What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh, how I wish we had our PM system back! Praying for your mom, CJ.

I'm sorry we don't have that feature anymore, too! Holly, do you have an email connection for Wolfie? She has my email address. Maybe you could get it from her, rather than me posting it on a public forum. When I was ordering a doll from her it was getting tedious using the forum so we switched to emails.

Sorry, I lost all my old email addies when we switched servers after our move, and I tried emailing our new email addy to our old email adressbook list; Apparently they didn't get delivered and the addresses all disappeared. If you check her sig line, though, and go to her website I think you can email her from there.

...Love the inch by inch quote from Holly. Need to post that somewhere...
I borrowed that quote from Tracy (Minis on the Edge).

Well, made a trip to TN and back this week, to keep dealing with the mess with daddy. After a lot of goofy things that didn't need to happen, we finally made it home and thought everything was good. Yeah right. It still looks like it might work out in the end, just the end is a little further away. But that's okay. Reason for everything, right?

Sorry to vent here but I really am so down right now and I can't do it in the house. My time these days is devoted to dealing with DH and getting him to and from the Drs. DH is not scheduled for back surgery until the last week of this month and in between there are a lot of pre-stuff to insure he is healthy enough to have it. Heart Dr., Respitory Dr., General Dr., Blood tests, Xrays, bck brace fitting etc. And they are all over the place. Getting him in and out of the car, up and down stairs is so stressful. Poor DH is in such pain he can hardly move and when he does I cringe. We have had him in to urgent care twice this week and the shots for pain have not worked. The first Demeral shot did work for the pain on the left side, and Monday we are going in to Pain Management for a second for the right side then we have to turn around and drive nearly 60 miles to see the surgeon for a second review of his situation. I am hoping he will move the surgery up. It is a fairly routine surgery and the surgeon is the one who did the first one so we are not uncomfortable in having him again. I just want DH to be more comfortable and pain free. It really hurts to see someone who was so vigorous and confident reduced to this.

Venting is good for the soul Beverly, and I am hoping that the operation is moved up so that the both of you get less stressed and that the pain subsides for ypur husband as well!

Lots of hugs

Thanks Anna, It would help if he were not so stubborn and hated to have anyone do something for him. I keep telling him he is not a burden and turn around is only fair play because he had to deal with my problems after my detached retina and subsequent eight surgeries. Sigh, he is still the best Birthday present I ever got.LOL!!!!

That is men for ya' .... Right!?! Never easy at all not being oneself, especially so when used to be able to whatever one needed/wanted, that is for sure.

You hang in there and come around here for some more venting and or just energy support ;)

Hugs

Thanks Sarah! I finally was able to get some sleep today, woke up long enough to eat breakfast (that my wonderful husband had on the table for me!), then went right back to bed, and slept until 4pm!! Now to try and get caught up on the awesome SF entries that I haven't had time to look at!!

Beverly, so sorry for all you're going through right now, and for all the pain your husband is in. I hope they can move up the surgery so he can start getting back to normal.

What a sweet face Muriel. She does bring a smile to my face.

Little by little I have managed to fit in the necessary but minimal house work in between errands and doctor's visits but one chore I had been putting off was the fall shampooing the family room and bedroom rugs. With 3 dogs it is almost a quarterly requirement. Weather and dealing with current situation as well as a broken rug shampooer had sort have made me ignore them. One of the boxers decided that it was time and insured it by getting sick over both rugs as I tried to get her out the door or on to a tile floor. Anyway the main rugs are now done and all the windows and doors are open to encourage fast drying. All I really have to do is the hall runners and I will do that later this next week. We were lucky to find a new shampooer on line a couple of weeks ago and had it shipped so I did not have to go out to search for it. But it came assembly required. I finally put it together but it sat there cause i simply did not have the energy to tackle the rugs. I am happy with it. It is a bit heaver but the suction is much better and does a pretty good job.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers everyone, it does help. I know some of you have had to deal with much larger and more serious problems and what we are facing really is not as earth shaking or as serious and we have certainly had that in the past. It is just that this has been so wearing and I guess time has taken its toll. We are off to the pain management folks in the AM and then down south to his surgeon. Hopefully between the two of them they will be able to come up with some way to ease and manage his pain until his surgery later this month.

Life will get better, I believe, I believe, I believe. And I will get back to some miniing.

Well, after a hectic weekend of the eldest tending the the 4H food booth, seeing all the fantastic handwork, artwork, all manner of crafts, wonderful veggies and flowers as well as doing rides and food booths at the fair, we are all worn out. It was hard to get everyone up and out the door this AM. We go back one more time today to pick up the kiddos entries and ribbons (they did well this year).

I've decided to start a Pilate's aqua-cize class to see if I can get these old bones moving better. I am one session behind due to school things with the kiddos last week so this AM will be my first time. It is supposed to help me strengthen core muscles in the abdomen and hip areas to decrease the "Weebles" effect, as I call it, that I seem plagued with. The kiddos say I walk like a penguin. Oh well. By doing it in the water I'll have the assist of the water pressure to help me balance. (I hope). We shall see. I'm hoping for a minor miracle.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no miniing but I am finally getting caught up on some rest. All the pre testing for DH's surgery is done and the major running is over. We were not able to bring the surgery forward and now have to wait for the original date next week. Have not been able to get much house work done for the past two weeks because of all the running and seeing to DH's needs so have been trying to concentrate on that this week. Have the electrician in today working on a host of several small things that needed to be done before Winter sets in, broken GFI sockets and outdoor driveway lights that were damage when the rock guys were here. Just have one wall air conditioner opening sealed up prior to the real bad weather and that will be taken care of tomorrow. Since the guys are running in and out I have had to shift my emphasis and have been tackling a few clean out and organizing of closets. My dining room looked like one of those hoarder sites since I had been dumping stuff in there "until I could get to it". My sewing armoir/cabinet in there is a total disaster and so that is my focus today. Once that is done, I can get on the rest of the room. Laundry next!

I've been out of touch again, for several days, due to my job. The BIG W.WA State Fair goes through this weekend and I work the last two days. Thankful for the work but these County Fairs can be exhausting, with their 12-13 hour days! When I factor my commute into that I get about 5 hours of sleep a night.

Beverly, I'm sorry your DH is having so many health problems, hope all is resolved soon with the surgery.

Muriel, the pictures of Natasha are adorable! She looks like a busy little girl!

My mother's health is improving. She's still on oxygen 24/7 and we don't know if that's a "forever" thing or not. But at least she's up and around in the house and her tether (oxygen tube) lets her reach from one end of the house to the other. I tease her that now she can't hide from anyone - we just follow the tubing to find her. It's pretty easy to follow her trail! :dog:

We're still trying to sell our home and buy the one in NE before someone else does! Wish we were wealthy enough to just buy a second house, but we're not :(

Well, I was supposed to spend a quiet day working on my 1/4 scale house. No such luck; spent the day in hospital with my oldest having a pancreatitis attack. Tests normal so right now it looks like a virus. He's staying overnight at least on iv to prevent dehydration. I'll be back over there in the morning to see doctors, and of course more tests.

Glad they got the pain under control. Mommies don't like their little ones suffering even if he is 6'1"!

We came over to Henderson Beach State Park for our post-Labor Day week at the beach that got postponed a week so I could go let the tech at the cardiologist's office play with my pacer, and this is the first day the park's wifi has cooperated.

Monday & Tuesday we had rainstorms, so went thrift store shopping. Weds we hit the beach, although with twin red flags we couldn't go in the water; but we spent a couple of hours walking the beach. Today I rode my road trike from the campground to Silver Sands outlet mall and back, about 20 miles. There is a lovely bike trail that takes off from US98 along the Guf.

Update to my exercise class - I'm still going. It is a mental struggle to make that decision each time. So far so good !!

I did take a headlong tumble down the stairs in between which reinforced the idea that I REALLY NEED to do this.

Finishing up with decorating things for a wedding that is this weekend.

Just got hit up for another project that starts the next week after I've cleaned up from the wedding.

Not sure why I never remember to say "No" to all the things people ask me to do ... sigh ...

Guess I just like to be busy than a one-armed paperhanger.

...I did take a headlong tumble down the stairs...Not sure why I never remember to say "No" to all the things people ask me to do ... sigh ...
I did that backwards once, about fifteen minutes after DH took off for a weekend paddling trip with tent camping (I was coming down with some bug or other, so tenting wasn't "it" for me) and that's when he started looking for us a one-level house that resulted in our moving last year. Can't help you on the "No" thing; one day I suddenly discovered I could say it at the right time and people stopped asking me...

We just got home from our week at the beach a while ago and I'm taking a break from unloading the camper and washing clothes.

Yikes Holly, the crazy escapades we get ourselves into .... whew !!

I'm done the wedding stuff. It came out very nice if I do say so myself. The bride was pleased and that's what counts. She looked like a princess in her little garden retreat. She was the epitome of the glowing bride. I had to have the church back to normal for the following morning so it was a late night packing up and lugging stuff home. It's all over the place in my craft and studio rooms now but at least I'm done my obligation to everyone else except myself.

Now I'm onto the other project. Hopefully I can button up the background research today so the four presentations will be quicker and easier to do.

Exercise class is still going well. I sure can feel it but that's a good thing. It's doing something. yeah !!

I have been spending my time going back and forth to the hospital. DH moved out of ICU on Saturday and and onto the regular ward. The compression was much worse then the Doctors were expecting and they had a lot more complicated situation to deal with. He is doing really well and after two or three really down days his spirit is really up and he is working hard on his rehab. He moves to a rehab hospital closer to home tomorrow. We will see how he does there. He was expecting to come home after surgery and was not too happy at first to go to rehab. It took a few days to get him to recognize he was not as far along in recovery as he expected to be and there was no way I was going to be able to be his only care giver..