What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I just wanted to know who saw the season premiere of SNL last Saturday? Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were a hoot as Palin and Clinton.

I saw it. I loved it. I laughed my pants off. Absolutely perfect! I was a big SNL fan back in the early 90s but recent years not so much.

Also doctor appointment went rather well yesterday. I am on anti anxiety meds now though. :rofl:

Say a prayer for me if you would please. I am having a medical issue that could go easy ( but expensive) or very bad (and expensive). To top it all off the people who are renting the other house can't pay anymore and we are going to have to kick them out the end of the month. We are going to have to find new renters or let the bank forclose. I am so upset because we just spent every cent we had to keep it from being forlcosed on just a couple months ago and if we can't find a new renter very soon we would have spent all that money for nothing.

I will say a prayer to the rental gods that you get the best renters who have massive amounts of cash that they can pay for the rent a year in advance!

Cleaning house today.. :rofl: Fred is on the couch reading the paper. I hate that. Dont you hate that? You are cleaning or doing something and other members of the household sit around. The most they do is lift their feet when you vacuum.

I wanted to give a great christmas present idea to you all. Chelsea bought this book called Wreck this Journal at Borders a couple weeks ago.

Her and Natalie have been having fun with it. We are getting one for a friend of Nats for her birthday.

It gives instructions to basically wreck the journal. Like write backward on this page, make this page into an airplane, wrap something in this page, break the spine of book, etc.

Might be a great stocking stuffer for the teen or tween or grown up in your life.

Here is a website from the author.

I got my leg checked out, it's tendonitis in both the right knee and right ankle and I've been ordered to stay completely off of it for two or three DAYS! (it's killing me; I can hop from room to room upstairs on my left foot, but not up & downstairs!) and take NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for a couple of weeks, AND "take it easy" on the outdoor activities (what!? no more 10-mile paddles?).

I'm finishing up the second afghan for Baby Boy (if that's what the parents are calling him before he's born, that's what I'll call him from now on; teach them to keep his name a "secret"!) and begun a cabled dress for Grayson in variegted pompadour baby yarn that so far looks adorable! I have three bags of needlework projects on the bed (the third is the 1:24 sala grande rug I'm stitching for La Casita), so I hopped into the front room to play here!

Something smells rotten in Denmark! (no offense to Denmark)

There is a smell in my kitchen and I cannot figure out where it is coming from (we do not have gas so that is not it)

Fridge smells fine, garbage was taken out, recycle bin is okay, no rotten fruits or veggies, garbage disposal is okay too.

Smells like spoiled dairy.

I think I will be tearing the kitchen apart today to figure it out. What a waste of a beautiful day.

Slowly getting the yard done. I have to buy more mulch this week. I buy 3 bags at a time. That is all I can handle or fit in the car each trip. Planted more allium bulbs (i have the really BIG ones) and I am going to transfer some of my per. into that bed.

I have a freecycler coming on Sunday to collect some Hostas. I have so many and I could use the extra help digging them up anyway. This time of year I feel a bit like Martha.

Going to go start cleaning the pantry and work my way thru the kitchen. Wish me luck..Ewww!

good luck!

I do hate hidden smells! not sure what Ill do today. cleaning should be first on the list but who wants to do that?

I started a book yesterday so maybe Ill read for awhile and clean some later.

still having issues with the new meds....insomnia and wobbly feeling about 2 hours after taking it.

but it hasnt been a week yet so I know my body is still adjusting.

nutti :)

This is on today's agenda ... driving into KC to see the art quilt show for the second time, lunch someplace nice (I'm voting for BBQ), and a talk by one of the quilters. Mozell Benson, who quilts in the manner of the Gee's Bend quilters, was received national heritage folk art recognition a few years ago, has represented the US State Dept in an educational exchange program to Nigeria.

Before we leave, I'm going to spend a few minutes working on the PA dutch hutches. They're coming along very nicely.

Yesterday Lloyd and I drove out into the countryside and found a small family cemetery. It was totally overgrown with shoulder-high ragweed. We nearly missed it entirely but persevered. I got a photo of the tombstone I was after. Even the half hour I spent picking ragweed seeds off of my shoelaces and socks was very peaceful, zen-like. :)

Mozell Benson, who quilts in the manner of the Gee's Bend quilters, was received national heritage folk art recognition a few years ago, has represented the US State Dept in an educational exchange program to Nigeria.
Wouldn't Nigerian motives make gorgeous quilts!? (This from an old avid quilter & admirer of African art!)

They gave me a shot of Toredal yesterday and put me on an oral NSAID to reduce the inflammation in the affected tendons, and I'm having a really hard time staying in bed! I guess I should have taken the ARNP up on her offer to give me a muscle-relaxer, too, so I'd feel crappy enough to stay put. I'm using my sassafras hiking stick to hop around on, I have three bags of needlework & my latest "Sister Jane" (Rita Mae Brown's The Tell-Tale Horse) and DH found me the enhanced rabbitears and the remote so I can watch TV if I get too bored (by that time I'll be able to be up & about again!lol).

I love when I have to get a shot of Toredal. Not that I love it..just that when I have had bad pain, it always did the trick!

I hope it helps you.

Taking a short break from the kitchen. I have to work in stages. Still have not found it. Thinking I am going to have to take everything out of the fridge and give a good scrubbing...Maybe something rolled underneath?

The past two days have been busy. Monday ee went to a nearby art museum, a park, and the Mission santa claira de assisi. Tuesday we went to the intel museum located at intel headquarters, then to the Rosicrucian museum, what an interesting place, Today we plan to go the Winchester mystery house.

We have been doing our best to keep our travel website up to date. http://web.me.com/darrelladmelissa

Melissa

Just got off of work, relaxing. trying to decide if i will start cleaning/moving things around in anticipation of my house guest, or just relax today and get right on it early tomorrow morning. i'm leaning toward the later...lol...

Thank Kathie for fixing the url. Yesterday we went to the Winchester Mystery House, what a strange place. We also took the behind the scenes tour there and got to go into the basement.

Today we went to the Tech Museum of Innovation. They have a machine there we had fun playing in until the place go crowded. It simulated big earthquakes, lol. They also had am imax dome theater we watched a show in. We then went to the Japanese friendship garden, beautiful peaceful place. and to the history in the park exhibit.

Interesting website, Melissa! Looks as if you've been having fun.

I added an "n" to the url above. Now it clicks straight through to your pages. :lol:

I am reluctantly participating in a yard sale on Sunday. As I mentioned before, our neighbor is in dire straits with their income. They want to throw a yard sale on Sunday (beautiful weather) to make money to pay bills. Asked if we wanted to do it too. More families on the street, more people will come. They could not afford to pay for the ad in the paper so I went and put it in. They told me they will give me half after the yard sale is over but I think I will just let them keep their half. They need it more then we do.

I LOVE going to yard sales..I hate having yard sales.

So I am going to go around and de-clutter and decide what I want to drag outside. I have to tag stuff (ugh) too. We are hoping to make enough money to take the four of us out to dinner and a movie.

It is cooolllld this morning. It is 46 deg F outside in CT.

Well Fall has most definitely come to North FL, yesterday temps never got out of the 80s (brrr!). Rain's in the forecast for the weekend, so staying off the leg will be easy (going to try downstairs with the hiking stick; I can bend my right knee while laying down, so sleeping's better!)

Downstairs the light's good enough to stitch on my 1:24 scale rug some more; I promised DH stuffed French toast for breakfast if he'd let me come downstairs to make it. Of course, if I can't do a good limp down with the hiking stick on the stairs I won't overdo it; wild horses can't keep me from Atlanta (there's only possible thing that could and I'm not mentioning it!).

Got off of work, stopped by and had my new rims and tires put on the truck (i ordered them earlier this week) ...oh btw, got a new used truck a month ago, an '08 gmc sierra crew cab....it looks nicer with the new rims! i'll have to shoot a picture. I just got inside and had a bite to eat, i seriously needed it, didn't eat much for lunch today. now i'll have to figure out how to get the old rims/tires out of the bed of the truck...it's a bit tall and i don't want to look like an idiot climbing up into the bed and wrestling the tires out by myself. i'm short and fat, what a lovely sight that would be. i don't know if i can just leave them out all night. I may have to wait until i can get Andrew to help me tomorrow. Hopefully noone will steal them overnight. I want to sell them so i hope noone steals them. I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it. I have a photo of the truck from when i first bought it...looks different with the new rims so i'll post an updated photo tomorrow. Maybe i'll sneak out after dark and do the work under cover of darkness and wrestle at least a couple of them out of the bed and into the garage. it wouldn't bother me that they stay in the bed overnight except that you can see them...so if i can at least remove the ones that you can see.....

my brother may not be coming to stay after all....or for maybe part of the time anyway, i called him a little while ago to see how he is doing...so i'm not going to clean like i planned this weekend, i'm going to work on my Garfield...now watch, he'll change his mind and the house will be a disaster...lol...he's definately welcome tho. If he does come, i hope he gives me some advance notice as i will be working alot of days this week (i picked up an extra shift, traded another and will now have to carry the beeper next weekend so it will be a very busy work week.) ....anyway i'm just dying to get started on the Garfield and although i do want to help my brother i do feel a little relieved that i will have some garfield time this weekend. maybe when i see him on sunday i can pin him down a little more about whether or not he is coming and to throw it up in the air to give me some advance warning so that i can clean. I still have to move a bunch of stuff out of the room i was going to put him in...i did so much yesterday i physically am tired and sore (cleaned up and moved stuff out of the family room, cleaned half of the basement (big project)...and moved some other stuff to the garage...i was bushed! still am actually since i went to bed way late and got up at 3:45 for work. So things left to do before/if he comes: empty out more of the room that he would be staying in...clean out the fridge, straighten pantry, thoroughly clean the house, laundry. I really need to go grocery shopping this weekend as well. so you can see why i would rather spend time with my garfield ;) , less physically taxing. I'm eager to get going on it and see how my kit bashing could possibly work. i'd really like to be able to dry fit the shell this weekend.

Today I was able to limp around upstairs without hopping or pain.

that's good news! ....nurses make bad patients ;) . don't do too much...take it easy! i've had tendonitis and it's a bugger to heal...take it easy.

Wew, got the tires outta the back of the truck....not as hard as i anticipated. I used a rake to pull them toward me, then when i could reach, i grabbed and in a controlled 'drop' they each fell to the ground, bounced and rolled with my guidance into the garage :D really quite messy....i got black stuff on my nose somehow. So i'll take photos of them sometime this week and list them for sale locally :D...with the profits i can pay toward the balance on my new tires and wheels. ....no interest for 1 year so i am motivated to get them paid off in less than a year. I need to go grocery shopping this weekend, when i do, i'll stop somewhere and take photos of my truck and post them here on sunday evening.

Tomorrow i'm taking the garf outta the box!!!!!!!! I doubt i'll take in progress photos until i can really show what i'm doing. So no new blog photos of the garf anytime soon. .....i'm really planning on some interesting modifications, i will have to dry fit first tho to see if they will work...i'd really like to get my ideas together before i post photos... ;)