What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm feeling guilty about being such a slug for last few days with the darn cold. Today I got groceries, cleaned out the microwave (a compromise after talking myself out of cleaning the fridge), cut some matboard into smaller pieces for drawing, and did laundrey. Now I'm craving homemade pimento cheese spread (aka the 'Pate of the South') and I spotted a recipe for lace cookies. I have all the ingredients, so no reason to hold back. I'll be back at work tomorrow, so I might as well get up and do something useful and fun. I take off for art camp on the 20th for a week, so I'm trying to set aside some extra projects to take with me: small mini kits I haven't put together, some knitting,a playaway or two. We'll have studio time till the wee hours. My big son has filled my ipod with music I asked for, but I noticed he thinks mamma will also like "Flaming Lips"?

I got to go by the jail and get fingerprinted this AM :cheer::( so the Health Department can do an new background check on me so I can be allowed to test school children's vision & hearing & weigh & measure them for BMIs. When I took my print card back to the Health Department to turn in I got to visit with many of my good buddies who are still there, show off my pacemaker scar and find out all about their families! My friend & former school health supervisor is not the DON and collects elephants, so I'm always finding nifty elephants for her; she was out of her office so I left a bagful of the latest goodies (including an elephant nap-pillow & an elephant cream pitcher) on one of her chairs.

We spent the rest of the day in Tallahassee running errands.

Ooh, I collect Elephants too! I had to leave a fantastic one at IKEA today though. Lovely and big and cuddly, and looked like it needed plenty of cuddles too. £12.99 was out of my budget for today... did indicate i'd like it for christmas though :( If anyone has any cool elephant pictures I'd love to see them! pm me for my email address if you have any you can send.

Today I had a lie in (day off in lieu of working saturday), did some tidying, couple loads laundry and a dishwasher load. Then picked sister and niece up from bristol train station and went on to IKEA. Shopped and dinnered there with mummy before coming home.

Back to work tomorrow, no fun!

I did the dishes today as well as doing 2 loads of laundry....the whole day my thoughts have been on which dollhouse to get....I keep waffling back and forth on whether to get the Newport (at a good deal of 195), the Garfield (at 234) or the Pierce (at 135)....then I realized how small the Newport was so I figured I could build it for my kids. Then I was thinking maybe I should wait until the 50% sale at Miniatures.com and get my dream house (The Queen Anne II....ever since I was about 8)

yup my thoughts are a mess....

Grrrr!

Does anyone want a slightly used teenager? Real cheap? No reasonable (or unreasonable) offer refused!!

Natalie informs me yesterday that she wants (me) to buy her a costume for Halloween this year! I was under the impression that she was NOT doing this anymore. I did not budget for a costume this month. I have money for her sleepover, oil to heat the house (i have to call today), bills, and weekly expenses.

I am SOOOO looking forward to the attitude that will come when I tell her I do not have an extra $30-40 for a costume.

Can I stay at someone`s house from the forum?? LOL

She has been so snarly lately. I am the wicked witch of the Northeast in her eyes. I know it is her going thru her Teenagery stuff so I ignore most of it. (not any outright disrespect..just the eye rolling and faces). I learned from experience (Chelsea) to pick your battles. Faces, exhaling of breath, and eye rolling are not on my list. I know this too shall pass.

I also have to give Chelsea $30 tomorrow for a mandatory CPR class. She gets paid on Friday and says she will pay me back. We have to see how lean her paycheck is first..She needs her hair done pronto (purple hair w/black roots is not becoming). So I may not see that money until the 24th.

:angry: wonder how she would react over here in the "cold" Sweden Heidi??? She would have a hard time finding much anything connected with Halloween and costumes... :giggle:

Hugs

:angry: wonder how she would react over here in the "cold" Sweden Heidi???

Hugs

Is that an offer up for bid? ROFL

Called the oil company. $3.04 a gallon. Better then last year.

I could wrangle the money from somewhere to pay for the costume but I do not want to do that. I hate being lean on the weekly budgeted money.

It has risen to so much lately. The amount I need each week to pay for food, gas, and other expenses keeps creeping up.

And I AM NOT SEWING!

Heidi,

Challenge her to use her own creative endeavors to create her a costume from what she has there at home. She is old enough and should be able to handle things like this on her own now.

As the weather is very nice over here today, chilly yes but the sky is blue and the sun is still showing itself DH thought we ought to take the oppurtunity to BBQ so he's outside right now tending to that :angry: then I am hoping for some serious mini-ing after dinner, the fingers are itching for that! I have a couple of ideas I want to try...

Hugs

Had a weird forum-related dream last night....I dreamt that there was a hide+seek thing going on with Heidi's lil spider Norman, and that when you found him hiding somewhere in the forum, you got to use him in your signature as well....

Was pretty cool actually, and something I could see happening LOL

Can I stay at someone`s house from the forum?? LOL
You're always welcome to come visit and stay with us when we're home, Heidi. Roll your eyes right back at Nat and tell her since she still wants to dress up for Hallowe'en, she's a big girl now and can use her creative talents to make her own costume. If Chelsea pays you back in time, you could take her around to the thrift stores to see what's neat that she could use.

She is just a pain in the butt lately. I think the lack of junk food is wearing on her..hehehe. Last night I made a vegan Chili Mac. Chelsea ate it for dinner and took leftovers to work. I also made a cucumber,tomato, red onion salad with vinaigrette. Sweet potato fries (home made), and I had a skirt steak that I sliced thin in strips, marinated, and grilled.

Nat said.."I want pizza." Yeah..okay..I made dinner and you want pizza. Keep dreaming lil girl.

Chelsea is working full time today (and tomorrow) at another location. Her regular post is closed for the next two days because of Yom Kippur and Teachers meetings. Then she does not have work for Monday. She is going to be dead dog tired. After work today, she has to take a CPR class in the evening.

I am just plugging along like a zombie princess.

As for the costume situation, Nat has a pretty black and pink dress (with tulle underneath) that she wore for her middle school graduation. I still have a long black cape I made a couple halloweens ago. She could wear those, get some stripped tights, and she could be a witch or who knows what.

We will see how that flies with her.

Chels is rolling with the recession..Nat is acting clueless..and she is in a humanities class so I KNOW she KNOWS.

{{HUGS}}, Heidi, Nat's just being a teenager, and one of the "rules" of being a teenager is testing Mom to see what it takes to get her mad enough to give you something to really complain about. Remember my mantra, grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenaged kids.

Apparently I overdid Monday & Tuesday, still hobbling around with the hiking stick. At least the pain is all localized into the lateral right knee. I started wigging the ghostly "working girls" and selected the 1:6 dolls to rehab for the dhs for Toys for Tots. I've begun the shaping on the dress front I'm knitting for Miss Grayson.

I exhausted myself today so will sign off soon and go night-night. We started our day at 6:30 where we had an uneventful drive to Missoula, Doug had his medicals, then a run through Wal-Mart and Costco for stocking up on winter supplies. We had an uneventful ride home. Doug was "crippled" so I had to unload the car and put things away, help him up the stairs and he's now in bed, and I'm trying to catch up on things. Yep, I'm pooped! Holly sorry you are hobbling around, it's my turn tomorrow OK?

Hugs to all

Up at 4am.

I had a migraine last night, took a pill and went nighty night early. Had some Dust bowl type dreams and said that is enough and got up.

Fred does not have to go in for jury duty today so we may go out for cheap breakfast. Found a place where we can each eat a nice one and pay $10 total.

I have to do some dickering today. Our oil company is charging $3.04 gal..competitor is charging $2.94 gal. Going to call and ask if they will give us that rate. I will say if you cannot, I will get my oil fill from the other guy. It will save us $20.

Going to pick up the mirror for the scooter today.

Nat is keen on using the dress and cape for her Halloween costume. Yeah! Borders had a big clearance aisle set up yesterday. I bought a book with a series of Lovecraft spooky stories for 3.99.

Regular errands to run today...blech!

It's a squuzzy day and DH is having fun watching the stockmarket's gyrations (death throes?) on CNBC. I hope to finish wigging the ghostly Filles de joie today and start on some 1:6 doll rehabs; and then knit some more on my princess's little dress.

I'm still using the hiking stick, but so far no spasms...

I have been asleep or drinking fluids and/or hacking my head off since early last Monday with the first cold of the season. Since it's rare that I get more than one, I'm hoping this means clear sailing until spring. (Call me a cockeyed optimist!) I'm too old for this nonsense going on in my body; it's wearing me out. Lloyd has been trying to get me to call the doctor, but I can feel my body working through the symptoms -- headache abated by Wednesday, sore throat/swollen glands gradually faded to no pain, just a little swelling, and post nasal drip also slowly abating, although it kept me up most of last night with the annoying kind of cough. Being retired, there wasn't much on my agenda, but I rescheduled a haircut from Wednesday to Friday (today) and am now waiting for the shop to open so I can call to reschedule for next week. I don't have the energy to get there, and they don't want me in the shop, for sure! I haven't even had the energy to read through many of the forum postings. Now, that's a REAL bummer!