What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Funny, though, my youngest (one on left) won't wear long sleeves, only jackets! And I love "broken pants"! How cute! When this same child was 2, we got him some of those pants that zip off to make shorts. Oh my goodness. You would have thought we were cutting his legs off when we went to unzip them!

I can't say a word though. Even in August I wear my work winter coat to work every day. I get lots of looks and comments about that! :)

Not much new to report on my mother - still in the hospital, still on oxygen 24/7, still waiting for a prognosis. When I'm not working 12-hour days I spend 4-6 hours with her in the hospital. Her 2 sisters are visiting her today. I would love to have her back home, but actually am glad she's in the hospital until she's stronger.

Tracy, the pic of your boys made a stanza from the 60's Patty Duke show pop into my head....

Where Cathy adores a minuet,

The Ballet Russe, and crepe suzette,

Our Patty loves to rock and roll,

A hot dog makes her lose control --

What a wild duet!

We're going to a miniatures trade show next week to buy things for New England Miniatures. I need to pair up my clothes so I can keep my luggage to a minimum.

I'm taking all shorts and tops, but I wind up with all sorts of other things that pile up. A pair of shoes for the car trip that I can slip off and on, an extra pair of shoes for the show in case the regular pair starts to make my feet hurt, my ipod dock so I can play brown noise in case the hotel air conditioners are the kind that turn on and off. I wake up whenever that kind turns off. The laptop, chargers for laptop and phones, paperwork, and oh yes, my foam bed pillow. I need my pillow to make sure I sleep well without getting a headache, but I hate dragging it in and out of hotels, especially the one where you have to go in and out through the lobby. The other day I tried sticking it into one of those storage bags where you can press out the air and flatten it out, but the seal on my bag must be defective, cause after a while the pillow started fluffing back up again. I'd like to stuff the think in my other suitcase, so I might try another storage bag.

I wish I didn't feel the need to take that pillow, but I've spent many sleepless hours in hotel rooms.

We are at our son's house in VA after a three-day road trip. He twiddled with the problem of our not being able to access wifi on the road, and here I am. Grazhe, I sleep with three pillows; two elevate my head so my sinuses will drain properly and the third is to elevate whichever hand and leg are on top when I'm on my side. They have gone through all sorts of motel and hotel lobbies to wherever our room is.

By Thursday we had made it to Staunton, VA, so because we had all sorts of time we stopped in Charlottesvile and toured Monticello, which we both have always wanted to do. The tour tickets are quite pricey, but oh, my! was it ever worth it! We got a guided tour of the first floor and then we were free to tour the areas under the house and the grounds. There are pea gravel hiking traiils all over the estate, so we had a gorgeous hike back to the truck. Finding our way out of town to the road we wanted to take to DC was a bit of a challenge, but when we finally got to our road we found an afghan restaurant to stop for lunch.

DS also fiddled with our computer to see if he could restore our bookmarks, but apparently they are gone. I don't think our problem with them is our server. Whenever we try to access them we get a popup that reads "Access your Google bookmarks. Requires sign in" and then asks for a password we don't have.

Grazhe, I sleep with three pillows; two elevate my head so my sinuses will drain properly and the third is to elevate whichever hand and leg are on top when I'm on my side.

It's funny how many people do that!

I use 3 when sleeping on my side, one for head, one between my knees and one under my arm, and will use up to 5 or 6 when sleeping on my back if I'm feeling achy. One under my head, one under each arm, 2 under my knees - 3 if they're flattish.

My husband used to protest when I dragged my pillow on trips, but I pointed out several other people who were doing the same thing, so I wasn't such a total oddball - still, it's a pain having to take it, and could be a pain if I didn't.

As to your bookmarks problem. I found this link in a long google help thread from last year, have you tried it?

http://www.google.co...s/bookmarks.xml

You have to be signed in to google.

Right now I am looking at my muddy dirty kitchen floor. I should mop it but I will wait until later today because the rock guys are still here and until they are finished and the ground dries out the dogs will have muddy paws. They finally finished the rock work in the back walls and now are working on the wall in front that was slowly falling down. Hopefully they will finish that one up today and the muddy pits dry out.

Over this past week I have been taking new pictures of my various mini projects to replace the ones on my various sites. There were many from my first attempts that were not so clear and downright fuzzy. Once those are replaced I want to get serious about cleaning and organizing my work space. Need to set up some new tools I got as replacements for the early "cheapies"I got before I knew I was serious about this hobby. I also need to do an inventory of what I have on hand. Also want to update my library of books and finish filing my dh magazines.

One of the neat things about visiting the son in VA is how mini wonderful places there are to visit! Saturday we all went to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum branch housed at Dulles International Airport and got to see a Bl;ackbird and one of the space shuttles.

Sunday we went to Harper's Ferry where re-enactors had set up a Civil War Union field hospital unit, complete with body for embalming. Afterwards we crossed the rivier and hiked a little of the C&O canal trail to find a spot for our picnic lunch, and afterwards DH & the kids hiked up that lovely long hill and back down while I sat on a shady bench. The day was young, so we went on over to Gathland, in Maryland, and took a look at the War Correspondents' Arch and the remains of some of the buildings, including Gath's tomb, which is supposedly unoccupied. If youwalk up close to the grill door, though, there's a wild surprise. It would have been gorgeous if there had been fowers blooming, and it was really lovely otherwise except for the gnats, which were awful.

DDIL couldn't get time off, so we decided to do DC museums and other sites she doesn't care to spend time at. Yesterday we hit the American History Museum, open for the first time in several years. The collections are still being put back! The Foucault's Pendulum is gone, alas! and Julia Child;s kitchen is due to reopen on Wednesday, so we can go back and finish the last floor and a half of the museum we didn't get to tour!

Today we're running errands and washing clothes.

Yesterday we hit the American History Museum, open for the first time in several years.

We went to the Smithsonian about 5 or 6 years ago, and I was so disappointed to find the American History Museum was to be closed for a year for renovation. I see now that putting our trip off till the next year would have made no difference.

The kids have been back in school two weeks now. My youngest has already gotten sick. :( He's had a fever today, so I guess no school for him tomorrow.

My step-dad's sister was in a motorcycle accident yesterday. They are taking her off life-support tonight. I am heart-broken over this. :(

On a happier note. My husband got offered a job where I work. Last month he was "displaced"in his current job, but put in another (higher) position within a couple of weeks. While he had no position, he applied for my work. Hate that he went back to his old job, just to have to leave again. This new job will be a pay-cut (more per hour, but less days), but better for benefits and schedule, and a better job for the future. We just have to take a deep breath and hope we can make it through! I gotta get my rear in gear and start getting better at my coupon shopping again. Wish us luck!

Tracy, so sorry to hear about your step-dad's sister :hug: Those types of things are really rough. Fingers crossed that the new job works out great :)

Our whole family has been down with a 24 hour virus. First my youngest, then the big one, then me and even my husband who never gets anything got it. My whole schedule is kaput! I've got to go out tomorrow; hopefully I'll get some back-to-school shopping done as well as returns of some of the stuff I already got that wasn't right.

Tracy, so sorry to hear about your step-dad's sister :hug: Those types of things are really rough. Fingers crossed that the new job works out great :)

Our whole family has been down with a 24 hour virus. First my youngest, then the big one, then me and even my husband who never gets anything got it. My whole schedule is kaput! I've got to go out tomorrow; hopefully I'll get some back-to-school shopping done as well as returns of some of the stuff I already got that wasn't right.

Thanks Sarah!

And here's hugs to you and your family that y'all will all start felling better quick! :hug:

Another long rescue dog run today, two girls. One is preggy. Can't even begin to imagin how sad their family must have been to give them up.

BIL has been ill for some time and sis is very down. They say there is nothing more to be done. He is determine to really enjoy what time he has. We all are praying oldest son finishes his tour and gets back from Afganistan in time. So sad,

The kids have been back in school two weeks now. My youngest has already gotten sick. :( He's had a fever today, so I guess no school for him tomorrow.

My step-dad's sister was in a motorcycle accident yesterday. They are taking her off life-support tonight. I am heart-broken over this. :(

On a happier note. My husband got offered a job where I work. Last month he was "displaced"in his current job, but put in another (higher) position within a couple of weeks. While he had no position, he applied for my work. Hate that he went back to his old job, just to have to leave again. This new job will be a pay-cut (more per hour, but less days), but better for benefits and schedule, and a better job for the future. We just have to take a deep breath and hope we can make it through! I gotta get my rear in gear and start getting better at my coupon shopping again. Wish us luck!

Benefits, schedules and future are sure important reasons, especially benefit packages and the future. I'm still trying to master the art of coupon shopping. I've noticed the expiration dates are a lot sooner than they used to be.

Very sorry about your step dad's sister. Sounds like you've had alot to deal with. Take care

Ugh. Why is it as soon as you think things are going good and getting back to normal, something happens? I wonder sometimes how strong I can be. Please say a little prayer or think some happy thoughts for me and my family...

All kinds of good vibes flowing toward you and yours, Tracy. :hug:

Ugh. Why is it as soon as you think things are going good and getting back to normal, something happens? I wonder sometimes how strong I can be. Please say a little prayer or think some happy thoughts for me and my family...

Life is just like that...which is really lame! Prayers and happy thoughts and good wishes and whatever else may help are being sent for you :hug:

Thanks Kathie, Anna, and Sarah. :hug:

Today was a bit hectic, always fun packing and moving in a day, but hopefully we'll know more what's going on in a few days.

Tracy, somewhere I missed a post. Moving? You? Where?

Tracy, somewhere I missed a post. Moving? You? Where?

Sorry, It wasn't you that missed a post, it was me assuming you all could read my mind... :doh:

All my daddy's stuff had to be moved out of his place. Today. We found out at 11pm last night, even after I wrote my original post (it kept getting better and better last night...) Me and my sister did it all ourselves, because we're awesome daughters. :)

And in the middle of it all I had a hundred conversations (face-to-face and phone) with landlords, employers, friends, ex-wives, ex-girlfriends, and lawyers. I am so tired of being on the phone today.