What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh, Tracy! Hope life calms down for you soon. You've had a really bumpy patch.

Thanks Kathie! That's what keeps things fun though, right?

I actually have an interesting personality trait. I get very stressed on little things, like whether something matches, or what somebody will think about something, etc. But big things I can handle, like deaths, my husband losing his job, and this stuff happening with daddy. Guess that's good, but it drives other people crazy when they are freaking out and I'm not, they think I don't care or something. But I do wish things would not come on me all together...

...I actually have an interesting personality trait. I get very stressed on little things, like whether something matches, or what somebody will think about something, etc. But big things I can handle, like deaths, my husband losing his job, and this stuff happening with daddy. Guess that's good, but it drives other people crazy when they are freaking out and I'm not, they think I don't care or something. But I do wish things would not come on me all together...
You & I must be clones, I\when the "stuff" hits the fan I'm the one who gets to deal with it at the time, and then go freak out at my leisure. And it's one of those pesky rules I wish no one ever made, that all the "stuff" seems to come down at once! :hugs: and lots of prayers; you ARE an awesome daughter!

We got back from our trip to the miniatures trade show Wednesday night. I've got to finish cataloging what we bought. Over 2 dozen new items counted and tagged. I think I'm close to halfway through, but then I still have to take pictures, write descriptions and add everything to the website. :type:

A big box came with some of our show orders today. I have no idea what's in it. :waycon:

More boxes of show orders to come - more new stuff.

We stopped to visit baby granddaughter, she's 18 months old, cute as a button, happy, monkey see monkey do, and very bright.

I'll post a picture when I get a chance. A few minutes after I came into her house she handed me her favorite pink blanket. I was told this was a very big deal. :D

• Like 1

I had thought I would finally be able to get some miniing in and had several things collected for a couple of small projects but will have to rethink that. DH has been really having problems with a herniated disk and he is scheduled for surgery the middle of next month. While its a fairly common procedure his other health problems are causing some concerns.There will be a bunch of pre evaluations scheduled to make sure he is good to go and i will be driving him to them. He had this done about six years ago and it really made adifference in his quality of life.

Over the next couple of days have some real big house projects and repairs to be taken care of. Need to get out my sewing machine for them. Hope I can find it. Havent seen it for a couple of months!

Hope everything goes okay with your husband Beverly, and that the surgery helps him. I'll be thinking about y'all.

My husband started his new job yesterday. He is now working with me, doing the same job, just in a different group of schools. So we have spent the last several evenings talking work stuff, while I tell him how everything works. And I am pretty unhappy with how they are handling his training, hope it gets better soon. Luckily he has me to call for help, because the person they have with him is not very useful. His partner had a new baby this weekend, but he should be in a couple days this week, and that will be better. I can talk to him about a bunch of stuff, but there's some stuff he needs to be shown. I finally had him just come by my office this afternoon and showed him more in 45 minutes than he learned the last 2 days. I am trying so hard to stay out of things, but somebody has to take charge (because it sure isn't my supervisors!)!

I am still decluttering, not motivated to do much. I want to get the basement decluttered so I can move the table around and bring in the metal shelves hubby got me. But I just can't get motivated. We are all doing fine, kids are growing up to fast. My oldest started driving a few months ago and takes his driving test in November. My momis ok, she's still driving me crazy but I can deal with that... I think..... She can be very frustrating. I am still working at old navy and still love my job. I am decluttering the whole house every room. And paying special attention to the basement. It seems it's just a huge catch all for everything and I am overwhelmed.

Finished the repairs on the canopy bed frame and drapes on it in one of our guest rooms Tuesday. Got taken out to dinner for my birthday. Am in the middle of redoing some sofa and chair covers that DH ordered to keep dog hair and dirt off our recently recovered furniture. They are very nice but were too big and expensive and the dogs have been all over them. They just looked terrible and I hated them. I wish DH had not started letting the dogs up on the furniture. Anyway Just one left to do and then at least they will be a lot neater and hopefully won't look like a rumpled mess. I just could not keep them in place!!!! Have high hopes to get some mining in this weekend.

Hang in there, Kelly. Begin in one corner and work your way out, and remember that inch by inch it's a cinch, but by the yard it gets hard.

Holly, I just took a piece of printer paper and wrote that down..... I hung it on the bookcase so I can see it every time I walk in the craft area.... I may have to hang that in every room.lol... Love it. And it is so true... I have been trying to follow flylady for a while now, and her sayingnisnyou can do anything in 15 minutes !! And it's true you can I get more done in 15 minutes if I break it down like that. With that being said.... The first thing I come to when I walk in the craft room is the shenandoah log cabin, so I will go dust it off, empty top floor, dust, put it all back( only what belongs) and then do the same with the bottom floor.

Not much time for minis lately. I have been pretty busy running DH to Dr's and getting some major projects around the house done before he goes into surgery later this month. I have a feeling I will be pretty occupied at least for a couple of weeks since he will be some what restricted in movement. His Dr is the one who did his previous surgery and it was very successful. Hopefully this one will be too.

I am so lucky and blessed with thoughtful and supportive family. My Birthday and Mother's Day combined gift, the 3D printer finally arrived yesterday and I still have to unpack it. Will do it later today and try to at least get it set up so I can pat it now and again. Still have to do some work in Google Sketch up before I can be productive with it. I had done some scale drawings of the pieces I hope to replicate for Elrond's Library. I will use another new toy that allows me to "Import" them to my computer and see if I can "lay"it into the Google software as a baseline to work with. That at least I can do in between other things. I also got a sweet little new toy gift, a Proxxon Pen Sander. It does not oscillate, it sands back and forth and is for getting into very tight places. Hope to be able to try it out soon.

Not much time for minis lately. I have been pretty busy running DH to Dr's and getting some major projects around the house done before he goes into surgery later this month. I have a feeling I will be pretty occupied at least for a couple of weeks since he will be some what restricted in movement. His Dr is the one who did his previous surgery and it was very successful. Hopefully this one will be too.

I am so lucky and blessed with thoughtful and supportive family. My Birthday and Mother's Day combined gift, the 3D printer finally arrived yesterday and I still have to unpack it. Will do it later today and try to at least get it set up so I can pat it now and again. Still have to do some work in Google Sketch up before I can be productive with it. I had done some scale drawings of the pieces I hope to replicate for Elrond's Library. I will use another new toy that allows me to "Import" them to my computer and see if I can "lay"it into the Google software as a baseline to work with. That at least I can do in between other things. I also got a sweet little new toy gift, a Proxxon Pen Sander. It does not oscillate, it sands back and forth and is for getting into very tight places. Hope to be able to try it out soon.

Thanks Holly, much appreciated.

I just unpacked the printer. It's tiny! Only about a foot square but the printing area is about six or eight inches square and large enough for what I want to use it for. Now to figure out what I need to do to get it ready to run!!!!!

WOW a 3D printer. My husband has shown it to me and it looks like a really great tool. Hope you post some comments about the use and results.

I'm working on the spring fling house and love it. Only started last week. Had chemo for 24 weeks and really wasn't up to it. So now I'm late but loving the process of gluiing and painting.

Well It is all set up but I need to do some 3dD drawings and I spent several hours playing with the software yesterday. It is a lot easier to simply deaw by hand then use the soft ware. Also a lot of square building block and I need curved and graceful lines. Sigh, this may take a while!

Wow! Everybody sounds so busy! My job has kept me out of the mini-loop for the last 5-6 weeks. I worked 4 County Fairs back-to-back in August. Each Fair was 5-6 days, each day was 12-13 hours long; plus commute. Doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else. My mother was taken to the hospital by ambulance while I was at work; stayed in a week with the beginning stages of congestive heart failure. She's much better now, but not out of the woods yet. Still on oxygen 24/7 and a jillion medications. But her energy is coming back and she's getting busy again on her computer and projects. And I always know where she is, just follow the oxygen tubing! :detective:

Our house is still on the market - but no serious interest yet. Still have a contingency contract of the life-sized Dollhouse we want to buy in Nebraska.

And all I really want to do is build something! :construction:

Oh, how I wish we had our PM system back! Praying for your mom, CJ.

Thank you, Holly. She's 89, but until 2 months ago was the Energizer Bunny. :banana: The last time she had a serious illness I was in grade school. (and that was a loooong time ago!) She's also my biggest mini-fan.

CJ, Hugs for you and your mom. My own grandmother broke her foot in June; almost 89 and slightly annoyed that she isn't getting better as fast as she used to!

The official let down from Spring Fling has set in. My table is a mess, still have not set up my new organization system. Boys started school this week which was rough on me. They are in middle school and high school this year so we have to get up EARLY. Thank goodness for a programmable coffeepot! I'm going to get out a new project sometime this month, but it may have to wait until the last day. Our downstairs shower started leaking, so we're taking it out and putting a tub back in. Unfortunately the plumber went on vacation while my husband was on vacation. My hubby did the demo already so as not to lose work time; I have been looking at the inside of my shower wall for over a week. Yuck! Not to mention the huge boxes with the tub, surround, and toilet that are in the dining room :rolleyes:

Got up yesterday morning to find that my refrigerator is on its last legs so time to get another one. Our repairman said it just doesn't pay to fix it since it needs a new compressor. Also, woke up on Tuesday to find that the pump on my father's koi/lily pond was sucking air which means the system is leaking water from somewhere. It's also reaching the end of it's life; it's been in there for at least 20 years. That project requires a backhoe, a holding tank for our koi, breaking up the concrete patio...the list goes on.

It will all get fixed eventually :) In the meantime, I have you guys to "escape" with :eekout:

CJ, Hugs for you and your mom. My own grandmother broke her foot in June; almost 89 and slightly annoyed that she isn't getting better as fast as she used to!

The official let down from Spring Fling has set in. My table is a mess, still have not set up my new organization system. Boys started school this week which was rough on me. They are in middle school and high school this year so we have to get up EARLY. Thank goodness for a programmable coffeepot! I'm going to get out a new project sometime this month, but it may have to wait until the last day. Our downstairs shower started leaking, so we're taking it out and putting a tub back in. Unfortunately the plumber went on vacation while my husband was on vacation. My hubby did the demo already so as not to lose work time; I have been looking at the inside of my shower wall for over a week. Yuck! Not to mention the huge boxes with the tub, surround, and toilet that are in the dining room :rolleyes:

Got up yesterday morning to find that my refrigerator is on its last legs so time to get another one. Our repairman said it just doesn't pay to fix it since it needs a new compressor. Also, woke up on Tuesday to find that the pump on my father's koi/lily pond was sucking air which means the system is leaking water from somewhere. It's also reaching the end of it's life; it's been in there for at least 20 years. That project requires a backhoe, a holding tank for our koi, breaking up the concrete patio...the list goes on.

It will all get fixed eventually :) In the meantime, I have you guys to "escape" with :eekout:

Hugs,Hugs and more Hugs!!! :hug:

I remember when I came down in the morning once to find our 15x25 plaster living room ceiling on the floor, I said "****,****,****", walked in the kitchen and poured a cup of coffee. It all will get fixed but it's the getting to that point that's hard.

• Like 2

Thanks so much Janet! I'm most anxiously anticipating the new toilet believe it or not. It has FLAT sides!!! No more craning my neck around under the toilet cleaning that terrible S-curve :banana: I'm also kind of excited about the fridge. We'll be getting a fridge-only model...I have 2 separate freezers...loads more room for perishables. Plus, it might not run 24/7 like my current one so electricity might be a little cheaper :lol:

We are all busy with the founds of the county and 4H fall fairs right now.

Kiddos are all entering all manner of craft projects, flowers and veggies that they grew.

It's always hectic at the last minute but worth it in the long run.

Hate to see summer end and not be able to step out the back door and pick fresh food for supper. It's always so sad to me.

Love the inch by inch quote from Holly. Need to post that somewhere. On a good note, my craft areas are almost done getting rehabbed so they will be ready to use soon. :artist: Most of the walls, the window casings and the 2 big benches have all been scrapped, sanded and painted. I still have a floor in the wood shop to do 2 coats of paint on yet. Then the rest of the "stuff" can be finished being put away.

On the other front, my regular house looks like a tornado went through !!! :rolleyes: There is always something to do !!!