here (We may not always agree with each other,true human nature,but no one judges each other!) and because you love miniatures and dollhouses! Hey,what's not to love about that? :thumbup:

• Like 3

It's because we will never,ever judge you here (We may not always agree with each other,true human nature,but no one judges each other!) and because you love miniatures and dollhouses! Hey,what's not to love about that? :thumbup:

I do love miniatures and dollhouses.. and I love all of y'all :chat: :throb: :thumbup:

~morning