What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I have so much to do today...ugh!

Going with friend to check out her new apartment before she signs the lease

Weed wack the front yard for yard sale

clean up front of house (street) for yard sale (we do not have sidewalks)

dig out more stuff for yard sale in the basement

tag the stuff

Voluntarily commit myself for agreeing to hold a yard sale

clean the kitchen

drag tables from back yard to front yard

make dinner

Help make signs

Pick up balloons for tomorrow

I have to be strong too. There are 158 yard sales being held today in my area! ;) I KNOW my friend is going to want to go shopping at them. I cannot. I have to be strong. I will be holding my own sale tomorrow and I have so much to do...

I need to delegate!

Yikes Heidi, yep you definitley need to delegate!

We have one of those "home improvement" ind of weekends, ie cleaning inside as well as the garden... Hubby has scrubbed the patio floor with anit-algae and as it is now almost dry I am debating with myself if I should venture outside with the brush and oil to re-oil it for the winter...

We do these things very casually though, as in "do one chore" have a few minutes of doing something fun, do another chore etc etc... Right now I ought to take a round with the vacum cleaner, then perhaps some sanding on the Bellman chairs for Mr LE Arthur...

Hugs

Hold off on the oil until the wood's totally dry, Anna. Good luck on the sale, Heid; our forecast says rain and the sun's out in full force in our front yard just now.

Today I'm getting around without the hiking stick, put a load of clothes in to wash (DH is a great cook, but he doesn't do laundry!lol).

I did hold of for as long as I could LOL but after cheching and re-checing the patio deck was dry I wer eable to get that oil on, sheesh, but it is done so that is a good thing as the temperature is slowly dropping nowadays, we can really feel the winter approching especially in the early morning hours... On the good side of this is that that is out of the way leaving more play time tomorrow B) which is always a good thing!

Have done a few "mini-ing" bits and pieces as well today, had dry-fitted the chair kits I got at the show and now they are glued together and just need some more sanding to get the edges smooooooth prior to painting them as well as dressing them in the blue/white checkered fabric...Mr LE Arthur is sooooo nice to work with and has such a soft tone when he asks for things.

Laundry is done and hung to dry, next "must" is to tend to dinner I think but that is OK as well.

Pleae do continue to take it easy though Holly!!!!

Hugs

Somewhere (I can no longer find it) I printed a whole page of different decorative leaves, two-sided (caladiums, etc), enough for SEVERAL arrangements, that I glued together and cut out and glued to wire stems before our post-Labor Day trip. When we got home I made all but the tiniest into plant sprays and painted all the stems, and since convalescing I've been making them into arrangements. I have two big wooden beads leftover from what I got for our last two tilly-hats, and they make lovely vases! So I've been playing mini florist the past two days.

I got up early, to get all the books addressed and ready so Dan took them to the post office and sent them off to their new homes where they wont be neglected and forgotten like they were here, lol. Then, I went to my dentist for a root canal, and temp crown. Unfortunately, I always have a very hard time numbing up. My dentist has a number of other MS patients, and for some odd reason, most of us have the same problem. He checked with several other dentists, and they said it is the same for their MS patients. They don't know why. When I had a simple wisdom tooth extraction, I had to have an additional 4 shots, and I could still feel it a bit. So I was really dreading the root canal.

I'm so relieved, as I numbed after only double the usual amount for patients, that is the smallst dose that ever helped me! Maybe it was all the prayers I was saying! I have a high threshold of pain, I've even been sutured without numbing taking effect because I didn't want to wait since it never did go all the way numb. But for some reason, I can't tolerate tooth pain, not even a little. So, all in all, the root canal was fine! After that, today will be a piece of cake!

Ow, Michelle! I can't take epi, it makes my heart speed up too fast (I wonder now, with the pacemaker, if that'd be a problem...?), so I have to take novacaine straight and it takes 15-20 minutes to numb up enough to work on my teeth.

I had to leave the FL/TN game, it was 17-0 and TN just fumbled the ball at their own 2 yd line (sigh). I can't stand a boring football game.

Ow, Michelle! I can't take epi, it makes my heart speed up too fast (I wonder now, with the pacemaker, if that'd be a problem...?),
The pacemaker picks up your heart rate if it slows below the set rate. Pacemakers have no effect on speeded up heart rates -- they can't slow them down.

I just love your hutches Kathie. Truly inspiring. As for what I have been up to..I did a little fabric work in the Glencroft bedroom. I posted a couple of new pics in the gallery. I love the green! I want to do more with the fabric, but I don't want to overdo the room, so I will save what I have left for another project. I am still pondering ideas for what to do with the wall decorations for the room.

Yard sale starts in two hours. My livingroom looks like a junk yard. LOL Everyone else is still asleep right now but I will be rallying the troops to help carry it all outside.

I will pay them handsomely if we get a good haul. I hope it is successful cause I do not want to have to drag it all back inside.

I figure whatever I do not sell I will bring to the Salvation Army..not everything but the majority of it.

So, last week I told DW that I was going to Lowe's for a few small things. She asked to go with me...big mistake ! Came home with new flooring for the dining room ! And then it was "While you're at it, that cabinet should be replaced, etc." So, I have been working on this all week & have at least another week to go ! Next time I'll go to Lowe's alone !

Steve in PA

Awwww Steve, now that sounds like the kind of outing I like as well LOL, not hubby's favourite one though... But I bet you too will be thrilled when it is all voer and done ;) right?!? Hehe...

And Holly, that is a great tip as the smell and look alone will get people in such a good mood!!!

Hugs

Today we're going into The City (KC) once again, this time to a play entitled "Rising Water." It's about a couple trapped in their attic during Katrina's flooding. I'm not all that excited about going; I see a bout of depression coming on here. In fact, I'm surprised that Lloyd wants to see it, but he asked me to get the tickets, so . . .

Yesterday I finished planting the perennials I bought the other day. This isn't where they'll end up, but something was needed in the awkardly empty beds I created earlier this summer. Digging up the border rocks from the front of the house and hauling them around back wasn't easy, but I like the look. Anyway, while I was working, I disturbed a toad, who wasn't much bigger than a walnut. When I was finished, he hopped up on one of the stones as if to give final approval. My efforts must have passed muster, as he then hopped off into the day lilies and hasn't been seen since.

Have to go to a 3 year old nephews birthday party today. can't get out of this one, i've been lucky to skip the last 3 kids birthday parties this year but i have no other excuses...so i will try to get laundry finished today and hopefully work on the garfield some more before i leave. The foundation has been glued together...i just need to stabilize it more...punched out all the big pieces and they are sanded. hopefully i can get a dry fit done today so i can see how i want to do my kit bashing.

Last night I painted some white undercoats to get rid of the grey on the Willow, so this morning I could do the yellow.

Went to the pub for a delicious sunday roast lunch (the beef was a tinsy bit dry in places, but with gravy it just melted in my mouth, gorgeous!). Watched the football (soccer) too, though Chris abandoned me about 2/3s through the game. Not often its the girl staying in the pub to watch sport while the boy goes home!

Now i'm deciding what to do with the windows on the Willow.

Good luck with the yard sale Heidi!

Still resting my leg joints, but today we went out to go grocery shopping, and I had fresh parmesan-crusted tilapia with horseradish sauce for dinner, with rotelli & peas with cheese and an antepasto salad.

Tomorrow I'm going over to our local health department to meet with the current shcool health coordinator & her secretary (both former coworkers) and work out a schedule with them to help with the school screenings (vision, hearing & BMI; since I'm no longer licensed I won't do scoliosis screens) when we're home.

Today I went to church, ran to the market for a few items, made chicken alfredo for dinner, continued putting together the dining room set (Realife Miniatures) for my Christmas Shoppe, and now I'm watching the Emmys in between posting. Tomorrow I will continue my job search (been unemployed since April), write a few bills, spruce up my flower bed a bit, then head to the craft store for some "squiggly scissors" and a few pieces of either basswood or balsa. I'm on a strict budget now so I'm being a bit more creative and making a few pieces of furniture for my shoppe instead of buying them.

Lynne

Today i am rapidly chopping and changing my mind about the placement of my Barrington rooms :p

Its driving me insane so i have 'walked away' for a couple of days :p

I can never make a decision about anything its soooooooooooooo annoying i tells ya ;)

The yard sale was fine. We should have done it on Saturday but the neighbors had to work. I was dog tired after all of that.

Sundays are peoples family day..they are not inclined to do yard sales. I gave up around 2pm and hung out. Then we watched as they had to LUG everything back in the house. They had a ton of stuff.

I lucked out..She used to collect miniatures! She had two left over, both porcelain..a pig bank and a jack O lantern. I bought the two for $1.

Next time you have a pretty Saturday that they aren't working would be a far better time to have the yard sale, and if the weather's brisk, definitely sell coffee and fresh, hot baked goods, too. Maybe get another neighbor or two in on it, to share the work & expense. Get your talented daughter to make a few striking signs...