What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I forgot to mention my great fortune yesterday. Fortune Cookie that is..

Everytime my friend and I go to yard sales on Saturday,we go to eat cheap chinese lunch. I always always always get stinky fortunes...except for yesterday.

"Broke is only temporary. Poor is a state of mind."

That is a fridge worthy fortune!

It's going to be another lovely day in the Heartland, 80 F and clear. I should be out working in the garden, but I think I'd rather work on Marie Laveau's house. I really do need to figure out how to electrify it, now that it's finished. I should have known I wouldn't be satisfied with it unless it had light inside. I don't even feel a need to have lamps that work ... lights hidden in the ceiling/roof that will illuminate the interior would be okay. The lighting for the period is candles and kerosene or oil lamps, and if we figure it's bathed in perpetual daylight, there's no need for them to light up.

Unless there are two separate lighting systems ... :lol: ... one for general illumination, one for a couple of lamps or candles.

I KNEW I should have finished this a while ago. I'm giving myself waaaaay to much time to think about (read: complicate) this!

If only I'd glued the house to the base ... *sigh*

Doing the happy dance as I were able to snag the X-files action figures/dolls :lol: I wanted to make a roombox kind of scene from the TV series, yay!

It has finally stopped raining as well after having more or less poured down the whole day, so that feels great as well!

Hugs

Doing the happy dance as I were able to snag the X-files action figures/dolls :lol: I wanted to make a roombox kind of scene from the TV series, yay!

It has finally stopped raining as well after having more or less poured down the whole day, so that feels great as well!

Hugs

Have you seen the movie?

The four of us went to the movie. Chelsea and I were glued to the screen. Fred and Natalie were falling asleep..LOL

I guess it was only good for people who liked the series.

Have you seen the movie?

The four of us went to the movie. Chelsea and I were glued to the screen. Fred and Natalie were falling asleep..LOL

I guess it was only good for people who liked the series.

Yep, we went to see it in mid August I think and it was a neat show as we have been following the show over the years and even bought the full DVD box... Now I will be able to start planning my roombox "sceen" ie go over my saved pics and use those for reference... The seller is super nice to deal with as well so that was a plus.

Hugs

Today I finished baking those muffins I was putting into the oven yesterday when all the excitement occurred! I have a handy dandy convection oven up my sleeve disguised as an electric skillet/broiler/oven.....HA The Gods are not getting to me today! I'm prepared!

Tomorrow the adjuster comes, and next Monday the new stove arrives on the scene. I will be ready!

Well, didn't do any work on the Garf today. I spent all this time in the basement. just taking a lunch/cup of tea break. I was contemplating sitting around and watching amovie, but i guess i'll use the rest of this day on stuff that needs to get done around the house...that way my next day off can just be dedicated to the Garf. Next saturday i will be helping my brother move to an apartment, so that will only leave me sunday for hobbies. yep, better use today wisely.

next step is to go thru the spare bedroom and move some stuff to the basement.

I worked on lighting for Marie Laveau's house. Found a half dozen swivel lights in my stash, mounted them on a board that goes the width of the house (2 rooms) up under the roof overhang. It hides the lights. Unfortunately, I think I mixed wires or something, as the lights come on, then dim and go out. If I turn them off then on again, they come on, briefly.

The lights are attached to a piece of tape that goes the whole width of the house. There's a tape under the house attached to the splice/ etc. Connecting the two pieces of tape are two copper wires that are heavier than the skinny wires on the bulbs. I THINK the unbalance of wires is what's causing the problem, but I'm not sure. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

It could be that les Mmes Laveau don't want electricity in their maison.

I sewed 1:12 doll clothes and watched movies on TNT today up to the last hour of "Titanic" and then got a better offer (our local pub has live acoustic music every First Sunday).

It could be that les Mmes Laveau don't want electricity in their maison.

I sewed 1:12 doll clothes and watched movies on TNT today up to the last hour of "Titanic" and then got a better offer (our local pub has live acoustic music every First Sunday).

It's either these lights or a flashlight when I want to see inside. I think they'll come around to the installed lights after getting flashed in the eyes more than once.

Xochi was watching Titanic while I was working. I can hear the TV but not see it from my craft area. She turned it off before the boat went down, which was fine with me. There's enough grief in the world without seeking it out on TV. The pub sounds like a much better way to spend the evening!

Working again today. It seems I don't have much mini-ing time, even though my hours were cut. With hours getting slashed, everyone seems to be doing the work of two or more people. Less hours + less people= more work & higher expectations. I just don't like that math. With the onset of cooler weather, I am getting in the insulated winter wear stock. Heavy coats, heavy coveralls and bibs. My arms and shoulders are really sore. Another store manager was there helping out since my manager had surgery last Thursday. In an attempt to help me, he accidentaly pinched my arm inbetween some hangers and now I have a nasty pinch bruise on my arm :) . I have Wednesday off and I am going to try and finish the rag rug for the Glencroft bedroom. It needs a few more pieces of furniture and some wall art and I can call at least the bedroom done. I have to redo the kitchen as the furbabys decided they didn't like the wall paper and started picking at it. I wasn't happy with it anyway. I just need to come up with something for it. No ideas at all. Oh, and yesterday, I caught big ol' Newman squeezing hiself into my Adams entry. I didn't think I could move that fast!! Fortunately, he didn't break anything. Silly cats!!

Nothing better then having breakfast made by someone else. Ahhh!

Another rainy day today. Back to the grind. At least there is a half day on Thurs (teacher meetings), no school on Friday (same thing) and no school on Monday (columbus day). I have to remember to get a lamb shank for my sauce for dinner on Monday. Mmm! Spaghetti dinner. Old traditions never die. Italian dinner on Columbus day is one of them.

We found out the hard way on our trip home the first year we retired what a much bigger deal Columbus Day is in New England than it is here in the Southeast.

I've started in with the homemade soups, something we both prefer and is a lot healthier than the canned soups we eat when the weather's hot.

Today I want to find out if my leg's healed up enough to ride the tandem bike; I've been doing stretches for the past few days.

Holly, Columbo day is not as much a big deal as it used to be but you are right. No school, banks are closed, etc.

Mostly it is Italians celebrating it. My mother used to make a big dinner every year. As the years go by, people only enjoy the fact that there is no school and no work for some. You can talk about the fact the he wasnt actually the first to discover and what happened the native americans. But it just gave our family (and many others) a day to feast away.

LOL Now I want a cannoli.

Okay, I'm going to ensure that after I clean all the bathrooms, and dust the house that I make time for the Hippie House!

School has been a killer for the last 2 months with 4 hours of homework a night but, now the theory load has lightend up considerably and I have a few extra hours to finally get to the Arthur! Whoo hooo!

I've been on Dollhouse deprivation for waaay too long and my fingers are itchin' to get this finished!

Okay I am going to say it...It is freakishly cold this AM! Brrrrr! It is 44 deg F but feels more like 40 or less!

That is it! If I have to drag these men (fred and his BF) to the livingroom to get the AC out of the window..I swear I will do it.

This is the AC that was dripping water. I was able to be creative in keeping the water off the floor while it was in use this summer. It is older (about 6-7 yrs) and it has got to go. It is a big one and it stays in the window year round. So of course I have had to insulate all around it, shoving foam pieces in every crack, covering it with plastic, then covering the outside with a cover. PIA I tell you.

How would you trick them into doing this for you? They have to take it out, bring it out back to the side of the house. In the Spring, we will have dump run and get rid of it.

I have am going to start covering windows today. I have to remember to get the glass insert for the screen door too. This is the reason I really have no mini time at this time of year.

Freak! It is cold..going to find my winter slippers.

We did it! I got to ride the tandem bike for 7 miles! and my leg held up and I was tired but NOT sore at all.

Great you must be thrilled!

You wanna hear about my morning so far??

First off..we rent two cable boxes from the cable company. Last night the majority of the channels on the box in my bedroom were not available (they always used to be).

I called and they tried to fix it remotely but it did not work. So they told me to bring the box in for a switch. No problemo.

I go, get it, hook it up, and find out that the reason the box didnt work was because they started the new channel conversion. It was a really older model, so because of the conversion, the signal must not be working.

Here is where it gets funny. The cable box downstairs is now acting up. It is new too. I had to switch it a couple weeks ago cause it basically died (it was a couple years old). So I call the cable company...they cannot fix that one remotely either!

My guess is that the lineman screwed up with the wire changes and the cable company cannot access the boxes at all! If I was the devious sort, I would not pay my bill....hehehe They would not be able to turn it off.

So guess what?

Come on...just guess..

You are right! I have to unplug that one and drive across town again and swap THAT one! The girls are going to be so angry. The box in the livingroom is the DVR one..they have movies on there they havent seen.

I cannot keep it long because it is all screwed up.

Ugh!

Anyone want to do it for me?

well, i've lounged around long enough. haven't decided how to spend my day...dollhousing, watching movies, or whatever. maybe i'll have one more cup of tea to think things out then decide :idiot:

Working all week, taking Friday afternoon to head of the the Moosehead Lakes region of Maine for a nice long relaxing 3 day weekend at a friends camp. Just us, a warm fire, and no telephone. :(

Sounds like heaven!!! That is the part that starts with "taking Friday afternoon...." Enjoy it!!!

Hugs